Feb 27, 2002
So we have...

Sweden-Boqvist
Czech- Galvas
Swiss- Kurashev
Canada- Mitchell, Beaudin
USA- Barratt
Finland- Nordgren

Barratt, Mitchell, Beaudin as question marks if they make the team.

Missing anyone? Don't know the status of those Russian prospects maybe they are eligible? Hakarrainen for Finland?

Entwhistle also invited to Canada Selection Camp...

All 3 Hawks Prospects mat be I'm tough to make their squad...If Beaudoin and or Mitchell makes their team they are probably only in consideration for the 5-7 spots...

According to Craig Button the top 4 for Canada should be Evan Bouchard,Noah Dobson,Ty Smith and Josh Brook...

So that if true means Beaudoin or Mitchell or both have to beat out others vying for a 3rd pairing or the 7th spot on D.

Since both are smallish PMD types,perhaps Team Canada only wants 1 more of these types and would want shutdown types or bigger guys to block shots for the pk..

Thus it may be that only 1 of Mitchell or Beaudoin can fill the last PMD type player Canada may strategically want ..

Also depend on how well the bother LD (Beaudin) or RD (Mitchell) candidates play in the pre-tournament exhibition games vs. How they play bin them.

Entwhistle also I tough...not fast ...but big and strong and good hockey sense..May be able to make it as a pk guy ...Ling reach..shot blocking...positioning ...

I Think I would be surprised if all 3 ofbourvguys make the team....I would not be surprised if all 3 do not make the team.. Most probable...at least 1 ...maybe 2 of them make it.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
To make things a bit clearer, the Blackhawks currently have 11 prospects that are eligible for the upcoming World Juniors.

8 of them still have a chance to make it. The exceptions being Jake Wise, Josh Ess and Alexis Gravel.

4 of these 11 players are also eligible next year - Boqvist, Nordgren, Wise and Gravel.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ridiculous it's even a thought considering where he was 15 games ago. But if this is how he is going to be deployed, it probably can't hurt.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
giphy.gif

Sure let our best defenseman go on a team in last place.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If anyone argues that Colliton hasn’t screwed up Joker then they’re a dumbass. Him and Keith were playing like a real top pairing when Q was here.

Colliton comes in, immediately tells him that he’s not good enough and benches him. All of the sudden Keith looks like crap, Joker looks completely off, and the Hawks defense becomes a disaster.

Listen, I was all about Q going, Hawks needed a change. But one thing I liked about Q was how he handled Joker. Instead of saying, learn how to play my way or get f****d, he told him to play his game which was clearly working. He did that with Kane too. Can you imagine someone telling Kane to learn to play the defensive side of the puck first?

This is Colliton’s biggest blunder and he better figure it out or he won’t be long for this league.

Reactions: Pez68

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why the f*** not. Good chance he'll be given the C (or at least an A), so you like it in a sense that he's being given an opportunity to lead, even though it's against easier competition.

Plus most of these players probably need a break from this team and what is becoming a losing culture. If you can get one of the kids away for a few games and lift his spirits a bit, go ahead and do it. Not like we're winning jack shit anyway.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If anyone argues that Colliton hasn’t screwed up Joker then they’re a dumbass. Him and Keith were playing like a real top pairing when Q was here.

Colliton comes in, immediately tells him that he’s not good enough and benches him. All of the sudden Keith looks like crap, Joker looks completely off, and the Hawks defense becomes a disaster.

Listen, I was all about Q going, Hawks needed a change. But one thing I liked about Q was how he handled Joker. Instead of saying, learn how to play my way or get f****d, he told him to play his game which was clearly working. He did that with Kane too. Can you imagine someone telling Kane to learn to play the defensive side of the puck first?

This is Colliton’s biggest blunder and he better figure it out or he won’t be long for this league.

He hasn't screwed him up yet. But he's going down a bad path with him, and needs to fix it.

And... well, the rest is so much speculation I'm not even going to bother responding to it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He hasn't screwed him up yet. But he's going down a bad path with him, and needs to fix it.

And... well, the rest is so much speculation I'm not even going to bother responding to it.
Fair enough. I’m just afraid because he really was playing fine. But when someone goes and tells you it’s not fine, it can really screw with your head, especially when you yourself thought it was fine.

Hopefully that’s not the case, but the more I watch, the more I’m believing it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
This might be rather a Typical result for a 19 yr old d-man...play great to start then tail off as the grind playing against men at the top level of the NHL starts eroding the kid's confidence..He Knows his attention to detail and his performance defending has not been as good as at the first half of the games he played so far in the schedule. .So looking to say Collison screwed him up is either not necessarily the cause orvonly partially the cause ...

Strategically JC should have used him as a D-possible it on the lousy PP
..because anybody better than 2 and 7 on the PP ....which has failed Noth under Q and JC with these core "veys" getting featured roles ...

Jokiharju's strength ..why they drafted him..was not as a defensive shutdown guy .but rather for the PMD and PP qb offense ...So in not giving him that role, yes it probably wears on tyenkid's confidence which also then contributes to his more doubting his decision-making defensively ...

There is no doubt he played better the first 15 -20 games than the gamesxaftercthat ...but again it could also be due to the grind and a jid's realization the NHL is a lot tougher league than he faced in juniors.

Now some young kids coming to the league hit their first wall and suddenly their confidence I themselves slacken and they start making more pour decisions or mistakes or just start wearing down in strength battles because they still are not at peak physical level to play 82 games well against men of the highest level as the NHL is ..

There are phenom exceptions of course..but Typically we see a lot of 19 ye old rookies eventually hit that first wall of doubt ..that this is not as easy as it was in juniors...

So again. You can blame JC for some of Jokiharju's being less effective defensively and getting less minutes. ..but you should also consider the "typical" rookie wall /hurdle argument.

He needs to climb that wall of doubt that has crept in
..re-assert himself to his best attributes......do that and he will be fine.

To help him get back some of that confidence again ;I think the Hawks SHIULD send him to the World Juniors to play for Finland ...come back after that and a lot of guys who have been sent by NHL clubs to that tournament have come back with lots more confidence AND it has helped them in their NHL careers. ..

We should send him.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

That's your opinion. I think the opposite and that it was Q overplaying him (out of desperation) that could have caused harm. I do agree however that Joker should see more PP time.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's your opinion. I think the opposite and that it was Q overplaying him (out of desperation) that could have caused harm. I do agree however that Joker should see more PP time.
That would make sense if Joker was struggling playing that much. Is Guy Boucher ruining Tomas Chabot by playing him as his #1? Is Charlie MacAvoy ruined after he played as a top pairing player as a rookie? It's a young man's game now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad