Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Jake McCabe for $4m per for 4 years

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I'm fine with this. Hopefully he has fully recovered.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Nice!

But thats a little expensive.... Espeically in light of the other contracts signed.

I hope theyre confident his injury is no issue and his inconsistency goes away.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If that knee is good and his skating is where it once was, this signing will be a very good one.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
You want a top 4 dman? This is the price you pay.

Stan needs to make several trades. There’s a logjam basically everywhere on the roster.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
@BFLO sorry to quote you like this, but we could use the outside perspective.

McCabe looked good in the small sample size of last season before his injury.

Over his career he'd have stretches of really strong play for maybe 1/3rd of the season and then turn back into a pumpkin the rest. We were hoping he finally turned the corner and could maintain his high level of play for a full season. Then he blew out his knee.

Best of luck to him in Chicago. He's a heart and soul kind of player and will be missed.

I hope we are confident the ifs go the positive way, otherwise the 4M is a bit on the high side.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I like the player-----little pricey----maybe a 1MM more than I would expect....if he comes back without losing a step from the surgery, the D just took another step forward.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
How is it negative to acknowledge the significant risk of signing a player, who'll be 28 when the season starts, coming off a major injury/surgery? And it's not like that's McCabe's only issue(s). He missed large chunks of the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons too.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->