Pre-Game Talk: Hawks & Habs vs SENS (Friday & Saturday night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's been a crappy game....but it's hard to put much stock into preseason.

Definitely agree with the consensus on here about Brown and Harpur...those two have been disappointing so far. Hopefully they step up quickly.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Brown’s game is well ahead of Batherson but only is on the receiving end of constant criticism and the other is regularly praised. I don’t get it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Man I can’t stop watching that Duchene dangle sequence. Such skill. Most skilled center we’ve had since Spezza ainec, and he’s much quicker obvioisly.

I hope this guy and Stone re-sign here long term. If they do, Stone/Duchene/Dzingel/Tkachuk + some combination of Pageau/Chlapik/Formenton/White/Batherson/Tierney/Balcers/etc should be solid at forward

Reactions: Ice-Tray

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Brown’s game is well ahead of Batherson but only is on the receiving end of constant criticism and the other is regularly praised. I don’t get it.

I don't think anyone is expecting Batherson to make the team this year.

Many had Brown penciled in the top 9 for us.

Also, Brown and Chlapik are the one two forwards dressed for both games. I expect that it's to decide who between the two will make the big club. I'd say Clapik is winning.

Reactions: Cosmix and derriko

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Batherson was drafted a year after his eligibility in the 4th round and Brown is an 11OV pick. Gotta compare apples with apples...

Batherson isn’t ready but he’ll likely be getting reps with Brown in the A. Not a bad situation for Belleville. We’ve been saying this for years but the B-sens are looking skilled af right now.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Batherson is definitely headed for Belleville. Kid needs probably two years in the AHL to develop. But he's on a positive trajectory.

Brown has a ton of skill, but it looks like he is stalling. The areas he needs to improve (hustle) aren't showing any difference from 2 years ago. That is starting to become worrisome.

Reactions: derriko

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Wtf happened? I thought this game was a wrap considering the players we iced vs them, please tell me our goalies sucked and we outplayed them? Only saw the first...we were dominating

Reactions: gab6511

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Batherson is definitely headed for Belleville. Kid needs probably two years in the AHL to develop. But he's on a positive trajectory.

Brown has a ton of skill, but it looks like he is stalling. The areas he needs to improve (hustle) aren't showing any difference from 2 years ago. That is starting to become worrisome.

Disagree that he is stalling. His pursuit of the puck and his body positioning in battles have come along way. It may not be there every shift but at the higher levels it is harder to show every shift. He still needs to learn to be a pro, and time in the AHL should be beneficial but for a guy yet to play a season of pro hockey it’s way to early to be worried. Let’s see how he progresses this season.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
6ePdP7G.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad