Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Jets March 29 6:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think what we can agree on is that he is really no more than a 6 -7, soft minute guy who can do some PK'ing and shouldn't ever be much more than that on a good team.

If a defenseman can only handle 6-7 minutes he does not belong on an NHL roster. For Pardy his issue is footspeed. I am the #1 guy who says skating and footspeed is overrated, but Pardy is just way too slow, particularly in his quick cuts, for the NHL.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If a defenseman can only handle 6-7 minutes he does not belong on an NHL roster. For Pardy his issue is footspeed. I am the #1 guy who says skating and footspeed is overrated, but Pardy is just way too slow, particularly in his quick cuts, for the NHL.

I think he meant #6 or #7 guy rather than 6-7 minutes. Could be wrong though.

Jets2014

Feb 8, 2014
Perreault gets 6-8 min of playing time and i'm happy. slot him in the 3rd line versus the Rangers or, if Little is STILL not back, on the 1st line.
this mysterious Little injury is nuts. he's been out a month with no projected return date

Little is fine, Maurice made a decision to bring these players back slowly as not to disrupt the winning line up. I would guess little considers himself a healthy scratch. Maurice is considering him for Tuesday at the earliest but on the 4th line, he is not going to disrupt the top 9.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Little is fine, Maurice made a decision to bring these players back slowly as not to disrupt the winning line up. I would guess little considers himself a healthy scratch. Maurice is considering him for Tuesday at the earliest but on the 4th line, he is not going to disrupt the top 9.

I think he might have a different plan for Little than that.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Out of Little, Buff, Perrault, Chariot, Little is the most important to the team.

I am not saying you are wrong that Coach Maurice might be easing players in one at a time, but there is NO chance that he has Slater on the third line if Little is healthy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I think he meant #6 or #7 guy rather than 6-7 minutes. Could be wrong though.

Yessir. A # 6 or #7 guy. I'd rather he doesn't dress at all.

To me, it's pretty cut and dried:

Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot - Byfuglien
Stuart - Trouba

Pardy

Harrison

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yessir. A # 6 or #7 guy. I'd rather he doesn't dress at all.

To me, it's pretty cut and dried:

Enstrom - Myers
Chiarot - Byfuglien
Stuart - Trouba

Pardy

Harrison

My bad. I don't disagree with your assessment at all based on the current roster. If you include injured players I have Postma as a solid 5/6 and Clitsome as a solid 6 as well.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think what we can agree on is that he is really no more than a 6 -7, soft minute guy who can do some PK'ing and shouldn't ever be much more than that on a good team.

Yep, absolutely.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My bad. I don't disagree with your assessment at all based on the current roster. If you include injured players I have Postma as a solid 5/6 and Clitsome as a solid 6 as well.

Ha! I totally forgot about Postma. I sure hope we keep him around and he settles into that 3rd pair RHD when we trade Buff this summer.

Enstrom - Myers
Morrissey - Trouba
Stuart - Postma

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
WIocyoG.png

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Early line is up at bookmaker.eu - and it's almost a pick 'em.

Jets are -105, Blackhawks are -115

(AKA Jets are paying 1.95:1, Hawks are paying 1.87:1)

I have no gut feeling at all for tomorrow. My head says another OT / SO loss but I'm not putting money on it....

m.

(I wanted to try the font thing - fun!)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I think we can take two points tomorrow. Chicago lost to Columbus, and may lose the #3 Division spot if Minnesota continues their hot streak. Perreault will probably be back, and Pavelec is playing awesome. We have had the Blackhawks number, and it is at the MTS Centre.

A Winnipeg win and Calgary loss would really put us in the drivers seat. We have to strike while the iron is hot.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Consensus is we go with Pavelec tomorrow?

Part of me says go with the guy who has played great against this particular team all year :dunno:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Part of me says go with the guy who has played great against this particular team all year :dunno:

Whatever we do, if we lose, it was wrong, Maurice is stupid, and we should trade for Cam Ward.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If their is a word stronger then consensus go with that. IMO there shouldn't even be a debate on who starts. Pavs' game has been exceptional and we need exceptional goaltending.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Beyond a shadow of a doubt it's Pav, and it should be. Maurice was not so subtlety ridiculed by a few media types for starting Hutch in Vancouver over the red hot Pav, despite it being a B2B. Call it the Dubby effect.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Maurice already said that he's starting Pav, so the point is moot... he's cognizant of their respective records against Chicago, but as he says, if you want to go far you have to have to rewrite history.

Edit: several people have beat me to it... It's good to see we're all on the same page!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
You think Little, our #1 C, is a healthy scratch in the midst of a tight playoff race?
Nope, he must be still recovering from a soft tissue UB injury. The ligaments can take a long time to heal, depending on the degree of injury. I was hoping he'd be back by now and he is sorely missed, so there is no way he is being sat if healthy.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
You think Little, our #1 C, is a healthy scratch in the midst of a tight playoff race?
Nope, he must be still recovering from a soft tissue UB injury. The ligaments can take a long time to heal, depending on the degree of injury. I was hoping he'd be back by now and he is sorely missed, so there is no way he is being sat if healthy.

Yeah he is making progress but they are not going to risk anything by bringing him back early as he is not completely healthy yet. After Tuesday against the NYR they don't play again till Saturday. I have a feeling Little won't be back until that Saturday game against the Canucks.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed. No way in the world Little is a healthy scratch. We currently have Slater and O'Dell as # 3 and 4 centers. Maurice would love nothing more then to stabilize his forward group with Little and MP back in the lineup. Little had been battling some injury for a good part of the season and rarely practiced with the team, and finally aggravated it to the point where he needed recovery time.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

That line of thinking also would've kept Pavelec out against Washington. At some point you avoid that kind of thing and go by their recent play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad