GDT: Hawks @ Canes 6pm 2/19/24 NBC Chicago sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Bedard just led Crevier with that pass and Crevier didn't know what to do with it. He didn't anticipate that Bedard was going to lead him. Small things like that make you an AHL player.

Reactions: Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Imagining that Bedard pass to Crevier going to a more dynamic defenseman like Levshunov in a few years.

Kurashev's been good tonight. His board play and puck retrieval are a marvel sometimes.
If he gets next season next to Bedard, that kid is gonna make Kurashev a lot of money.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You can see why Carolina's possession numbers are so good. They forecheck down low a ton pinch their D a lot more than other teams. They look really susceptible to odd man rushes and aren't dynamic enough offensively. I don't see them as a real contender.

Reactions: Pez68

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
IMG_0626.jpeg
IMG_0627.jpeg
IMG_0624.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg

Reactions: Wally1112pac

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kurashev is going to put up better numbers than he should riding Bedard's cape. He's not a long term piece in a top six role.

Yea he's that guy when the team is good and there's an injury on Bedard's line, he can step in from the bottom 6 and the line can still stay dangerous. He's not the guy you keep with Bedard long term.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You can see why Carolina's possession numbers are so good. They forecheck down low a ton pinch their D a lot more than other teams. They look really susceptible to odd man rushes and aren't dynamic enough offensively. I don't see them as a real contender.
They're a good defensive team that puts everything on net. They're a possession metric darling every year because of it. I just don't think they'll win much in the post season playing like this when everyone ramps up the intensity.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Their possession numbers have been elite for years now. It's why Jaeger always gets a boner for that team every year. Before them it was the Kings when they were elite.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Kurashev is going to put up better numbers than he should riding Bedard's cape. He's not a long term piece in a top six role.
No but I'll take him in a bottom 6 scoring line all day. He's not as good as he should be what he is working with but I still like him a lot. You can tell he is a coaches son.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No but I'll take him in a bottom 6 scoring line all day. He's not as good as he should be what he is working with but I still like him a lot. You can tell he is a coaches son.
Sure. You just don't pay those guys or give them term. I like Kurashev. Swiss army knife. Pardon the pun.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Sure. You just don't pay those guys or give them term. I like Kurashev. Swiss army knife. Pardon the pun.
No I wouldn't pay him either. Well certainly not for riding shotgun with Bedard. I'd give him a 4x3 or 5x3. Just wouldn't give him anything long term though. Money really doesn't hurt you, term does. If he's looking for 5x6 or more then yeah no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad