Hawks at 2019 World Championships

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Unless it's something he can't make worse by playing... And good luck telling Kane you're shutting him down when he was gunning for career highs this season. lol

Him struggling through that high ankle sprain can't be that long ago that people forgot, can it? The guy loves hockey. It takes surgery to get him off the ice.
we know he loves hockey, but if he is hurt and we let him go out there with absolutely nothing to gain then fire Bowman and JC. It isn't good luck telling Kane he can't play, Kane has no choice in it if management says you will not play or hurt yourself further.

I do agree that if he is hurt and was something minor and can't further hurt it like a really bad contusion/bruise then it would be up to Kane to play which he obviously would. but with the playoffs gone, your best player with nothing left to prove and no scoring race close for him you do not let him play because he says so lol...that would be insane. if the playoffs were still on the line teams look the other way as long as the player can physically go, this is not that situation.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Plenty of injuries minor enough that you aren't going to make them worse by playing through. And there's absolutely no way Bowman and JC tell him he isn't playing, if he is medically cleared to play....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Plenty of injuries minor enough that you aren't going to make them worse by playing through. And there's absolutely no way Bowman and JC tell him he isn't playing, if he is medically cleared to play....
absolutely, but we are all just speculating here. I just disagree that the Hawks would say okay Kane go out there these final 3 games, though you are not 100% and potentially hurt yourself further. maybe he can't further hurt that specific injury, but if he can't skate/dance the way he normally does he can put himself into some bad situations were another injury is very possible. if Kane declines to play for team USA then it likely is some type of injury he has been dealing with or he is just simply burnt out. I do not know the answer to it as the eye test says he looks off/hurt/sick/whatever...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I can certainly see that, but, again, you are opening a huge can of worms telling a player that is medically cleared to play, that wants to play, that he is being scratched... I just don't think that's a road JC or Bowman wants to cross with a cornerstone of the franchise.

That turn at the blue line in OT last night sealed it as an injury in my mind. He was quite literally incapable of executing a hard corner. He went to execute it, and pulled up straight, for some reason. He is way too good of a skater for that to happen. If he's dealing with an injury that is preventing him from utilizing those tight turns, it explains why the rest of his game has been off. His shiftiness and deception on his skates is a huge part of his game, and why he's so hard to defend.

You could be right that he's dealing with a bad contusion. I went down hard on my hip a couple months ago and it threw off my skating for weeks, just because of the pain. Anything I tried to do with weight transferred to my left leg was terrible.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I can certainly see that, but, again, you are opening a huge can of worms telling a player that is medically cleared to play, that wants to play, that he is being scratched... I just don't think that's a road JC or Bowman wants to cross with a cornerstone of the franchise.

That turn at the blue line in OT last night sealed it as an injury in my mind. He was quite literally incapable of executing a hard corner. He went to execute it, and pulled up straight, for some reason. He is way too good of a skater for that to happen. If he's dealing with an injury that is preventing him from utilizing those tight turns, it explains why the rest of his game has been off. His shiftiness and deception on his skates is a huge part of his game, and why he's so hard to defend.

You could be right that he's dealing with a bad contusion. I went down hard on my hip a couple months ago and it threw off my skating for weeks, just because of the pain. Anything I tried to do with weight transferred to my left leg was terrible.
it is not an easy road, but the road doesn't end this year, you have to use common sense and make sure this guy is healthy to go next year. Kane wants to play every game, no damn doubt about it, but we just might differ on how this would get handled if he is legit hurt in some capacity. there is just nothing to gain here for Kane, but if he is going out there injured/bothered by something that shows his true character and that he will not bow out- the locker room better see/understand that and step the f*** up next year and back this guy up all year long.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I wonder if Crawford would benefit from going. With concussion history, it's scary. But, he's missed a lot of hockey. Maybe playing in a tournament would be good for him

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wonder if Crawford would benefit from going. With concussion history, it's scary. But, he's missed a lot of hockey. Maybe playing in a tournament would be good for him
honestly, didn't even dare include him, I personally think he is next to zero in chance to go...but maybe he wants more hockey to play?? who knows, medical team probably would be very edgy if he went lol.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
so far for Team USA -

Quinn Hughes - D
Jack Hughes - C
Chris Kreider - F
James vanRiemsdyk - F
Adam Gaudette - F - haven't seen it yet but beat reporter said he was coming

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
"Were you maybe a little gassed by the end of the year?"

"No, I don't think so. You have your bumps and bruises you deal with throughout the season. Felt pretty good to be honest with you. I don't think it was a case of being tired. I welcome those minutes. I welcome being able to play a lot of minutes and be in the right shape to do so."

"Did you come out of it healthy?"

"Yeah, I feel pretty good. Nothing too major obviously."

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
"Were you maybe a little gassed by the end of the year?"

"No, I don't think so. You have your bumps and bruises you deal with throughout the season. Felt pretty good to be honest with you. I don't think it was a case of being tired. I welcome those minutes. I welcome being able to play a lot of minutes and be in the right shape to do so."

"Did you come out of it healthy?"

"Yeah, I feel pretty good. Nothing too major obviously."
so then he just hit a wall, no injuries like you were saying or no illness like I was saying...unless, he is hiding it of course...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
so then he just hit a wall, no injuries like you were saying or no illness like I was saying...unless, he is hiding it of course...

To me, the "you have your bumps and bruises" and "nothing too major obviously" stuff indicates he was playing through some kind of minor injury. Just my opinion.

But at least we can put the whole "players get gassed" thing to bed.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Why say "nothing too major" when asked if you're healthy, if you aren't banged up in some way? He also immediately follows up him not thinking he was gassed, with mention of the bumps and bruises you deal with throughout the season. I think he was dealing with something minor. It's probably the reason he hasn't committed to the Worlds as well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
To me, the "you have your bumps and bruises" and "nothing too major obviously" stuff indicates he was playing through some kind of minor injury. Just my opinion.

But at least we can put the whole "players get gassed" thing to bed.

yeah, he said throughout a season for bumps and bruises, he didn't say "yeah, got banged up in the final stretch there"...it is all media speak and Kane will not use/make excuses for his play which is why we love him. I am sure he played through injuries, every player does - I said he probably had a deep contusion that was bothering him which could explain that 5-7 game stretch....but I agree, a player like Kane is Pac-Man on ice, can't feed him enough ice time, he wants more of it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Why say "nothing too major" when asked if you're healthy, if you aren't banged up in some way? He also immediately follows up him not thinking he was gassed, with mention of the bumps and bruises you deal with throughout the season. I think he was dealing with something minor. It's probably the reason he hasn't committed to the Worlds as well.
because every player who plays 80 plus games is going to have some bumps and bruises - I didn't see him saying it for the final stretch just yeah shit happens throughout a year but nothing major to keep me out of the lineup...

as for the Worlds, he is the best player this country has, I would imagine he wants to see what type of team is forming prior to making a commitment if he can go..if some of his buddies are coming/top talent makes it more enticing for him to come vs a bunch of kids and 3rd line guys.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Saying nothing TOO major also has me kind of worried he was dealing with something fairly significant. You can read a lot from the inclusion of specific words in his responses.

I mean, if he's not banged up, why not just say "Yeah, I feel pretty good.", and leave it at that? If you're not dealing with anything major, why say "nothing too major"? The way he phrased some of those responses implies some kind of injury, to me.

They also specifically asked him about running out of gas "towards the end of the season". So his replies were addressing his play down the stretch.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saying nothing TOO major also has me kind of worried he was dealing with something fairly significant. You can read a lot from the inclusion of specific words in his responses.

I mean, if he's not banged up, why not just say "Yeah, I feel pretty good.", and leave it at that? If you're not dealing with anything major, why say "nothing too major"? The way he phrased some of those responses implies some kind of injury, to me.

They also specifically asked him about running out of gas "towards the end of the season". So his replies were addressing his play down the stretch.
you are turning into BWC and the no quote thing lol...

we all are pretty much saying the same thing - Kane is an elite talent but a proud talent, he simply isn't going to say/use anything as an excuse. every player that talks about how they are feeling at the end of the year always says yeah, nothing major just your normal bumps and bruises..it literally is what every player goes through..

we can go back and forth on reading between the lines/context/whatever, I said I am sure he was dealing with something, the eye test showed him not himself. I saw some of his interviews and he sounded sick, but who the hell really knows, the only thing he said was nothing serious or major which leaves a lot open for interpretation..

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well, I think the no decision on the World Championships says a lot. He confirmed pretty much immediately last year that he was going to play. I don't see anything but an injury keeping him from going...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad