Hawks at 2019 World Championships

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
got nothing else left, so we can put all our Hawks who decide to suit up for their respective countries..

USA
Kane
Cat
Murphy
Saad

Canada
Keith
Toews
Seabs
Strome

Sweden
Gus
Forsling
Kruger

Czech
Kampf
Kubalik

Russia
Anisimov

Finland
Jokiharju

Germany
Kahun

missing anyone???

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kane better not participate this season. He might've played better tonight, but he still had some uncharacteristic mistakes tonight (2 in one shift in OT). He's obviously playing through something and if he is, then he needs to rehab that shit the second the season ends.

Don't want Toews or Keith to go either. Both are getting older and need to take advantage of any rest they get.

Seabrook is asked specifically not to attend.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kane better not participate this season. He might've played better tonight, but he still had some uncharacteristic mistakes tonight (2 in one shift in OT). He's obviously playing through something and if he is, then he needs to rehab that **** the second the season ends.

Don't want Toews or Keith to go either. Both are getting older and need to take advantage of any rest they get.

Seabrook is asked specifically not to attend.
this tourney doesn't start for a month, Kane has plenty of time to rest.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
this tourney doesn't start for a month, Kane has plenty of time to rest.
I guess it really depends on the severity. I just don't want to see him do it if he isn't at full strength. Whatever is ailing him needs to be completely recovered and no longer a concern if he's gonna play in what is ultimately meaningless games.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
you think Kurashev plays for the Swiss??
I don't know for sure, but I have to imagine he's one of the better options out there even if he is young. He carried the world junior team.

Meier and Niederreiter are in the play offs. The only NHL forwards they can get are Hischier, Fiala, Andrighetto, Bartschi, and Malgin. After that it's just players in Europe and I'm sure Kurashev can beat a lot of them out. Kurashev is at least better than Andrighetto too.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I guess it really depends on the severity. I just don't want to see him do it if he isn't at full strength. Whatever is ailing him needs to be completely recovered and no longer a concern if he's gonna play in what is ultimately meaningless games.
Hawks were mathematically eliminated, if there was any injury he would have been shut down already. I doubt he comes, but plenty of time to rest and heal whatever has been bothering him if he wants to come and play again for his country.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't know for sure, but I have to imagine he's one of the better options out there even if he is young. He carried the world junior team.

Meier and Niederreiter are in the play offs. The only NHL forwards they can get are Hischier, Fiala, Andrighetto, Bartschi, and Malgin. After that it's just players in Europe and I'm sure Kurashev can beat a lot of them out. Kurashev is at least better than Andrighetto too.
shit, love to see him there...him and Kubalik could really stand out even more here adding more to be happy about.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks were mathematically eliminated, if there was any injury he would have been shut down already. I doubt he comes, but plenty of time to rest and heal whatever has been bothering him if he wants to come and play again for his country.
I think Kane likes the sport so much that he'd all but demand that he'd play the last couple games unless whatever it was was bad enough to need surgery.

But there is a difference in ending the season with your own team and in front of all your fans and playing in a different country with guys he hardly knows.

Again though, he might be fully healed when the WC starts. Who knows?

Reactions: AmericanDream

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Ima assume Murphy is a lock. He loves participating in the WC.

I'll go out on a limb and say Cat and Strome decide to join and go against each other for bragging rights.

I personally kind of hope Boqvist pulls a Q. Hughes and joins Sweden but I don't know if that will happen.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Crow

May 19, 2014
Kane is awesome when he is playing the most hockey. He just keeps getting better. In the playoffs, in a tournament. I don’t think his style wears down. If he is healthy I’d love to see him play. Do we know he is badly injured?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kane is awesome when he is playing the most hockey. He just keeps getting better. In the playoffs, in a tournament. I don’t think his style wears down. If he is healthy I’d love to see him play. Do we know he is badly injured?

I doubt he’s playing heavy minutes when they’re mathematically eliminated if he’s seriously hurt. Agree that he has looked off but it could be a nagging injury plus fatigue. He played serious minutes under JC.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think the 'old men"= Keith Kane Toews all decline...

Saad to U.S.A ...could see it

D-Cat ...U.S.A. snubbed him for World Juniors 3 times ...so he probably tells them go to hell!

AA to Russia. ..maybe ..but they probably gave 4 better options at C...

Kubalik and Kampf to Czechs...book it.

Kahun to Germany. ..book it.

Jokiharju to Finns.?...They have pros ahead of him either by seniority or young guys from from other NHL teams already out of playoffs or soon to be eliminated likely...eg. Dahlin... and .. Heiskinen if Dallas goes out before WHC starts...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think the 'old men"= Keith Kane Toews all decline...

Saad to U.S.A ...could see it

D-Cat ...U.S.A. snubbed him for World Juniors 3 times ...so he probably tells them go to hell!

AA to Russia. ..maybe ..but they probably gave 4 better options at C...

Kubalik and Kampf to Czechs...book it.

Kahun to Germany. ..book it.

Jokiharju to Finns.?...They have pros ahead of him either by seniority or young guys from from other NHL teams already out of playoffs or soon to be eliminated likely...eg. Dahlin... and .. Heiskinen if Dallas goes out before WHC starts...

....Debrincat played in the WCs last year.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
sorry i have been kind of out of the loop for a bit...do we know that kane is injured or are people just guessing?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
sorry i have been kind of out of the loop for a bit...do we know that kane is injured or are people just guessing?
speculation.

if he was truly hurt, I believe he would have been shut down as no team mathematically eliminated would ice a player injured if they knew about it, especially your star player, and if he was hurt they would know about it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't want Murphy playing to be honest. Not with his back this season. IMO he should take time to let his body recover and start building on a really good season.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't want Murphy playing to be honest. Not with his back this season. IMO he should take time to let his body recover and start building on a really good season.
Murphy has played I believe the past 5 years for team USA. Coming off his back surgery, I agree, he should rest up and take a break. He obviously has pride in going so it wouldn't shock me if he said he feels fine and wants to play more hockey since he missed a few months to start the year.

Reactions: clydesdale line

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
and per Kane - he had a real good time last year at the WC, said it was an unbelievable experience for him and he still regrets not going the year prior to that when he had a chance. Kane said it is an honor to represent your country and as long as he is asked he would definitely want to go...obviously those are just words from last year as he likely hoped/believed the Hawks would be in the playoffs again, but he said a lot of things in favor of him going here...we will see if he meant what he said or not.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't agree with the Keith/Toews sitting out suggestion. Toews' major rebound this season is mostly a result of NOT being off the ice during the summer. He has hit his groove again this season. If you're not playing through some kind of injury, keep that momentum going and stay at the level you're at. Keith as well.

It's a month after the season ends, so maybe Kane is healed up by then. He still looks like he's dealing with a lower body injury. He looked terrible in OT when he tried to turn tightly at the opposing blue line. Whatever's affecting him, it's affecting his stop/start and tight turning ability.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
speculation.

if he was truly hurt, I believe he would have been shut down as no team mathematically eliminated would ice a player injured if they knew about it, especially your star player, and if he was hurt they would know about it.

Unless it's something he can't make worse by playing... And good luck telling Kane you're shutting him down when he was gunning for career highs this season. lol

Him struggling through that high ankle sprain can't be that long ago that people forgot, can it? The guy loves hockey. It takes surgery to get him off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad