Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Jake McCabe for $4m per for 4 years

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I can't wait to quote this post around February or March 2022.
NHL Network literally just talked about this.

Hamilton getting paid as a #1 despite not being used as a #1.

They even said how shielded he was in Carolina and how Jones had to carry the load. Slavin is a legit #1 dman that made Hamilton better.

Hamilton has lots of skill but he has never had to carry the #1 burden for any length of time...now he will...lets see what he does after getting paid.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hamilton is not a better player than Seth Jones. But I'll forever maintain it would have been the MUCH smarter play to sign Hamilton and keep Boqvist and the two first rounders.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I was looking at performance by partner from Natural Stat Trick. Risto was always his #1 partner and their time together actually had pretty darn good on ice results (sometimes they were PDO'ed, but underlying stats were always pretty darn good). McCabe away from Risto was still pretty good and Risto away from McCabe was beyond atrocious.

Defensive Pairs - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
hasn't the knock on dougie going back to his days in boston been that despite being a pretty big guy he doesn't use it often enough and he's rather soft...this team really didn't need another player like that, especially one that is more offensive minded...seth brings more of a 2 way game that can step up the physicality when needed, all else equal rather have seth

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
hasn't the knock on dougie going back to his days in boston been that despite being a pretty big guy he doesn't use it often enough and he's rather soft...this team really didn't need another player like that, especially one that is more offensive minded...seth brings more of a 2 way game that can step up the physicality when needed, all else equal rather have seth

Hell I'll say it, Hamilton is soft. Not quite Strome charmin levels of soft but a couple notches above that.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hamilton is not a better player than Seth Jones. But I'll forever maintain it would have been the MUCH smarter play to sign Hamilton and keep Boqvist and the two first rounders.

That depends entirely on how Boqvist pans out, how Jones plays during his time here, and what those 1st round picks turn into... This trade can't be fully judged for a few years.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It depends on if Jones bounces back or not. If he continues his play over the last two seasons, Hamilton is better and it's not particularly close either.

The amount of assets given up and the amount of risk on the Jones deal is incredible.
Over the last 5 seasons how many top line matches did Hamilton draw?

Over the last 5 season how many top line matches did Jones draw?

If it takes you more than 5 seconds to realize the answer here, please put down your phone or IPAD and take a nice long walk...

And I can assure you the amount is a massive difference between the two. Massive.

Reactions: Giovi

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Thank you for this. Good to see the room we still have even with CDH and Strome here.

And good lord I want to puke looking at CDH paired with Jones!!

cw6rqlwsbp921.jpg

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
hopefully one of the younger defenseman like Beaudin or Kalynuk really takes off this year and plays with Seth...pair McCabe and Murphy as a shut down pair

Reactions: BK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad