GDT: Hawks @ Canes 6pm 2/19/24 NBC Chicago sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Akk weekk tgatcebdsxwell...Hawks keep losing pace with SJ ..and Bedardcgetschiscmulti-piints for Calder.. Life is goid even if watching incompetents lije $9.5 and#25 is so vmuch a vomit fest.. and if tge bottom 3 forwardclinesxare absolute Sh*t ...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They're a good defensive team that puts everything on net. They're a possession metric darling every year because of it. I just don't think they'll win much in the post season playing like this when everyone ramps up the intensity.
I think Andersen and whatever form he’s back in will determine if they can make a go at it.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
The Blackhawks are a joke and management is a big part of it. But it is by design.

4th liner - Bedard - Kurashev
4th liner - 3rd liner - 4th liner
4th liner - 4th liner - AHLer
AHLer - AHLer - AHLer

Jones - Vlasic
6th D - 7th D
AHLer - AHLer

Mrazek.
i would say tyler johnson is a legit nhl player

Blows my mind how much an 18 year old matters to this team while having barley any NHL talent to work with.
bedard is the worst thing for this team they have made him the poor little poster boy

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
2 ways to beatvteams:
1.Givevup little...justvoutscorecthem

2.Givevup lots.

Still outscorecyhem.

Hawks can do Neither very well.
.so the losses mount up..

We would not complain if Hawks gave up 7 goals but scored 10 ...(Minn 10 Van 7 =WYF is that?

Neither would we complain if Hawks ONLY scored 3 and the opps only got 1
..but Hawks cannot do either very often.. Defines team Tank.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Yeah, there's been some moments this year where in the last 5-10 minutes I think Richardson pulls the curtain shut and lets the game play out as is without any of the normal interventions you do to try to get the W. I guess the opposite end of that is a blowhard who screams bloody murder at teenagers for every little error.

Was a shame after getting 3 back he didn't try to manage the game differently.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, there's been some moments this year where in the last 5-10 minutes I think Richardson pulls the curtain shut and lets the game play out as is without any of the normal interventions you do to try to get the W. I guess the opposite end of that is a blowhard who screams bloody murder at teenagers for every little error.

Was a shame after getting 3 back he didn't try to manage the game differently.

Your coach not trying to win games is kind of a terrible message to send.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Bedard would be sitting right at a point per game without the offside review shenanigans. He looks fantastic since coming back and if I were him I would debate just wearing the fishbowl for the rest of my career as he is apparently unstoppable with it.

Jumping loosely off topic on the Faber debate- I don't really give a shit who wins the Calder and I think Faber is a great young player but I honestly believe that on most of the teams in the league, given the right luck with health, Bedard would have challenged for 100 points this year. I totally get fans going to bat for their guy but people apparently have no idea how hard it is to score at Bedard's pace- at his age, and with the talent around him- on a team that never has the puck.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Bedard would be sitting right at a point per game without the offside review shenanigans. He looks fantastic since coming back and if I were him I would debate just wearing the fishbowl for the rest of my career as he is apparently unstoppable with it.

Jumping loosely off topic on the Faber debate- I don't really give a shit who wins the Calder and I think Faber is a great young player but I honestly believe that on most of the teams in the league, given the right luck with health, Bedard would have challenged for 100 points this year. I totally get fans going to bat for their guy but people apparently have no idea how hard it is to score at Bedard's pace- at his age, and with the talent around him- on a team that never has the puck.

With just one legitimate top line winger he'd have challenged for 100 points on the Hawks this year.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Kurashev is a solid middle six forward. Foligno is a good third liner. Same with Dickinson. And ...that's about it.
I still think Kurashev is best as a centre. I agree with your assessment of 17, 16 and 72. Keep them and 55 and say goodbye to the rest.

Reactions: Pez68

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kurashev is a solid middle six forward. Foligno is a good third liner. Same with Dickinson. And ...that's about it.

A true cup contending team, Foligno would be on the 4th line in my opinion. But your point stands, those guys are probably the only ones not named Bedard and Vlasic you can win with. Korchinski possibly in the future but not currently.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
My goodness Bedard being everything promised is lovely. Losing sucks atp I'd rather Bedard have 3 point nights over anything lol.

Reactions: Chuck Testa

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
My goodness Bedard being everything promised is lovely. Losing sucks atp I'd rather Bedard have 3 point nights over anything lol.

I'll take multiple point games for Bedard and losses any day of the week with this shit roster. The 2024 draft can't come soon enough.

98 is a stud. As others have mentioned, get this kid a legitimate scoring winger to play with and he's going to light the league on fire.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bedard and Vlasic are about the only two players on this roster that could contribute to winning on a good roster.
Let's not get carried away. It would be a stacked roster where Seth and Foligno couldn't be starters, and probably Kurashev the way he has improved.

The truth is every team has it's grinders. Guys like Dickinson, Blackwell and a few others would fit the bill. But yeah, the Hawks lack of top end talent is rather sad. How the mighty have fallen (as some of us predicted would happen when Stumbling Stan had the reins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad