Feb 16, 2018
Oh cool. I wonder if I know her.
tumblr_nm47fgVUAY1sznyklo1_1280.jpg

Gabriella Effrein

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Sabres fan … I’ll just leave these here. I’ll miss McCabe and if he stays healthy you’ve got a good pickup there.

I love how when he lays out Laine he just immediately turns to Scheifele cause he knows he has to pay the piper, but it’s with the body language that says they can all f*** right off.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sabres fan … I’ll just leave these here. I’ll miss McCabe and if he stays healthy you’ve got a good pickup there.

I love how when he lays out Laine he just immediately turns to Scheifele cause he knows he has to pay the piper, but it’s with the body language that says they can all f*** right off.

Oh baby that's fun!

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Two of my favorite hits. That reverse on Hall is just hilarious.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
sure hope his health holds up as he plays the game just how we need him too...

Last edited:

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Thank you for this. Good to see the room we still have even with CDH and Strome here.

And good lord I want to puke looking at CDH paired with Jones!!

Can’t wait for Kaner’s Bald Spot or whatever that goof’s name is to come in and say poor CdH

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Jones & McCabe could be a strong #1 D line-----push Murphy to 2nd line where he belongs---maybe with Jones Part 2 ....shaping up.

Reactions: scorehawks

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Jones & McCabe could be a strong #1 D line-----push Murphy to 2nd line where he belongs---maybe with Jones Part 2 ....shaping up.

My hope is that Kalynuk or Regula takes that #4D spot.

6'4" Jones
6'4" Murphy
6'4" Regula
6'1" McCabe
6'1" Kalynuk
6'1" Stillman
6'1" C. Jones
and the rest

Team should be hard to play against if nothing else.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It depends on if Jones bounces back or not. If he continues his play over the last two seasons, Hamilton is better and it's not particularly close either.

The amount of assets given up and the amount of risk on the Jones deal is incredible.

Exactly.

Nobody, including Jones biggest skeptics like myself, are blind to the tools he has. We all see the skating, the ranginess, the size, etc. Everybody agrees he LOOKS like somebody that should be a dominant number 1 D. And in the early years of his career, he was improving on a year-to-year basis that it seemed inevitable that he would be the next Chris Pronger. But then it didn't happen. He stalled out.

He still has all the same tools. But there is a different between having the tools, having great inputs like speed and size and iq and a great shot and all that, and actually leveraging them to measurable positive impact on the ice. Seth Jones has never had that impact. Paying him like he has is a MASSIVE risk. Sending a nearly top-end offer-sheet worth of assets to acquire him is a MASSIVE risk. Could it pan out? Sure. There is a non-zero chance he rediscovers his game, puts everything together and becomes an absolute monster. A non-zero CHANCE is a hell of a gamble for what the Blackhawks paid. He still has the tools, but it's folly to say 'this defensemen is a great defensemen because it makes sense he should be a great defensemen' instead of 'this defensemen is a great defensemen because he has measurably performed as a great defensemen for years'.

Micah McCurdy sums up both Jones and Hamilton well (just as he did McCabe earlier in this thread):

As a Blackhawks fan, who wants the Blackhawks to be good, I really hope Seth Jones turns into the monster it looked like he would become several years ago.

Reactions: Cowch

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Exactly.

Nobody, including Jones biggest skeptics like myself, are blind to the tools he has. We all see the skating, the ranginess, the size, etc. Everybody agrees he LOOKS like somebody that should be a dominant number 1 D. And in the early years of his career, he was improving on a year-to-year basis that it seemed inevitable that he would be the next Chris Pronger. But then it didn't happen. He stalled out.

He still has all the same tools. But there is a different between having the tools, having great inputs like speed and size and iq and a great shot and all that, and actually leveraging them to measurable positive impact on the ice. Seth Jones has never had that impact. Paying him like he has is a MASSIVE risk. Sending a nearly top-end offer-sheet worth of assets to acquire him is a MASSIVE risk. Could it pan out? Sure. There is a non-zero chance he rediscovers his game, puts everything together and becomes an absolute monster. A non-zero CHANCE is a hell of a gamble for what the Blackhawks paid. He still has the tools, but it's folly to say 'this defensemen is a great defensemen because it makes sense he should be a great defensemen' instead of 'this defensemen is a great defensemen because he has measurably performed as a great defensemen for years'.

Micah McCurdy sums up both Jones and Hamilton well (just as he did McCabe earlier in this thread):

As a Blackhawks fan, who wants the Blackhawks to be good, I really hope Seth Jones turns into the monster it looked like he would become several years ago.

Quite possibly the worst thing I have ever read and that is saying something. Pure pile of trash.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
What do you expect out of a post saying that Jones is a weak defender and there is zero chance he will come back to the level of a top 10 D?

I didnt say there was zero chance he comes back I said there’s a non-zero chance. Its unlikely but not impossible.

And Seth Jones has been a weak defender for years. Thats just a raw measure of on-ice impact. He has the tools to be much better, but he has been weak. Even by his own admission last season (admittedly his worst in a steady decline).

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I didnt say there was zero chance he comes back I said there’s a non-zero chance. Its unlikely but not impossible.

And Seth Jones has been a weak defender for years. Thats just a raw measure of on-ice impact. He has the tools to be much better, but he has been weak. Even by his own admission last season (admittedly his worst in a steady decline).
Brandon Manning was a weak defender. Seth Jones isn't. Manning wasn't paid 9 million, but Jones is a top pairing D even when he is not playing at his best.
Why is it unlikely that Jones gets back to the player he was just 2-3 years ago?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Brandon Manning was a weak defender. Seth Jones isn't. Manning wasn't paid 9 million, but Jones is a top pairing D even when he is not playing at his best.
Why is it unlikely that Jones gets back to the player he was just 2-3 years ago?

The player Jones was 2-3 years ago is still not a player worth 9.5 million + two 1sts, a 2nd and a blue-chip prospect. He’d need to be much better (and consistently so) than that to make up the price.

Seth Jones is a weak defender, or at least has been a weak defender for several years. Brandon Manning is a sub-NHL defender. There’s a difference.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I've heard rumors over the years that Hamilton isn't a favorite among his teammates----that might be why he is on his 4th team at this relatively young age.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Exactly.

35687377.jpg

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Dont know much about this guy, but the words from BUF fans in encouraging. Dont like that we are banking on him being healthy though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->