Hawks in World Championships

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Oh dude it's such a sloppy game... Penalty every two minutes yawn.

Reichel though, you can just see how lightning fast he makes decisions. Not a lot of moments standing out but he's a dynamic type for sure. Doesn't look in over his head competing against the NHL players on the other side.

I have to stay though Power is the one that really surpised me. First time watching him this tourney. He looks really, really good. Controlling play as an 18 year old. I wasn't as high on him before as the consensus but he's definitely impressing me. There is lots there.
Could you imagine if Reichel turns into a Backstrom. Not holding my breath, but damn.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Could you imagine if Reichel turns into a Backstrom. Not holding my breath, but damn.

He seems like more of a direct north-south attacker type to me, rather than a meticulous playmaker-in the blood Backstrom type.

But that's why I liked the fast decisions. His blazing past guys and making quick little impact plays with vision... That's going to be awesome to see here, and so dynamic.

I'll be watching the rest of his games (especially coz Germany looks good to go deep) to see who he reminds me of stylistically.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
They don't seem to have much offense actually. I'm not sure who else was available but they could use a good bunch more offensive guys.

my guess is a lot of Canadians turned down the offer to play for a variety of reasons

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was under the impression that Reichel is more of a finisher......Imagine if the Hawks found the next Pastrnak?

Except...Hawks have a better player already what Pasta
and that's DeBrincat. DeBrincat > Pastrnak

Reichel can be Reichel, he doesn't need to be anyone else.

The biggest search (still) is to find the next Hossa.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Except...Hawks have a better player already what Pasta
and that's DeBrincat. DeBrincat > Pastrnak

Reichel can be Reichel, he doesn't need to be anyone else.

The biggest search (still) is to find the next Hossa.

Man, I always loved Hossa even well before he suited up for the Hawks. It wasn't until he was a Blackhawk that I was really able to see how great of a 200 foot player he was and how hard he competed at both ends of the ice.

I'll be the first to admit, when they first signed him the first thought that came to mind was "oh great, now the Hawks will never win the cup" simply because he played in the finals 2 years in a row and was on the losing side both times. I thought he was cursed.

I'm so thankful that I was wrong and that he ended up being an essential contributor to the Hawks dominant run on their way to 3 cups. One of my all time favorite Blackhawks.

Good times, good times. :rolleyes:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The Hawks don't need the next Hossa, or Toews, or Kane, or Keith. They don't need to find 1-to-1 replacements for the players they've won with. They just need to find good players.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Maxxim Shalunov is at 65:% on draws so far at the WHC ...on that alone we need to sign him.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Reichel did come back to play initially after the hit but hasn't returned for the second period. Hopefully just precautionary.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He came back after the hit, which was in the first period, then didn't come back the rest of the game. I was watching it, I don't need the replay lol.
How about reading?

Steven Ellis
@StevenEllisTHN
Lukas Reichel did return for the second period, by the way. #IIHFWorlds

I wasn't watching, so just posted what I read on twitter from someone watching the game.

Reactions: d rake

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
How about reading?

Steven Ellis
@StevenEllisTHN
Lukas Reichel did return for the second period, by the way. #IIHFWorlds

I wasn't watching, so just posted what I read on twitter from someone watching the game.

You have to learn to read. He was hit in the first period, he came back initially and then didn't return for the rest of the game. Why is this so hard?

EDIT: He didn't return in the second

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You have to learn to read. He was hit in the first period, he came back initially and then didn't return for the rest of the game. Why is this so hard?

EDIT: He didn't return in the second
Not what other people were saying

Seems he initially came back in the 2nd until going off to get concussion checked.

Reactions: d rake

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
LOL Imagine not reading what I literally just posted to you. READ THE FULL TWEET.

When someone "returns" for a period, what does that imply? It implies they're playing. He never touched the ice again after the 1st intermission. Why are you arguing with someone who watched the game?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
When someone "returns" for a period, what does that imply? It implies they're playing. He never touched the ice again after the 1st intermission. Why are you arguing with someone who watched the game?
Holy Shit bud.

I tweeted something out from someone who was watching saying that he did return (it's in that original tweet). You commented back asking me why I was showing you a replay of the hit???????????

So I responded saying the tweet wasn't just a highlight, it said he returned in the 2nd period, and that I wasn't watching (and I didn't know you were watching).

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Holy Shit bud.

I tweeted something out from someone who was watching saying that he did return (it's in that original tweet). You commented back asking me why I was showing you a replay of the hit???????????

So I responded saying the tweet wasn't just a highlight, it said he returned in the 2nd period, and that I wasn't watching (and I didn't know you were watching).

Why are you still commenting? *You* replied to *me* with a tweet bc I said he didn't return in the second period. The point of your tweet was to prove that he did. That's cool that some guy on twitter said he returned, except he didn't. Maybe he was on the bench to start the period but he never played after the first.

All you have to say is, "my bad. I shouldn't have tried to disprove your post with some random tweet when I wasn't watching and didn't know you were watching."

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why are you still commenting? *You* replied to *me* with a tweet bc I said he didn't return in the second period. The point of your tweet was to prove that he did. That's cool that some guy on twitter said he returned, except he didn't. Maybe he was on the bench to start the period but he never played after the first.

All you have to say is, "my bad. I shouldn't have tried to disprove your post with some random tweet when I wasn't watching and didn't know you were watching."
LOL maybe you need this in crayon instead, but I don't have that option.

I showed you a tweet saying he did return, you replied saying this.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He came back after the hit, which was in the first period, then didn't come back the rest of the game. I was watching it, I don't need the replay lol.
I wasn't showing you the replay. I was saying that this guy said he did return. I didn't know you were watching, so thought the info may be relevant and that maybe he did return.

Now here we are, because you can't follow a conversation. Maybe you should have responded by saying, "I am watching the game, and he isn't playing", but you thought I was showing you a replay because you can't read.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
LOL maybe you need this in crayon instead, but I don't have that option.

I showed you a tweet saying he did return, you replied saying this.

I wasn't showing you the replay. I was saying that this guy said he did return. I didn't know you were watching, so thought the info may be relevant and that maybe he did return.

Now here we are, because you can't follow a conversation.

The only person talking about the replay anymore is you my guy. Why are you so hung up on me saying I don't need the replay? The entire reason you posted that was to, for some reason, disprove me saying he didn't return for the second period.

Just take the L and move on with your life, crayons and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad