Pre-Game Talk: Hawks & Habs vs SENS (Friday & Saturday night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
2 of the 4 remaining pre-season games involving Hawks & Habs this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing Gustavsson play in nets

42292921_2116427641740712_1795860039890632704_n.jpg

42282181_2116427821740694_2442073444787945472_n.jpg

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The fact that the obvious scrubs have been separated out into a Belleville group now is helpful. They can fire Seiloff and Paul into the sun for all I care - they aren't making our team, so I have zero interest in seeing them in exhibition play.

I am, though, interested to see Gustavsson play his half game on Friday. I am excited for this kid's future - if he can be our Lundqvist, starting in 2020, that's a massive part of the rebuild in place already...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The fact that the obvious scrubs have been separated out into a Belleville group now is helpful. They can fire Seiloff and Paul into the sun for all I care - they aren't making our team, so I have zero interest in seeing them in exhibition play.

I am, though, interested to see Gustavsson play his half game on Friday. I am excited for this kid's future - if he can be our Lundqvist, starting in 2020, that's a massive part of the rebuild in place already...

I'm not usually one to defend Nick Paul, but I'm not sure why he's behind the likes of Paul Carey and Jack Skille on the depth chart. It's not his fault that he was included as a 'key piece' in the Spezza trade and, as a result, saddled with expectations that he never really had a realistic chance to fulfill.

At this point it seems like there's nothing he can do to change anybody's mind.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I believe that Boucher is missing the opportunity to establish his D pairings and get them used to playing together. It will be tough enough when the real games start. In pre-season games he should have had at least 2 of the pairs together most games and used a 7th D and the 3rd pairing to experiment with a few young guys for the 1st 4 games and then had the nearly finalized pairings play the last 2. When you are overloaded with vets it's ok to bring them along slowly and give some younger or career AHL guys a bit of NHL style playing time but the Sens aren't in that situation at all. We all know that one way deals will win out so why overplay some guys who aren't close and are Belleville bound. I'm sure they know within 7-8 who the best D are to make the team and Boucher should be working those guys the most.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep, this team will need lots of practice time...No point in playing guys that are earmarked for the AHL,we need to build up the team team that will likely start the reg season

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yep, this team will need lots of practice time...No point in playing guys that are earmarked for the AHL,we need to build up the team team that will likely start the reg season

I think the next two games are being used for the Senators coaching staff to have a good idea on who the top prospects in the system are, so they'll have a better understanding of who they may want to call up during the season, if necessary.

The final two preseason games will be almost 100% the opening day roster.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I'm not usually one to defend Nick Paul, but I'm not sure why he's behind the likes of Paul Carey and Jack Skille on the depth chart. It's not his fault that he was included as a 'key piece' in the Spezza trade and, as a result, saddled with expectations that he never really had a realistic chance to fulfill.

At this point it seems like there's nothing he can do to change anybody's mind.

I think even if he doesn’t make it he’ll be the first to replace any of Pajaarvi/Smith/Pyatt on the 4th line due to injuries/trade. Could still see him making it as the 13th forward if McCormick’s groin is still tender to start the year.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Brown and Clapik are the only forwards playing both games. Looks like it comes down to those two to see who takes Pageau's spot in the top 9 behind Duchene and Tierney.

Reactions: Sensinitis

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Should be a fun drive to the rink tonite, we will be right in the eye of the storm it looks like. Good think the Sens comped our Valet parking for the year this year as they were a little desperate for our renewals!!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Lol, if we don't win we suck hardcore, that's like their B and C team. Actually, mostly their C team.

I see two players on our roster who can put the puck in the net and a few playmakers, if the previous 2 showings were an indicator...it could be a tight game, i havent seen much ive liked so far outside of Stone and Duchene

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->