Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Pens: Round Two.... FIGHT!

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
A hard fought game last night. All compete, no signs of rolling over. A game like that is indicative of this team coming together.

Back to backs are always tough, especially if the 2nd game is away, especially against an elite team like the Blackhawks. Lets keep the momentum going here boys.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
It'll be interesting to see if Sullivan makes some changes specific for the Blackhawks after last night. Might be too early to start doing that, since the team is still getting familiar with the new system. Hoping for a monster game from Malkin. Time for him to shine against a top defense.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
To me, today feels like a must-win.

If we can build on yesterday's momentum and win in their building, it would be such a confidence booster and would put us back RIGHT in the tic of things. If we lose, it could be very deflating, especially if we play as well as yesterday.

That could be a statement game, I hope the boys approach it that way.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
An early January game at the defending Cup Champions has never been a must-win, but it'd certainly be nice.

We played well enough to win last night, match that effort and maybe we'll get a bounce this time.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Really hope they can get a win tonight and come to town on a winning streak before the game here on Saturday ( Montreal )

Let's go Pens!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Certainly not a must win, but with crazy amounts of divisional games in the 2nd half, there is very little margin for error at the present time. Need to get back into a wild card spot before every other game is against the Rangers, Isles, Devils.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Man oh man. That game last night was fun, but I felt a little sick to my stomach every time Panarin touched the puck. What a slick player! To think we could have had him lined up with Sid or Geno right now.

Panarin - Crosby - Hornqvist
Perron - Malkin - Kessel
Kunitz - Bonino - Bennett
Cullen - Fehr - Wilson

That top 6 would be lethal.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Would like another point at least. Going b2b versus Chicago with 2/4 would be a success in my eyes. I couldn't care less about Chicagos points.
But I would absolutely LOVE to get the win tonight. The team deserved it yesterday.

Are there any news about starting Goalies for both teams already?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'm calling a Perron goal and Steigy being like "And Kunitz was skating near by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kahfbahkjfhjsadf"

I'm just waiting for them to attribute something to him when he's not on the ice.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Fleury to start, confirmed by the Pens FB page.
96ewig.jpg

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Im not so sure. Fleury admitted to being fatigued at the end of his first start back after the concussion. Is he ready for a back to back?

Questionable even ignoring the concussion... but he's probably still better than Zatkoff...

The question is does it open him up to an increased injury risk. Murray should have played the CEC game and then Fleury played this one, maybe. Could they have done that?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Fleury to start, confirmed by the Pens FB page.

I am amazed, never, ever expected this.

Maybe MS is breaking from the usual hockey traditions a bit. When I heard he didn't like morning skates all that much, I was hopeful. Studies have shown pro-athletes need tons of sleep to perform optimally, some NBA teams have experimented with ensuring sleep is prioritized over semi-meaningless conventions like AM skates/shootarounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad