Pre-Game Talk: Hawks & Habs vs SENS (Friday & Saturday night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Am I the only one who isn't really high on Brown? He's like a slower, lazier, less talented Spezza.

Reactions: Cosmix

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Brown does not look good out there. He needs some time in the AHL.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I’m back. Got a 3 day ban for taking a run at The Count lmao. What a joke.

Anyways. Formenton looks like he’s gonna stick around no?
Sure was worth it
Welcome back

Formenton is NHL caliber already imo

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Brown does not look good out there. He needs some time in the AHL.

He had a good first period and wasnt as bad as some believe in the first game but he is in need of some time in the AHL.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Am I the only one who isn't really high on Brown? He's like a slower, lazier, less talented Spezza.

I mentionned it at the draft I would've rather had Mcloed than Brown nevermind the extra pick we gave up to get him.

I understand why they went for Brown though. Hopefully he takes a step forward this season in the A. I don't see him getting a roster spot over guys like Chlapik and White .

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I mentionned it at the draft I would've rather had Mcloed than Brown nevermind the extra pick we gave up to get him.

I understand why they went for Brown though. Hopefully he takes a step forward this season in the A. I don't see him getting a roster spot over guys like Chlapik and White .
Yep some iron lung motivation ....He just doesnt seem to be engaged ,he has obvious skill...Its the drive he needs to work on...Formenton though,he may just be the surprise we need

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
You will love Formenton if he does stay up(We obviously wish he could come back, but if he makes it then thats awesome for him). He can play any style of game and basically on any line...super well rounded player!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

He has some flashes, Belleville should do him some good though.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Sure was worth it
Welcome back

Formenton is NHL caliber already imo
I don’t think he goes back to the O this year. People talk about “ruining prospects” and shit like that...but if they’re ready, they’re ready

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don’t think he goes back to the O this year. People talk about “ruining prospects” and **** like that...but if they’re ready, they’re ready
Agreed if they are meant to be in the NHL then its meant to be ....

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don’t think he goes back to the O this year. People talk about “ruining prospects” and **** like that...but if they’re ready, they’re ready

Yeah, if Guy Boucher, of all people, thinks the kid is ready, the kid is probably ready... lol

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

I’m a huge fan of his talent level and potential, and think he’s the ideal fit long term for second line centre, but he’s gonna have to step up and put it together. Can’t really solely on talent anymore. With Duchene, Tierney, Chlapik, White and Pageau once he comes back, he doesn’t exactly have his future set in stone. He’s going to have to outperform 3 of them (not named Duchene) to claim a top 9 centre spot in the future. Might need a kick in the pants like Chlapik did, which worked in his case. This is a reach at this point, but I wonder what team with several high end defence prospects, and a lack of organizational centre depth are out there at the moment.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
After this game Iam hopeful we cut another group of players,we need to get our final team together sooner and start to practice and move forward....We really dont have time to wait the full 6 games on some guys,they can go to the AHL and work their way back

Reactions: derriko

sensfreak18

Jul 4, 2013
Yeah this team is definitely not going to be complete trash all season long. I've never even heard of any of these Chicago goal scorers.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Take the best 7 blueliners and the best 13 forwards and get rid of the rest....We dont need to see more of Sexton,Englund etc etc....Put the best team on the ice and start working on getting them ready not to get hammered in the opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad