Prospect Info: Hawks @ World Juniors

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That would make sense if Joker was struggling playing that much. Is Guy Boucher ruining Tomas Chabot by playing him as his #1? Is Charlie MacAvoy ruined after he played as a top pairing player as a rookie? It's a young man's game now.

Valid comparisons....cough ... cough

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Just because Beaudoin is our drafter is not a reason to state Markus Phillips did not deserve to be kept over him...

Either Team Canada Jr's brass thought Phillips played better than Beaudin AND Ottawa draftereJacob Bernard-Dooker (North Dakota in NCAA hockey).....OR they thought Phillips fit what they needed most in depth for the 7 D who made it ..

Phillips style is more defensive and perhaps they wanted a PK guy or better PK dman insurance as 7th D than another more offensive PMD type ..

Having not seem the action vs.the USports all stars from Canadian Universities that beat Team Canada again today ...this time 5-1 ...after winning 5-3 against the Canadian Jrs on Thursday night and losing only the 1st of the 3 games by 3-2 on Wednesday ,it is hard to even make an opinion on which of these 3 guys played best ...so whether Phillips did that or whether he was chosen for style and roles suitability over the other two...I do not know.

Remember...Beaudin would not be on the PP because they have Bouchard and Dobson...and so it may have come down to that PK role which they feel Phillips is better at or as insurance for the PK if 1 of their top PK pair den goes out with injury.

So you must consider a lot before you blanket state Beaudin was "robbed".

It is great to be a Homer for Hawks draftees ..but if you are Canada World Jrs team management ...you cannot root for guys just on a bias cause he was picked by your favourite NHL team...no..you select on what is best for all contingencies and whow you think gives the team it's best chances for success.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bummer that Nordgren got injured (got hit in the head= concussion? ) and did not fly with the Finland Jr's. to Canada to prepare for the World Jr.Championship Tournament ...looks like he. may miss the tournament ...I guess they are evaluating him medically next week ...

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Bummer that Nordgren got injured (got hit in the head= concussion? ) and did not fly with the Finland Jr's. to Canada to prepare for the World Jr.Championship Tournament ...looks like he. may miss the tournament ...I guess they are evaluating him medically next week ...

Here's the clip where you can see how all happened.
Yes the injury is concussion and Nordgren is placed to injured reserve he'll be sidelined for now.
U20 WJC's still jeopardy.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
looks like Stan might've hit one with Entwistle...iirc he had mixed reviews on this board when they acquired him
scouting and drafting, i trust him except for his selection of the 1st pick on the 2018 draft.

game on :naughty: :cool:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
agree, their pro scouting department needs a big overhaul...the side mark kelley runs is money
well you threw me there for a moment. i needed to read this several times.....

i one pick i really wanted and was bitching was not moving up 2 or 3 spots in the 1st round for Filip Zadina ...... don't get me wrong, Adam Boqvist is a freaking great pick but Zadina is the better pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad