Hawks at 2019 World Championships

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well, I think the no decision on the World Championships says a lot. He confirmed pretty much immediately last year that he was going to play. I don't see anything but an injury keeping him from going...
Kane didn't say he was going until April 9th last year, so took him a bit of time as well..he did not instantly say he was playing when the season ended...same thing seems to be happening here.

and Hawks were well out of a playoff spot helping him decide since end of March not like this year..

Reactions: clydesdale line

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kane didn't say he was going until April 9th last year, so took him a bit of time as well..he did not instantly say he was playing when the season ended...same thing seems to be happening here.

I mean, they asked him on April 7th this year. :laugh:

Their last game in 2018 was April 7th. ;)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I mean, they asked him on April 7th this year. :laugh:
yeah, but Hawks were out of the playoffs last year in March, dude had plenty of time to think it over and still took until the 9th..you said he instantly decided last year, just letting you know he did not and right now is no further off than he was last year on if he comes or doesn't.

and thanks for quoting lol

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the good thing is two of his buddies are already confirmed, JVR and Kreider...so Kane at least already knows he is going to be playing with some talent and friends - I am sure another 8-10 names have confirmed as well but not leaked. also the thought of playing with his future center in Jack Hughes (as T2B has stated above lol) must be enticing as well, plus Cat and Saad potentially as well.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Team USA so far-

Chris Kreider
James vanRiemsdyk
Alex DeBrincat
Frankie Vatrano
Jack Hughes
Adam Gaudette - rumored

Quinn Hughes
Brady Skjei

so far strong at the wing as usual, waiting on some centers and dmen to show up...and of course goalies..

maybe Delia would be added here if Rockford misses

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Because they don't need too as Strome/Cat are familiar with each other and so are Toews/Kane. Gives the Hawks better balance. While USA doesn't have the same luxury.

Does familiar with each other = being the best available linemates?

Not trying to start an argument, but DeBrincat and Kane play well together when Strome is not between them.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They didn't at the end of the season honestly.

Ya, but that's when Kane didn't look good next to anybody for about two weeks.

That's the only stretch I can think of where they haven't looked good together, and I think it looks like the outlier and not the norm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->