Post-Game Talk: Hawks defeat Panthers 6-2, Crawford hurt but probably not serious (post #17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Well, time for the Hawks to really see what they have in Raanta. I hope he is able to hold serve until Crawford gets back (and I hope that is soon). I wonder what they do with the backup spot now...

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
What a way to cap the night by saad. Beautiful goal. Love that kid

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Raanta + ???

Yeah that is scary. Dude who has played 4 NHL games and who knows who else.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Khabby probably isn't close to returning. I don't know how the Hawks will work this one. They have so many depth pieces and are right near the cap. I'll have my eye on this one. Stan knows what to do.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Raanta looks awkward at times but I won't complain about 28 saves on 30 shots. For a euro rookie getting forced into action I am not sure how much better people expect (in here perfection is the only satisfactory level).

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
In the interest of giving Bollig and Zuz even more playing time, Q is going to have one of them dress as goaltender.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Didn't watch the game but according to NHL.com all of the goals came off our PP. 6 PPG for us and 2 SHG for them. Is this correct or is NHL.com just goofing up?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, Raanta looked good to me today. Had an iffy moment or two, but what do you expect from a rookie backup?

Let's just hope that Crawford's out for the short term, though. I'll refrain from panicking until we hear from the team.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
NHL goofed.

Zus scored, yes. Still managed to look pretty dreadful.

Also will be sad if Morin gets pushed out of the lineup when Bickell returns. I like me some Morin and Bickell has been pretty dreadful. Hawks should see if anyone will give them a bag of pucks for his contract at the deadline.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Just hope Crawford isn't out for too long. Raanta looked solid tonight at least.

Also, Kane is now tied for second in points in the league. Not bad.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Didn't watch the game but according to NHL.com all of the goals came off our PP. 6 PPG for us and 2 SHG for them. Is this correct or is NHL.com just goofing up?

NHL.com has had something wrong for last week

All there penalty info and such has been inaccurate

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
NHL goofed.

Zus scored, yes. Still managed to look pretty dreadful.

Also will be sad if Morin gets pushed out of the lineup when Bickell returns. I like me some Morin and Bickell has been pretty dreadful. Hawks should see if anyone will give them a bag of pucks for his contract at the deadline.

Bickell hasn't been THAT bad, as much as I'd love to ditch his contract, and Morin hasn't been good enough to replace him. Smith is filling in nicely, Kruger is playing well, maybe try McNeil or Danault to keep from burning out Zus. Hopefully Crow isn't gone for long.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville on goaltender Corey Crawford's injury: "I don't think it's too serious."

#Blackhawks winger Patrick Sharp said Andrew Shaw volunteered to be emergency goaltender.

Shaw as goalie. :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 22s

Antti Raanta said former teammate Jimmy Hayes apologized after running him over in the third period. #Blackhawks

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I trust in Raanta.

He's had some iffy moments, but on the whole he's looked like he can handle this.

Especially if Crawford isn't out for too long.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I hope this is not them doing damage control and that the injury really is minor. I think Raanta can handle starting duty for a spell, but this team obviously needs Crawford healthy long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad