Hawks in World Championships

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That's rich ... and it doesn't explain Kubalik's limited ice time on the PP or even his utilization out of the top-6.
Playing a potential 40 goal scorer in the bottom-6 on a team that has trouble scoring makes no sense to me.... but that was the case for most of this season.
They have far MORE trouble maintaining possession and defense. They were middle of the pack scoring, but they need all their forwards who can to play as well as they can off the puck.

The PP was worse late in the season when he did get PP1 time vs early when you complained about that.. Like somehow a hatred of things that work vs like things that you think should work despite worse results. You want the Hawks to be more physical and play bigger but mad a coach wants that, Want that but mad when power plays work when you put more physical. You somehow hate results drivers like Shaw/Suter/Soderberg types who are good at screening because being that way is critically needed. But Kubalik can only really play in Kane's spot or the bumper but he didn't bring enough physicality to the bumper spot and makes Kane worse taking his spot on the PP onetimers spot.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
They have far MORE trouble maintaining possession and defense. They were middle of the pack scoring, but they need all their forwards who can to play as well as they can off the puck.

The PP was worse late in the season when he did get PP1 time vs early when you complained about that.. Like somehow a hatred of things that work vs like things that you think should work despite worse results. You want the Hawks to be more physical and play bigger but mad a coach wants that, Want that but mad when power plays work when you put more physical. You somehow hate results drivers like Shaw/Suter/Soderberg types who are good at screening because being that way is critically needed. But Kubalik can only really play in Kane's spot or the bumper but he didn't bring enough physicality to the bumper spot and makes Kane worse taking his spot on the PP onetimers spot.

Kane should be on the point with Cat and Kubalik as trigger men and Dach the net-front presence. It's not rocket science. And quit making shit up to try and support your diatribe.

Reactions: ray c

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kane should be on the point with Cat and Kubalik as trigger men and Dach the net-front presence. It's not rocket science. And quit making shit up to try and support your diatribe.

Kane on the point. LMAO.

Thank GOD you're not a coach.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016

Don't think he's the one on a diatribe here.
yhoU6EebtQegxNfx9

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Don't think he's the one on a diatribe here.
yhoU6EebtQegxNfx9
Exactly what do you disagree with then?

And for the record: I have never disapproved of Suter/Shaw/Soder as screen guys on the PP. In fact Soderberg was very good at it. The problem I had was Shaw didn't play that role at all. He played in the deep slot as a triggerman while Kubalik sat on the bench.

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I don't know why y'all are going on about the PP. This is the time to celebrate LATVIA!!!!!

Also, Latvia, asking for a friend ... any of your goalies wanna move to Chicago? Maybe that Elvis fellow?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I have watched both Team Germany games.

I gotta be honest here, i didn't think he was that good, (before, my original opinion of him)
obviously DEL has risen to a complete different level, in a very short time,
and i was wrong about Reichel...damn...this young dude is good!.

Sure, its Italy and Norway but still, so far so awesome. Good job kid!.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Reichel now was 5 points in 4 1/2 periods played for Germany.

Too bad they didn't show a longer clip of the goal. There was a replay from another angle where you can see how Reichel shifts his left leg out a little as the defender tries to swing at the puck with his stick. But with that little shift of his leg Reichel protects puck and then finishes the play with nice elevation.

Really beautiful play and a strong game overall by the kid.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Not to put a damper on things but 2g 3a in 2GP hast to be tendered with tge fact Gernany played not exactly top competition vs.Italy and Norway...

Not lijeceven pkaying tge Bob Hartley Latvians and their collapse and defend the slot/Keep shots to perimeter/and dare you to take it to the net defense with Big heavy 240 lb linebacker types in your path..

The Hartley style Latvians are the antithesis of Stanbo /JC style freedom to waltz in to the middle and clear paths to the nett either nobody covering soave gaps or facing smallish 98 ld weakling pmds and slow bigger dmen who get left in the dust in man to man coverage.

Tge Latinas as a team collapse in tight with their big guys and dare you to get through the thick forrest ....so if Reichel could show me he could navigate that big blockade to scorevon them,thenI might start believing in his impact ability.

But against Italy and Norway ? ALL TGE German team look like superstars agaibst that competition.

So hold off on the enthusiasm.

It is nice to wax poetic on Reichel's production so far..buttake it in perspective...with a grain of salt.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Not to put a damper on things but 2g 3a in 2GP hast to be tendered with tge fact Gernany played not exactly top competition vs.Italy and Norway...

Not lijeceven pkaying tge Bob Hartley Latvians and their collapse and defend the slot/Keep shots to perimeter/and dare you to take it to the net defense with Big heavy 240 lb linebacker types in your path..

The Hartley style Latvians are the antithesis of Stanbo /JC style freedom to waltz in to the middle and clear paths to the nett either nobody covering soave gaps or facing smallish 98 ld weakling pmds and slow bigger dmen who get left in the dust in man to man coverage.

Tge Latinas as a team collapse in tight with their big guys and dare you to get through the thick forrest ....so if Reichel could show me he could navigate that big blockade to scorevon them,thenI might start believing in his impact ability.

But against Italy and Norway ? ALL TGE German team look like superstars agaibst that competition.

So hold off on the enthusiasm.

It is nice to wax poetic on Reichel's production so far..buttake it in perspective...with a grain of salt.

If fans want to be excited about a prospect performing well they can do so. We don’t need your permission.

Thanks though

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
has anybody watched any of the Russia games. Shalunov is playing #1 C but has not put up any numbers? how has he looked in general. Speed wise and skill. we know he has size.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
German defenders laying out tonblovkba ton of shots...in contrast on Germay's 1st goal today,Beaudin does not move to block shot..instead turns away then watches facing his net as shot goes in...just like we see in almost every Hawks game from too many on our team who will not takexa hurt to save a goal.

We will never have good defense with small pmds afraid to man up and block shots head on...if they turn away and face our goal of course shots they are supposed to defend will fly past them into the net...

I do not think this is any learning experience for Beaudin...but it shoukd be a warning to hom and others on the Hawks that if they shy away ,they should not be long for the NHL or any pro league.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Owen Power at 18 pkaying for Canada....lost coverage on thec2ndcGerman goal and did not execute the necessary check...This is a learning experience...in cobtrastvto Beaudin just turning away from the shot he needed to block for fear it might hurt him....that is not a learning experience...rather a simple I will not risk losing my chicklets moment...fear over doing the job asked..

Players need to commit...at high risk of hurt...because ifvtheyvscare to easily,it is over.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Not much ice time for either one in the 2nd. Canada was on the pp a lot. Beaudin may have been on the ice more than both. Pirri getting an abundance of ice time (and shots) since he's on the pp.

Oh dude it's such a sloppy game... Penalty every two minutes yawn.

Reichel though, you can just see how lightning fast he makes decisions. Not a lot of moments standing out but he's a dynamic type for sure. Doesn't look in over his head competing against the NHL players on the other side.

I have to stay though Power is the one that really surpised me. First time watching him this tourney. He looks really, really good. Controlling play as an 18 year old. I wasn't as high on him before as the consensus but he's definitely impressing me. There is lots there.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Does Canada have a coaching issue? Their roster isn't worse than some of the teams playing well. Look at Slovakia beating the Russians today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad