HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ tv series

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is Lady Trieu the woman in the vivarium or whatever it’s called?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
This is the first episode where I’ve started to feel like it’s losing me. Family lineage **** is boring.
I agree, hoping that family ties doesn't turn out to be a big hook in the overall story.
Its interesting watching it with my wife, because she has zero background info on the show and seeing how they slowly piece together the background references is kinda neat when they click for her. So I think they're doing a good job with that at least.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How is Laurie's trauma her father raping her mother when she didnt know about it till after she was a mask

It's just a way to explain her backstory to people who haven't seen the film or read the graphic novel.

You could argue that it affected Silk Spectre I who transferred that to her daughter - but that's stretching it a bit.

I'm enjoying it - the performances are solid, Jeremy Irons is delightfully insane, Night and Blake are good.

I find Tim Blake Nelson's Looking Glass character impossibly intriguing. He really plays against my existing prejudice that people with thick Southern accents are bumpkins.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
What was it that Sister Night threw into the dump truck? I was distracted and didn't give it a re-watch.

Also, I like that they burn their trash for electricity generation.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Lots of information with lots of new questions.

Lady Trieu is the one who has Ozy locked up. Each episode’s Ozy scene has been one year apart.

We know who took Will.

Ahhhhhh. And here I thought he just really loved birthday cake. Good catch.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah, the story is moving slowly, and the internet is putting a lot of the other pieces together

I don't even know what those pieces might be.

I just know "who are my parents/grandparents?" storylines are boring.

I like the stuff with the FBI and the mask wearing police and the Nixon worshipping racists.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I was totally lost in the first 2 episodes...like zero idea what's actually going on. Will probably come back to it to give it more of a shot when I can watch more episodes in a row. I'm close to dropping this one entirely though.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ya i really liked that episode. Perfect cliffhanger ending too. Can’t wait for next week.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
So is Adrian on one of Jupiter’s moons?

Articles about the episode indicate that when he launched himself into space, he landed on Jupiter’s moon “Europa”. I’m not sure if the regular place he’s being held is a planet or another moon though.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
This show absolutely rules. The episode structures give me the same vibes as Lindelof’s other recent masterpiece “The Leftovers”.

Looking Glass’ character spotlight tonight was great, hooked me right off the bat with that opening sequence at the carnival.

Reactions: tealhockey

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great episode - great performances.

I always wonder when they show a character’s entire backstory whether that character has an expiration date.

I get that LG’s arc may be done but at the same time, he’s so cool I hope he turns the tables on the 7K.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad