Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Jets March 29 6:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
4th line center?

@friesensunmedia: Perreault says he's ready to play, cleared by doctors, believes he will play tomorrow. Probably centre w/Thorburn and Halischuk. #NHLJets

Oh come on...

Slater STILL on the third line?

I mean, Slater hasn't been absolutely terrible, but Perreault on a bad day is probably 100x better than Slater having his best day.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
That Perreault need just made my day! :yo:

Wasn't really around yesterday so I may of missed it, but any chance Copp draws in?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Oh come on...

Slater STILL on the third line?

I mean, Slater hasn't been absolutely terrible, but Perreault on a bad day is probably 100x better than Slater having his best day.

Plus #1PP. It's easing him back

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
4th line center?

@friesensunmedia: Perreault says he's ready to play, cleared by doctors, believes he will play tomorrow. Probably centre w/Thorburn and Halischuk. #NHLJets

I'm sure that's only to ease Perreault back in. But I'm kinda excited to see what that line could do against easy 4th line competition.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
@snseanreynolds: Perreault says he is ready to play tomorrow against the Blackhawks. Says he needs the green light from the coach.
#NHLJets

Perreault in the lineup just increased the pp potential and game victory by a factor of 2. He's going to be hungry and hope he breaks his record of 4 goals tomorrow.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Chairot's skating is a pretty big upgrade over Pardy, I think he's a better passer as well. The rust definitely plays a factor though, he's not quite the no brainer the others are.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
:shakehead

Slater at #3C again.

I'd prefer...

Ladd-Lowry-Frolik
Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Tlusty-Perreault-Stempniak
Thorbs-Slater-Halischuk

That is likely not written in stone and could easily change based on how Perreault looks and how the game is playing out though. I don't see Perreault playing typical 4th line minutes, excluding pp time.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

Slater at #3C again.

I'd prefer...

Ladd-Lowry-Frolik
Thorbs-Slater-Halischuk
I understand the need to ease him in slowly, but I would love to see Perreault and Lowry switched in the above lineup. Ladd needs a more offensively gifted centre and Lowry can be given the tough defensive matchups at home.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not sure he's a huge upgrade on Pardy. Harri is already in the PB.

That's fine.

I think he is.

I think about Pardy in the top 4 as long as Chiarot was and I shudder. That is my metric.

Pardy shows some pretty nice skill but I just don't think his brain is up to the challenge sometimes :laugh:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Lowry-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Report on Jets skate from MTS Centre. Audio from Andrew Copp and Mathieu Perreault.

To read/listen click here.

Coach-Maurice-pre-game-chat-300x169.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: On Andrew Copp. Update on Perreault/Little/Chiarot. On definition of Perreault being “cleared”. How does he bring him back into the lineup? On getting him onto the power play. Guys getting back to where he wants them to be. How difficult is it for a college kid to integrate into a close room? Interesting goalie decision. How did he come to that choice? On the late Montreal changes.

To listen click here.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
That's fine.

I think he is.

I think about Pardy in the top 4 as long as Chiarot was and I shudder. That is my metric.

Pardy shows some pretty nice skill but I just don't think his brain is up to the challenge sometimes :laugh:

I think it's the opposite a lot of the time, he knows what he wants to do, he just can't.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think it's the opposite a lot of the time, he knows what he wants to do, he just can't.

Don't you see when he pulls those ridiculous moves and then just skates into someone or slides the puck into the corner?

It's like having a computer with 12 GB of RAM and an 256Mz processor :laugh:

He has the skill, not the smarts.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wow................

Why is Copp at practice??? :amazed:
Is it even possible he plays this season?

Couple of days ago he was just a NCAA prospect and now he is with the Jets? Crazy

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Perreault gets 6-8 min of playing time and i'm happy. slot him in the 3rd line versus the Rangers or, if Little is STILL not back, on the 1st line.
this mysterious Little injury is nuts. he's been out a month with no projected return date

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Don't you see when he pulls those ridiculous moves and then just skates into someone or slides the puck into the corner?

It's like having a computer with 12 GB of RAM and an 256Mz processor :laugh:

He has the skill, not the smarts.

Yeah I do, I meant more the stuff in his own end. His dangles are impressive, up until he loses the puck like you mention. He just seems unable to consistently be able to pull off the little plays in his own end that higher skill guys do, even though it's right in front of him.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Slater at #3C again.

I'd prefer...

Ladd-Lowry-Frolik
Thorbs-Slater-Halischuk

Maurice pretty much agrees with you saying that eventually MP will be back in the top 9 or top 6. It just won't happen to start the game against Chicago. He did say MP would play on the PP.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Wow................

Why is Copp at practice??? :amazed:
Is it even possible he plays this season?

So he can earn an NHL paycheck. I'm sure it was promised to him. He could play if we clinch a playoff spot early.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah I do, I meant more the stuff in his own end. His dangles are impressive, up until he loses the puck like you mention. He just seems unable to consistently be able to pull off the little plays in his own end that higher skill guys do, even though it's right in front of him.

I think what we can agree on is that he is really no more than a 6 -7, soft minute guy who can do some PK'ing and shouldn't ever be much more than that on a good team.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
That is likely not written in stone and could easily change based on how Perreault looks and how the game is playing out though. I don't see Perreault playing typical 4th line minutes, excluding pp time.

Yeah, I agree with this... although that might make for a better 4th line than we've had in a while! If we end up chasing the game though, I could see Matty and Slater getting swapped.

On Chariot, I think that he's back in with Buff as soon as he's ready. Pardy is not in the conversation as far as the Jets future goes and Chariot is, so getting him experience in these do or die games is important for the team going forward.

I even think that Copp could get some ice if we can make the playoffs with a few games left. For the same reason.

Who am I supposed to be rooting for in the LA - Minnisota game tonight?! I'm so confused. My inclination is LA, but that's just because I hate the Wild way more than LA.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Who am I supposed to be rooting for in the LA - Minnisota game tonight?! I'm so confused. My inclination is LA, but that's just because I hate the Wild way more than LA.

Statistically we are better if LA loses in regulation, but only marginally.

sportsclub says our playoff chances go up 2.1% if the Wild win.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Statistically we are better if LA loses in regulation, but only marginally.

sportsclub says our playoff chances go up 2.1% if the Wild win.

matchups-conf-West.png

Well... go Wild, I guess. They won't drop out anyway. With the Kings, there is still a 10% hope left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad