GDT: Hawks vs Flyers: 1PM CT on NBCSCH, NHLN, SN360 - Saader-man: Far From Home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is a good test for the Hawks. Philly definitely has some talent and a good young goalie. Sucks we're missing 1/3 of our blueline but as has been said on here many times winners win and losers make excuses. Get the win and get back home healthy.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would assume we CDH back for the home opener next week. I also figure Crawford will start that game too with Lehner getting his 1st action in the 3rd game.

Anyway, I’m hyped Hawks hockey is finally back!

Should see De Haan, Lehner and Dach all make their debuts next week. Two pretty tough opponents to open up season at home as well.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Getting all my work done like a mad man this morning so I don’t look like a dick cutting out early :thumbu:
I’m so excited. It’s lovely here in Prague, definitely recommend this for you to visit.

The ice is probably bad and won’t expect a great game, but the atmosphere will be good. A lot of Hawks jerseys on streets.
Have fun! I’m jealous.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
happy for Gilbert, kid deserves a shot here as well..

go get em' Crow, show them this is still your crease,.

Kind of says a lot about Gilbert that Keith went out of his way to praise him after the final preseason game. Can't remember the last time Keith did that...That said he's probably nothing more than a solid 6/7, which is fine because ya need those too.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
can we get cliffs on laz hot takes in this article? he got week one of the packers/bears game right so i'm interested to hear what he has to say about the hawks outlook
1. Kane will come close to Kucherov's total this year
2. Boqvist will become a regular
3. Lehner will start more games than Crawford
4. Top 5 PP
5. 25 goals for Kubalik

Powers has:
1. Gustafsson signs an extension
2. Crawford starts more games than Lehner
3. Saarela and Sikura will become regulars
4. Toews sets career high in points
5. Sellout streak continues

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kind of says a lot about Gilbert that Keith went out of his way to praise him after the final preseason game. Can't remember the last time Keith did that...That said he's probably nothing more than a solid 6/7, which is fine because ya need those too.

Gilbert had some issues in preseason. He will need to be sheltered as much as possible.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
At least he is optimistic.

the last two predictions are quite optimistic..top 12 pp and 20 goals for Kubalik is probably a tad bit more realistic...but what will really drive their performance is the pk and GA...if the defense is swiss cheese again it will be tough to win when games matter

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Gilbert had some issues in preseason. He will need to be sheltered as much as possible.

agree with you here...maybe it says more about the type of player keith feels the team needs than gilbert himself, cause he did struggle a bit in preseason

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kubalik sounds like a good pick for first goal. For someone else, I’ll go Kane, can’t go wrong with Kaner.

If we lose, it was a throw away game halfway around the world. If we win, the parade will follow the usual route. Go Hawks!

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Flyers lost to Lausanne 4-3 in pre-season...Hawks barely beat Berlin though score flattered Berlin as Hawks blew too many scoring g chances...Lausanne of Swiis top league better than a mere DEL team ...so hard to say which team will win...Hawks were quite sloppy and off on their finishing in Berlin ...Flyers gotcdown 4-0 before storming back to get within 1...indicating they took Lausanne to lightly to start the game before waking g up.

This game expect Flyers to take HWks seriously a d bring their fans.. Hawks cannot okay so incrusply as they did against Berlin and expect a win.

This will be a test of which Hawks show up..the want it bad version or the usual some still at tge Coubtry Club 10-15 minutes of 60 only ...

Cannot be any tired excuse...So if Hawks stink then fan fury will be a tidal wave of anger.No excuses . Have got to being g our A game from the getgo and through all 3 periods...Not a 1 period collapse pr pkay only portions of the game hard and go lax tge other times.

D-Cat flat out stunk in pre-season.. now got his extention..expect a lot better effort from him.

Do not want to see the usual no checks king inor zone from Kane..

A d weknow Seabs is always good for at least 1 inco oetent short that costs a goal practically every game ..and if we get w or 3 of these "mo.ents" from him the fame will be lost.

So all hands on board..eight?We expect that..but will we get that?

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Just hoping that the Hawks don't end the first period being down 2-0.
Shaw with first goal.
Gilbert with first roughing/fighting penalty.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

I think there is more there. He will never be an offensive jaggernaut but he makes impact passes, especially when playing on his offside. Just needs to understand how to handle certain situations better and learn to keep his feet moving, but I see top 4 upside.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
lets go. get off to a hot start. a win and toews to get going early on the stat sheet is all i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad