Hawks in World Championships

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good for the kids (Hagel and Reichel). Also hoping Z does well so his trade value can improve (don't see him being here next year).

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Gotta be awesome for Hagel, I can't imagine that he has ever represented Canada before

I don't believe he has, agreed that this will be a fab experience for Hagel and IMO I think it will propel him to even greater success next season.

we should also see Kurashev on the Swiss club, they are short on Centres. Suter is not playing for the Swiss club this go around...

I know its not in English this twitter feed was in the Swiss thread on the main board International Tournament section with the poster statingL

no suter, seems understandable or something to that effect

here is what google translate states:
Our national team will not be able to count on the contribution of the Blackhawks forward

And the reason is as classic as it is understandable: he will end his contract next month and will not take the risk of an injury while his goal is to obtain a new agreement with Chicago.

Pius Suter ne rejoindra pas l'équipe de Suisse pour les Mondiaux

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Kevin Lankinen is an obvious one for Team Finland, it would be foolish not to pick him.
- and it would be weird if Lanks says no

agreed KL should likely be selected by the Finns

not sure it would be weird given the pandemic, my guess is a lot of players have turned down invites to play as a result of the pandemic, some folks may just want to say no and not have to deal with pandemic protocols

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Are Shalunov and Zhafyarov playing forcRusdia?

Will Hawks sign Tem asa package as Shalunkv's agents wants?

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
No Hawks on Team USA so y'all can focus on cheering for Canada and the Czech Republic now.

This tournament actually works out because it will give scouts a last look at some of the top prospects.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Just checked the scores, Germany up 8-4 over Italy with about 16 mins to go. Reichel has a goal and an assist.

Russians up 3-2 over Czechs and Kubalik had a nice feed to Vrana for a goal.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think they said Kubalik had 1+1.

I really hope the Hawks give him more icetime. It seems to me that they're trying to suppress his numbers to keep his salary down. I'm of the opinion that if he's used properly he could put up 40+25.
I hadn't thought of JC's mismanagement of Kubalik in those terms. So pathetic, if there's any truth to it.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There's not, and JC has constantly said he wants Kubalik to bring more off the puck. He wants him to take the steps Debrincat took this year
That's rich ... and it doesn't explain Kubalik's limited ice time on the PP or even his utilization out of the top-6.
Playing a potential 40 goal scorer in the bottom-6 on a team that has trouble scoring makes no sense to me.... but that was the case for most of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad