Pre-Game Talk: Hawks & Habs vs SENS (Friday & Saturday night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Nice to see the boys back in action. I enjoyed the first period most obviously, and it was nice to see Duchene, Dzingle and Formenton creating chemistry, and Brown had a good game too. Chabot looks good, and Demelo was better than I expected based on the doom and gloom following the trade. He may actually be an NHL player, ha!

I also found it interesting that BG said that EK representatives obviously talked between November and the trade, and believes that the deal offered was $88 million. Sounds like from his perspective that the relationship between EK and either PD or EM or both was the issue here, and that EK was not actually interested in negotiating a contract. As is often the case both sides tend to try and grab the high ground after a break up, so let EK say his bit to feel better, I would prefer that management stay quiet on the subject and kept their eyes facing forward.

Personally I don't much care anymore, EK is gone and I hope we crush the sharks when we play them in December (not likely). I know there are always fans that that idolize players and such (not begrudging it), but for me, once they wear another jersey I'm ok with them getting crushed into the ice all game. I don't 'want' to see any other team win the cup, ever.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game!

Reactions: krapsik

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We don’t need Brown and Batherson to make the NHL this year. Ideally not Formenton as well but the kid keeps impressing. It will be hard to send him back to junior

Balcers should also start in the AHL and will probably earn a call up when there is an injury. Maybe Tkachuk could start in the AHL and then come up later

Chlapik, White, Wolanin and Paul should make the team right away

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Boedker-Chlapik-Stone
Smith-Tierney-White
Paajarvi-Paul-Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot-Wideman
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-DeMelo
Harpur

Anderson
Condon

If Chlapik breaks out, it would go a long way. White needs to start being a solid 3rd liner. Kinda need Formenton and/or Tkachuk on the left. If one of those make the team, trade Smith for a pick, a team with an injury or two might need his experience

So it gives you :

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk/Formenton-Chlapik-Stone
Boedker-Tierney-White

Thank God for Tkachuk and Forms to offset Hoffman loss. Thank God for Chlapik to offset Brassard loss. Thank God for DeMelo to offset Karlsson loss :sarcasm:

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Wtf happened? I thought this game was a wrap considering the players we iced vs them, please tell me our goalies sucked and we outplayed them? Only saw the first...we were dominating

We sucked in the 2nd and 3rd. They were skating circles around us in the final minutes.

Reactions: pown

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Maybe it’s a superstition but I actually like that my team loses more than wins in the preseason lol

The worst teams in the preseason so far are the Kings, the Caps, the Sens, the Wild and the Ducks. All teams that are supposed to be powerhouses :sarcasm:

Can't believe Versage is making a case for having Harpur over Wolanin in the opening lineup.

Im hesitating between :facepalm: and :laugh:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Harper will be on the team, but if he's in the top 6 over Wolanin it's beyond pathetic.

I don't see who he can realistically pass on the chart to make it onto the roster.

Chabot-Ceci-Wolanin-Jaros-Demelo-Wideman-Boro

They all have the upper hand on Harpur imo. Maybe even Lajoie if he keeps impressing in camp.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
I'll definitely try to go to a few Belleville games this year. The only Sens game I will be attending is the San Jose game.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hope all the Ottawa folks are doing alright. Just checked Hydro Ottawa's outage maps power is not scheduled to be back til tomorrow with 9 am being the earliest. Stay safe

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
As always, for those who missed the game (ranked from best to worst):

FORWARDS

1. Matt Duchene: Electrifying. Simply outstanding. All game long.

2. Alex Formenton: As electrifying as Duchene. Skilled, strong, fast, physical. At this point, there are almost no arguments left as to why he should return to London, though skill/scoring wise, it still might be the best development course for him.

3. Logan Brown: All world game from at both ends of the ice tonight. It’s been a long time coming, but he finally arrived. Several dazzling moments in the offensive zone, great defensive play, but more importantly, flawless compete level. This guy is the single biggest X factor as far as the Sens future goes. As he showed tonight, when he puts his mind to it, he can be absolutely dominant. There will be no contest as to which center wins that 2nd/3rd line spot if he keeps this up.

4. Filip Chlapik: Not as good as last game where he looked like a legitimate top 6 NHL center, but still, very solid outing. The skill and the edge are still there and it’ll be a battle to the bitter end between him, White, Brown and Paul.

5. Jack Skille: Had a solid game last time expect for an egregious mistake that directly led to a goal. Showed why he just might be a great depth option tonight.

6. Mikkel Boedker:
Through two games, I have yet to notice him for good reasons offensively. He made several good defensive plays and back-checked hard, but if offense is what we should expect, then we’re still looking.

7. Ryan Dzingel: Left me on my appetite. Not for lack of scoring chances. Clearly saving himself for the regular season as we all know there's a another gear there that has yet to be reached.

8. Zack Smith: After a GREAT showing last time around, good old average Smitty is back.

9. Chase Balisy: Left me indifferent through 2 periods. Didn’t really look good or bad until the 3rd period where his line managed to actually push the pace, provide energy and make some very smart plays in the offensive zone.

10. Drake Batherson: Dating back to summer camp, he has been severely outplayed by other prominent rookies. I still see him as the most skilled prospect in the Sens system and he’s still my personal favorite, but tonight he was given every possible chance to succeed (5v5, 1PP) and he fell flat on his face. Needs seasoning as a pro.

11. Ben Sexton: A skilled AHL forward that should remain in the AHL. Nothing new here.

12. Parker Kelly: He might have a future as a bottom 6 energy guy, but tonight he simply looked out of place among professional hockey players. Recurrent theme with him, which probably means it’s time to go back to the WHL.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Ah well I’m on team Team. Whatever. Sucker for the underdogs.

Also, lots of clowns are reveling in piling on. Funny how some folks all become joyful and filled with glee anytime they get the chance to crap all over something.

Melnyk sucks. But this is our team. Like it or lump it. If you don’t like it, gtfo and post on another team’s board. I’ll be making good use of the ignore button for a while.

Some of my best Sens memories were when the team was new and it was fun when they were just able to keep it close or squeak out a win. It’s all relative.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
3. Logan Brown: All world game from at both ends of the ice tonight. It’s been a long time coming, but he finally arrived. Several dazzling moments in the offensive zone, great defensive play, but more importantly, flawless compete level. This guy is the single biggest X factor as far as the Sens future goes. As he showed tonight, when he puts his mind to it, he can be absolutely dominant. There will be no contest as to which center wins that 2nd/3rd line spot if he keeps this up.

I mean, he had good shifts here and there but "all world"? Not even close. He's still too passive and rarely uses his size. No way he makes it on the big club this season.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Interesting game. The quality was dropping hard when Dzingle-Duchene-Chabot-Demelo were not on the ice.
Formenton was also impressive as usual.
Batherson was losing the puck left and right. The play was dying when he was touching the puck. Which is ok. He will get better. AHL has expected.
Brown had is chance, i don't feel he was that bad but he certainly should go play in the AHL.
Harpur-Wideman were meh. Especially Harpur.
Don't need to talk about the 3rd pairing.
Chabot was solid. -2 but i don't think the goals were is fault at all. So poised with the puck, fluid skating and is defensive awareness is good. I like that he pinned player on the board.
Duchene est Dzingle could have had 6-7 goals but Chicago's goalie was magic.

The goalie were okay. But the difference is that Chicago's goaltender made the almost impossible save and Ottawa's goalie did not.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ah well I’m on team Team. Whatever. Sucker for the underdogs.

Also, lots of clowns are reveling in piling on. Funny how some folks all become joyful and filled with glee anytime they get the chance to crap all over something.

Melnyk sucks. But this is our team. Like it or lump it. If you don’t like it, gtfo and post on another team’s board. I’ll be making good use of the ignore button for a while.

Some of my best Sens memories were when the team was new and it was fun when they were just able to keep it close or squeak out a win. It’s all relative.

You'll only be arguing with yourself and maybe 5 other guys. Enjoy.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
13-4 so far preseason

At least it doesn't mean anything

No offense, but the upcoming season is meaningless as well. The best play by the Sens it to stock Bellville and use waiver pickups to ride out this season. It would be a damned shame to ruin what prospects we have by demoralizing them. I see that as a real possibility. Chabot for example, that kid is going to be shell shocked by January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad