Post-Game Talk: Hawks absolutely destroy the Flyers, 7-2

Pailhead

Oct 30, 2011
Plymouth, MI
If the Hawks could trade Bickell they should do it as soon as they possibly can. He is superfluous. The fact is it is very rare that free agents get traded because if a team wanted them, they would have signed the player themselves instead of taking on the contract in addition to trading something for the player.

Not that I want to see Bickell traded, but lots of teams wanted him and would have given him more then 4 million per season. Those teams never got the opportunity because the Hawks signed him before he made it to free agency.

No23

May 16, 2013
Raanta is pretty good and I was a bit surprised by the level of distrust in him while he was performing pretty well.

Look at it this way...how often do people around here without actually watching all the games post about some other team players using basically stats only? I can say I've seen it pretty often.

So the usual post for some other team's back up goalie having 5-0-1 record, 2.12 GAA & and .926 SV% would be in a very positive manner. And now the Blackhawks have such a goalie on their team.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Is Raanta's glove great or what?! Great game all around.

Though I'd still like to see another backup when Crawford gets back. Not because I don't like Raanta I just want to get him as much play as possible this year and next, because he is so young. Last thing he needs is 20-25 games per year backing up Crawford.

Nothingman*

Is Raanta's glove great or what?! Great game all around.

Though I'd still like to see another backup when Crawford gets back. Not because I don't like Raanta I just want to get him as much play as possible this year and next, because he is so young. Last thing he needs is 20-25 games per year backing up Crawford.

Hw was the number one in Finland last year. I have no worries about him playing 20-25 games. And that is good for Craw as well. He needs the rest.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

My opinion is the exact opposite of this and when I say that, I mean every last word. Why the **** would you send Raanta down to play for Rockford? The Hawks are trying to win a ****ing Cup and already ran Crawford into the ground once this year because they didn't trust the guy behind him. He's 24 years old, time for him to be playing in the NHL.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Awesome offensive display by the Hawks. Pucks were going in. 2 breakways were very bad. Raanta stepped up and stopped both. Excellent glove. Still needs to secure the 5 hole.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Shaw is better than Simmonds IMO

It's getting closer, but I'd still give Simmonds a slight edge. Shaw's ability to play all three forward positions coupled with his ST play is starting to really tilt things in his favor though. I'll probably give him the nod by the end of the season if they both continue on their current trajectories.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's getting closer, but I'd still give Simmonds a slight edge. Shaw's ability to play all three forward positions coupled with his ST play is starting to really tilt things in his favor though. I'll probably give him the nod by the end of the season if they both continue on their current trajectories.

For me, they are about equal offensively. Shaw is better defensively, and like you said, can play all 3 forward positions no problem.

Simmonds is too slow, and takes too many stupid penalties, that's why I give the edge to Shaw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad