GDT: Hawks Vs Leafs - 6PM CT on NBCSCHI and NHLN-US -- Oh Captain, My Captain! (not the mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
... Even if Keith is a #2 though he shouldn't be run roughshod...ditto on Seabs. Q unfortunately is doing that.

That's the thing both - 2 & 7's NHLodometers have WAY more miles than whatever the avg # would be.
I've been up for both of them being off the spec teams for at least 2 seasons. I mean look at the PP / PK numbers & tell me I'm wrong. And there WERE guys who coulda slotted in.

Last edited:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
i am surprise no-one posted about sticking a hockey stick up my back side........ oh well, it is a long season ahead. no matter how the Bhawks do, they are still my team.....

I think there's an LDF posts at 2ndCityHockey. Smart insightful comments I think. If you're him (or her) respect.

PS - Tried being part of that blog two separate times over 3 separate seasons. No soap. Very very cliquish. Guess I wasn't cool / knowledgeable enough. (Actually they were right - I'm not. ;-))
No biggy. Don't miss scrolling thru 50 Hi... Hi... Hi... Hi... His the start of every game thread, tho. ;-)

Reactions: LDF

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No one here posts on 2ndcity or HB. It's forbidden. FORBIDDEN.

If a poster wants to stab us all in the back they should just start following the Knights.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think there's an LDF posts at 2ndCityHockey. Smart insightful comments I think. If you're him (or her) respect.

PS - Tried being part of that blog two separate times over 3 separate seasons. No soap. Very very cliquish. Guess I wasn't cool / knowledgeable enough. (Actually they were right - I'm not. ;-))
No biggy. Don't miss scrolling thru 50 Hi... Hi... Hi... Hi... His the start of every game thread, tho. ;-)

dang i am sorry about your experience. i had a terrible misfortune on a site, i was among the fist on that site and i got kicked off, all for being independent thinking and opinions.

that is why i enjoy this site, they the majority of the great fans encourage that thinking.

Reactions: AmericanDream

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No one here posts on 2ndcity or HB. It's forbidden. FORBIDDEN.

If a poster wants to stab us all in the back they should just start following the Knights.

that is one way of thinking.... for me, i say stand in line and take a number, i will always have an opinion on this great hockey org........

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
dang i am sorry about your experience. i had a terrible misfortune on a site, i was among the fist on that site and i got kicked off, all for being independent thinking and opinions.

that is why i enjoy this site, they the majority of the great fans encourage that thinking.

Yeah, I don’t know what people get out of boards like that. I’ve seen it too, it will be so cliquey that you’ll see a thought come up like David Kampf will be at least a 60 point scorer.

And they’ll all be saying it all day every day for months, even years, and anyone who disputes it gets tarred and feathered. You wonder if they really believe it or if they purposely regurgitate it all day as a way to identify and keep “outsiders” away. Either way, it’s a complete waste of time.

Reactions: BobbyJet

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That's the thing both - 2 & 7's NHLodometers have WAY more miles than whatever the avg # would be.
I've been up for both of them being off the spec teams for at least 2 seasons. I mean look at the PP / PK numbers & tell me I'm wrong. And there WERE guys who coulda slotted in.
well it is the start of this season and only 3 games in. i think and i am not proud of this fact, but i have been among the harsher critics of this team, esp on the defensive side.

now with only 3 games in, i will refrain from saying anything negative until the 15 - 20th game. this yr, i will do the same and will change that till the 10th game.

i am excited to see the young rookies playing and well i hope the team does well. i still think the team will miss the playoff.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah, I don’t know what people get out of boards like that. I’ve seen it too, it will be so cliquey that you’ll see a thought come up like David Kampf will be at least a 60 point scorer.

And they’ll all be saying it all day every day for months, even years, and anyone who disputes it gets tarred and feathered. You wonder if they really believe it or if they purposely regurgitate it all day as a way to identify and keep “outsiders” away. Either way, it’s a complete waste of time.
i know, this site just rolls with it and debate the pov's. isn't that what being a faithful fan is all about. talking crap of our team and suggesting that coach is high or something........

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
For those interested, the quote I'm talking about can be found here around the 14:12 mark.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-10...ame-leafs-beat-blackhawks-7-6-in-ot-1.1187910
Just got a chance to listen to this. Babcock knows...and from what I’ve seen over the years, as Toews goes, so goes the Hawks. Last two years are prime examples. He’s been subpar, and inadequate, pathetic even at times. Played “lost”.

Doesn’t diminish Kane, Keith, Hossa, and (now especially) Crawford, et al. Toews has to do the heavy lifting on both sides of the puck for the Hawks to have a chance. Still no other centers on the team who are very helpful...he’s still on an island, and always has been. He would have greatly benefited over the years having another reliable center long term to share the burden with, offensively, defensively, physically, etc...maybe he wouldn’t have looked so affected.

Right now he’s skating better, passing better, puck handling better, controlling complex body movements better, and mentally he doesn’t look like he’s playing in a fog. Big difference from the past two years. Last year particularly I thought he was a chronic/repetitive concussion victim, the way he couldn’t control the puck at all under any situation. Was difficult to watch him. Felt like he needed out of hockey.

A world of difference so far this season. Just hope it lasts for the team’s sake, and for his long term neurologic health.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_pgd58sfGhz1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

The Hawks officially have the most points after 3 games of any team in the Central.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Again, the Press won 2 in Regulation and we in OT. I think Preds should have a point more than us or the tie points should be gone
Preds have done better, but they did get shutout versus Calgary. It's not how you win that matters. And an 82 game season will balance a lot of that out.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Preds have done better, but they did get shutout versus Calgary. It's not how you win that matters. And an 82 game season will balance a lot of that out.
Still think it's stupid that a regulation game has 2 points to give to both teams and in OT there suddenly is a 3rd point available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad