Post-Game Talk: Hawks defeat Panthers 6-2, Crawford hurt but probably not serious (post #17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We go through this every season. Most of the board is ready to launch BB by playoff time, then he goes nuts in the playoffs and we can't win without him. It's ****ing tired, really embarrassing for a lot of us. Same with Crawford.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Bickell is not was not on pace for anything like 18 goals. He had one hot week, take away that week and he has 1 goal and 1 helper.

Dreadful, frighteningly awful.

5 goals in 22 games = 18.6 goals over 82 games suggests that you are incorrect.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Bowman should give Ottawa a 1st, and maybe a couple of mid-level prospects (if needed) for Anderson if Ottawa agrees to eat half of Andersons cap hit over the next 2 seasons.

Seems like quite the over reaction that we trade for a goaltender without an expiring contract to replace a goaltender who may (at this stage) miss only a few games.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Seems like quite the over reaction that we trade for a goaltender without an expiring contract to replace a goaltender who may (at this stage) miss only a few games.

I don't think so....

I call it security. I don't think Raanta could carry the team for any extended period of time. Anderson has NHL experience and has been one of the best goalies in the NHL over the past few seasons.

In the worst case scenario Anderson/Raanta looks a lot better than Raanta/Simpson.

Hell, Crawford/Anderson looks fantastic - that is a legitimate tandem right there.

Also, if Ottawa ate half his cap hit Anderson would only cost 1.5 mill - which is absolutely nothing for a legitimate backup...

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Don't really want Anderson back here. He already had his "WTF?" good season. His contract is too much for a backup unless OTT eats half of it.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We go through this every season. Most of the board is ready to launch BB by playoff time, then he goes nuts in the playoffs and we can't win without him. It's ****ing tired, really embarrassing for a lot of us. Same with Crawford.

I admire your confidence... especially when it comes to Crawford.

Bickell being hurt now, could be a blessing. All the more energy for when this team will need him.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

You aren't implying Crawford is always good in the playoffs I hope. He was great last year. But was the Hawks worst player the year before (against the Yotes).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not think Bickell was fully recovered from his injury from the playoffs and/or it hampered his training over the short summer...So he did not start the season in his best form...I think he would have progressed to better form as the season progresed if not for this second injury...If the doemtime and re-hab training now gets him back to top form...then you will get a fresh not tired like others from the grind and also benefitting from the re-hab training fitness time Big Man that we will need for the second half amd playoff run.
While we are talking about underachievers in your minds..I still think that despite his 2 A last night our captain Jonny T is STILL in loligag form...way off the hard on the puck...creating take-aways and forcing turnovers and scoring big goals guy we see from him when "he is on HIS game"...rather he is not skating hard..not moving his feet and slow to check...waiving in effort amd becoming a soft finesse only guy who is getting easily pushed off the puck and knocked down or off balance..tired? ill? masking some injury? Something bothering him in his personal life? Do not know...but he just contonues not to impress since his big 4 pointer. .now back about 9 games I think it wa. HE HAS USED UP 10% of the season in crappola form...as we know even top stars het only 20% of the season tp stink...so he is quickly using up his allotted stink cushion...he owes us a lot more to the 20% "great" allottment...the other 60% is half and hslf of average and "good"..a vaunted star must be good to great 50% of the time and at least averahe 30% of the time...but Toews prolonged stink now.has already used up half his stink quotient..just daying he needs to get bacl on proper form...cause we need him to do that.

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Don't really want Anderson back here. He already had his "WTF?" good season. His contract is too much for a backup unless OTT eats half of it.

Anderson also has the worst GAA in the league atm and a sub-.900 save %.

Raanta may be a rookie but Id much rather ride with him as starter over Anderson.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I think my expectations are a little bit more realistic than yours. 15-20 goals (especially with the way the offense has been clicking as of late) was definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Bickell is inconsistent. Good in 2011, Bad in 2012, Good in 2013, Bad this season. Within this season he been even more inconsistent. 4 games in a row with a goal. Outside of those games he has 1 goal, 1 assist and is minus 4.

How does that make your expectations more realistic?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Bickell is inconsistent. Good in 2011, Bad in 2012, Good in 2013, Bad this season. Within this season he been even more inconsistent. 4 games in a row with a goal. Outside of those games he has 1 goal, 1 assist and is minus 4.

Hmm, interesting. If we go by your logic lets look at Pirri, who you rate very high but Q doesn't give a chance.

Oct 17 and 19 games Pirri had 2 goals and 1 asst in those 2 games. From Nov 6 through 17, a 6 game stretch, Pirri nets 4 goals and 2 assts. Those 2 short stretches combined he gets 6 goals and 3 assts in 8 games.

The other 16 games Pirri gets a a grand total of 0 goals and 2 assts. So lets go by your logic and throw out the minor 8 game stretch of Pirri and go with the trend, the 16 game stretch that really matters. 0 goals and 2 assts in 16 games playing primarily on a line with Kane and Saad. With this logic Pirri is pretty much a bum then and belongs on the Charleston Chiefs with the Hansen bros, not with the Hawks.

And yes, Pirri doesn't make the money Bickell makes. But Bickell is also getting paid for already proving himself, pirri has proven nothing. When Pirri gives us 9 playoff goals and helps us win a cup then maybe we can give him some slack too. Until then I will go with your logic and throw out any short stretches of good games any player has and only look at the bad stretches. Keep staring only at the brown in life.......

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

It doesn't matter how you get there, just that you do. We'll see how he does when he comes back and revisit this later. I will readily admit if I was wrong.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hmm, interesting. If we go by your logic lets look at Pirri, who you rate very high but Q doesn't give a chance.

Oct 17 and 19 games Pirri had 2 goals and 1 asst in those 2 games. From Nov 6 through 17, a 6 game stretch, Pirri nets 4 goals and 2 assts. Those 2 short stretches combined he gets 6 goals and 3 assts in 8 games.

The other 16 games Pirri gets a a grand total of 0 goals and 2 assts. So lets go by your logic and throw out the minor 8 game stretch of Pirri and go with the trend, the 16 game stretch that really matters. 0 goals and 2 assts in 16 games playing primarily on a line with Kane and Saad. With this logic Pirri is pretty much a bum then and belongs on the Charleston Chiefs with the Hansen bros, not with the Hawks.

And yes, Pirri doesn't make the money Bickell makes. But Bickell is also getting paid for already proving himself, pirri has proven nothing. When Pirri gives us 9 playoff goals and helps us win a cup then maybe we can give him some slack too. Until then I will go with your logic and throw out any short stretches of good games any player has and only look at the bad stretches. Keep staring only at the brown in life.......

He only does it for players he doesn't care for.

We could do the same thing for Stalberg, take out a certain set of games that he played well in, and suddenly he's only a 20-30pt player.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well Stalberg was a horrid hockey player

A few games in which his teammates carried him didn't change fact he couldn't play D and was absolutely pathetic in playoffs

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Back to the game: Shaw certainly proved his value to this team with his net presence alone. It was missed in his absence, if only for a couple of games.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Back to the game: Shaw certainly proved his value to this team with his net presence alone. It was missed in his absence, if only for a couple of games.

Shaw at 2 mil per year on that extension was a steal. He is much more than stats that kid

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
So him underperforming early on is a good barometer of how he would perform the rest of the season?

But he hasn't really underperformed. This is Bryan Bickell. His 5 goals in 22 games is above his career average, and have come with a shooting % above his average.

0.27 ppg this year compared to career 0.39 ppg is low but when you consider the sample it's pretty meaningless.

My contention is not that Bickell is all of a sudden a bad player. It's that he has always been a mediocre player, a dime-a-dozen bottom-6er, who is getting paid to be more than that.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Comparing a rookie and a $4M man is quite interesting. Especially since the comparison actually favors Pirri. :laugh:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
But he hasn't really underperformed. This is Bryan Bickell. His 5 goals in 22 games is above his career average, and have come with a shooting % above his average.

0.27 ppg this year compared to career 0.39 ppg is low but when you consider the sample it's pretty meaningless.

My contention is not that Bickell is all of a sudden a bad player. It's that he has always been a mediocre player, a dime-a-dozen bottom-6er, who is getting paid to be more than that.

Agreed, he catches lightning in a bottle and got paid handsomely. Let's not think he is comparable to others making $4M.

Nothingman*

Anyone wanting to trade a first+ for Anderson needs a reality check as well as a cap check. Come the hell on!!!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad