Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Jake McCabe for $4m per for 4 years

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s clear Jaeger would rather sim a championship on NHL 20 than watch actually hockey with their own eyes.

And that case, Toronto would win every year since their WAR charts are through the roof.

But we live in the real world where the Leafs can’t get out of the first round. But WAR charts.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The player Jones was 2-3 years ago is still not a player worth 9.5 million + two 1sts, a 2nd and a blue-chip prospect. He’d need to be much better (and consistently so) than that to make up the price.

Seth Jones is a weak defender, or at least has been a weak defender for several years. Brandon Manning is a sub-NHL defender. There’s a difference.

Imagine watching Jones and Hamilton play, and coming away with the conclusion that Jones is a weak defender and Hamilton is "one of the strongest defenders in the league". Hamilton was blessed to play with Slavin. Hard to not have good defensive stats when you're partnered with a guy like that, doing most of the defensive work. Also helps to always be out with the best forwards on your team. Legitimately elite forwards, at that.

Let's see what Dougie looks like this year in NJ where he will have to do ALL of it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Imagine watching Jones and Hamilton play, and coming away with the conclusion that Jones is a weak defender and Hamilton is "one of the strongest defenders in the league". Hamilton was blessed to play with Slavin. Hard to not have good defensive stats when you're partnered with a guy like that, doing most of the defensive work. Also helps to always be out with the best forwards on your team. Legitimately elite forwards, at that.

Let's see what Dougie looks like this year in NJ where he will have to do ALL of it.
So many reasons why that was utter garbage- I can't believe Jaegar even posted that and thinks it helps any cause. It doesn't. I agree 100%, if you watch any hockey and come away with the thought, idea, premise that Hamilton is the better defender (especially in his own zone), time to move on to soccer or baseball. It is puke worthy to read.

Slavin is a top 5 LD in the game, that is for real. And like you said, one hell of a system with buy in from forwards. Maybe Hamilton has morphed into a better dman than he was in Cal/Bos/etc...good for him...he is going to need it where he is going as when you look over to your left and Slavin isn't there, and that guy is now looking back at you to make all the big plays...we shall see how it turns out.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

This is going to be really interesting to see both guys on a new team.
I for one can't wait to see what happens with the numbers. :popcorn:

Reactions: Pertti

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So many reasons why that was utter garbage- I can't believe Jaegar even posted that and thinks it helps any cause. It doesn't. I agree 100%, if you watch any hockey and come away with the thought, idea, premise that Hamilton is the better defender (especially in his own zone), time to move on to soccer or baseball. It is puke worthy to read.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. puke worthy!

Reactions: AmericanDream

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
When both are at the top of their game, Seth is the better Dman. Seth has had trouble finding that game for 2+ years though. Let's hope he can regain it here, since we cant do a trade backsie.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Seems a safe assumption on the "7" teams

upload_2021-8-2_15-27-24.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad