Hawks at 2019 World Championships

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
USA has already got a very good roster. I'd like to see Kane winning the tournament.

Don't know much about Canada roster, but Russia is very strong.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
USA has already got a very good roster. I'd like to see Kane winning the tournament.

Don't know much about Canada roster, but Russia is very strong.
Canada has a lot of declines so far, they might be in tough this year to match the US in terms of "star" players on the roster.

for what it is worth, it seems Auston Matthews is potentially going to play for the US, I can't stress how amazing that will be with Eichel and Larkin already at center. Paul Stastny is rumored as well since Slovakia is like a second home for him.

if the US ices the following at center, not sure how they don't win gold:
Eichel
Matthews
Larkin
Stastny

yikes!!

Reactions: ChiGuySez

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Canada has a lot of declines so far, they might be in tough this year to match the US in terms of "star" players on the roster.

for what it is worth, it seems Auston Matthews is potentially going to play for the US, I can't stress how amazing that will be with Eichel and Larkin already at center. Paul Stastny is rumored as well since Slovakia is like a second home for him.

Eichel
Matthews
Larkin
Stastny

yikes!!
Yeah that would be one hell of a collection of centers. However Russia confirmed Malkin/Ovechkin/Kucherov/Vasi on an already pretty deep team. Gonna be bringing a damn talented team themselves.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah that would be one hell of a collection of centers. However Russia confirmed Malkin/Ovechkin/Kucherov/Vasi on an already pretty deep team. Gonna be bringing a damn talented team themselves.
yeah but that defense for Russia is always the question mark. at least the US has an elite #1 guy here is Suter, could use two of McDonagh, Hanifin, Carlson and Schmidt to really separate ourselves..Russia definitely will be a pain in the ass to play, but if the US gets at least half of the remaining rumored names, I think it is their gold to lose.

Reactions: ChiGuySez

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Even with sup par defense, Vasilevskiy is the type of goalie who can/will definitely steal you a few games. They will be a tough out for anyone.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
yeah but that defense for Russia is always the question mark. at least the US has an elite #1 guy here is Suter, could use two of McDonagh, Hanifin, Carlson and Schmidt to really separate ourselves..Russia definitely will be a pain in the ass to play, but if the US gets at least half of the remaining rumored names, I think it is their gold to lose.
Russian defense is laughable. Zaitsev and Orlov are both considered as two best defensemen in the country. I can't take it seriously.

There are solid players on paper, so it would be funny to fail with all of these names. I won't be surprised if it happens. In addition, Ilya Vorobyev is so overrated coach. Just nothing special about him.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006

Eichel
Matthews
Larkin
Stastny

yikes!!
Young legs with high skill. Love it.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Vintage Kubalik goal ...
aR5wjvE

giphy.gif

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Kubalik will be perfect on the right wall on PP2 next year. Even if they only get at most 30 sec each PP, Saad was the only legitimate scoring threat on that unit last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad