TV: HBO: Euphoria

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Been hearing a lot about this show, not sure if it's something I'd be interested in or not.

I read a criticism of the show today which said that there is an excessive amount of nudity in the show which never seems to serve any real purpose in the plot. Would people who have watched it say this is accurate?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Oh yeah, that's right. Morphine had been mentioned.

Was it 10k? I was thinking it was a lot more than that.
She originally offered 50k (quite a bit to entrust to a former drug addict who is still in high school) but Rue asked for less.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Been hearing a lot about this show, not sure if it's something I'd be interested in or not.

I read a criticism of the show today which said that there is an excessive amount of nudity in the show which never seems to serve any real purpose in the plot. Would people who have watched it say this is accurate?

There is some nudity but definitely not excessive by any means. Maybe the criticism is around the Male Nudity? And if thats the case, that is a poor argument as well. Who cares.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
There is definitely more male nudity then typical in a show. The only scene that felt like it went over the line for me was the Cam scene with the big dude. I would have been a much happier person never having to have witnessed that in my life. It is a great show though, last nights episode hit hard.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I would say at times it's excessive, but not really. I mean you could make an argument that any nudity is pretty much excessive. That said it doesn't bother me. I think part of it might be that it's characters who are in High School.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I would watch the f***ing shit out of junkies on the run going through neighborhoods.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It was morphine, but same idea.

That was tough to watch.

Pretty clear this was Laurie's plan all along. She knew Rue would never pay her back 10k, got her in serious debt and desperate for a fix, wouldn't give her pills, now getting her hooked on intravenous opiates. The lines about how she knew Rue would be in her life a long time, and that women always have something that men will want were chilling. That lady is f***ed up.
Yeah Rue owes her 14k, 10k for the drugs plus 4k profit.

As you said, it's pretty obvious Laurie has had this plan to trap rue from the beginning. She gave rue the drugs without hesitation, even offered her way more drugs because she wanted to make sure she ends up desperate. The whole giving morphine was all planned. You clearly she has had pills in the suitcase but still decided to use the needle. She stabbed her multiple times to make it look like shes a frequent user. Also, I got the impression that Laurie has people locked up in her place.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah Rue owes her 14k, 10k for the drugs plus 4k profit.

As you said, it's pretty obvious Laurie has had this plan to trap rue from the beginning. She gave rue the drugs without hesitation, even offered her way more drugs because she wanted to make sure she ends up desperate. The whole giving morphine was all planned. You clearly she has had pills in the suitcase but still decided to use the needle. She stabbed her multiple times to make it look like shes a frequent user. Also, I got the impression that Laurie has people locked up in her place.
The way I saw it, the other people living there are there the same way she tried to trap Rue there. They get the drugs by being forced to work for her as their debts. She said she always gets her money back, so I’m guessing Fez is gonna be involved here. She’s gonna come after him, and he doesn’t know this is going on.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One thing I was thinking about that I noticed earlier in the season (I believe) or was it late last season, but I think it was at a party or something and Maddy and Jules were interacting as though friends/casual friends. So does Maddy not know about Nate and Jules or is she cool with it because nothing ever happened? I'm guessing the former.

Yeah, Fez will definitely be involved in some way.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
One thing I was thinking about that I noticed earlier in the season (I believe) or was it late last season, but I think it was at a party or something and Maddy and Jules were interacting as though friends/casual friends. So does Maddy not know about Nate and Jules or is she cool with it because nothing ever happened? I'm guessing the former.

Yeah, Fez will definitely be involved in some way.
I’m assuming Nate kept that to himself

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m assuming Nate kept that to himself
Maddy stole the disc of Jules and Cal that Nate was hiding, but she never saw it and he doesn’t know she has it. It’s a plot point that’s still just kinda sitting out there that may come through now that Maddy knows about Nate and Cassie. She probably thinks that’s what the disc is.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Maddy stole the disc of Jules and Cal that Nate was hiding, but she never saw it and he doesn’t know she has it. It’s a plot point that’s still just kinda sitting out there that may come through now that Maddy knows about Nate and Cassie. She probably thinks that’s what the disc is.

I thought she knew what was on the disc, but I think in the sneak peek for next week they show her clearly watching something on her laptop.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought she knew what was on the disc, but I think in the sneak peek for next week they show her clearly watching something on her laptop.
I don’t think they ever showed her looking at it. She still has/had feelings for Nate so it may be a line she didn’t want to cross. But all bets are off now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Haha, I can’t wait! Looks like all hell will break loose. As for this week, everybody f’d up as usual. I liked the scene between Nate and his mother.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You can definitely see why he is screwed up

Yeah, but you go back to that conversation with his mother, where he flat out lied to her despite her saying she knew the truth, and at some point you think "when is this person going to take responsibility for their own actions?" Granted he's only in High School here, but I know people who are middle aged who do things because of something that affected them during their childhood. So they know what they're doing is wrong and why they came to do it at some point, but then they still do it regardless. Anyway, TMI.

Back to the show, I was waiting for a character on the show to give the excuse that Cassie is just sorta dumb.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh man I needed a come down after that.

Ethan, this guy is a king. Hope the best for Fez PLEASE

We waited for Lexi to get her moment and oh man is the patience paying off in a huge way

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Amazing! Immediately started rewatching. Couldn’t stop laughing at the football players scene.

Nothing new to me really, but just love the soundtrack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad