Post-Game Talk: Hawks absolutely destroy the Flyers, 7-2

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
If the Hawks could trade Bickell they should do it as soon as they possibly can. He is superfluous. The fact is it is very rare that free agents get traded because if a team wanted them, they would have signed the player themselves instead of taking on the contract in addition to trading something for the player.

No reason to trade him right now.... Maybe at the trade deadline or draft.

The Hawks can't get a another NHL ready player for Bickell that can match his production at this point in the season (or even at all)....

I'd love to see Byfuglien back with the Hawks, and ironically the more cap the better going back to Winnipeg..

Bickell, Rozy, 2nd and a prospect for Buff.....

This new cap opens up all sorts of crazy and creative ideas for trades that weren't possible before.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Naa Crawford's contract will end up being the worst and will hurt the Hawks long term, might lose some decent players down the line because of it. This team does not need to pay a goalie more than 3 Million dollars. Raanta is ten times better than Crawford will ever be. Much better (night and day) glove hand, better composure, not bad five hole as once thought, better helmet/head saves. Only thing Crawford has got on him is playing the puck. I also enjoy Raanta's interviews so much better as he is just smiling and being so humble which is exactly the opposite of Crawford's arrogance.

What are you even talking about?

#Blackhawks Jonathan Toews on not taking faceoffs because of injured finger: "Just being precautious. That wasn’t a word, was it?"

Okay I laughed way too hard at that.

SLarmer28*

Raanta reminds me of a young Dominik Hasek with the Chicago Blackhawks:

• Very athletic
  • Always losing his goal stick
  • Sprawling to make the save on the rebound

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
With Raanta playing like that, the Hawks have no hope of holding onto him once he becomes FA. No matter how many prospective Cups loom ahead, he will not simply settle for being Crawford's backup.

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
Raanta is looking like a very solid backup. I wouldn't be comfortable if he was starting for game 1 of the playoffs but he has looked like he can hold down the fort until Crawford comes back.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
With Raanta playing like that, the Hawks have no hope of holding onto him once he becomes FA. No matter how many prospective Cups loom ahead, he will not simply settle for being Crawford's backup.

:huh:

I mean, the guy played a nice game, but people are going a little nuts.

And for NFS:
aD0D9NB_460sa.gif

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

He won't be a UFA for three seasons.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
:huh:

I mean, the guy played a nice game, but people are going a little nuts.
I can understand such a comment from NHL-centric viewpoint, but it's not like Raanta started tonight. He was already a beast in Europe, and is simply carrying on from where he left off.

He won't be a UFA for three seasons.
Eventually, he'll leave.

Besides, if somebody makes him a solid qualifying offer, will the Hawks respond with all the mils they've got tied down on Crawford?

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
If Raanta doesn't become the next Roy/Brodeur hybrid I will be stunned!. but seriously, you guys are going insane! Raanta is a fine back-up. But he is definitely sloppy at times. Not a knock on him, as hes young and adjusting to the rink. Crawford is a lot better in almost every way (maybe not glove hands, but not really). The kid is succeeding and its nice to have a kid like this in the system. BUT lets calm down!

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
I am just thankful that the Hartnell shove did not end badly for Toews. Antii "2 goals" Raanta is another huge positive.

Have we decided that we hate or love Raanta? I thought everyone in here was crucifying him last week?

That "Hawks have nothing in Raanta" thread was an embarrasment.

Last edited:

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Swagger!...it's back on the Hawks. As good as we were last year, the team is playing with way more attitude and enthusiasm out there. Kane, Sharp, Saad, Shaw and Keith are all just exuding confidence that we haven't seen on this team since 09, 10 seasons. Adding Versteeg has also helped the room and brought back more of the dirty flow that we had before.

CertainAffinity*

Also.....

Khabi has played in FOUR freakin' games. Jesus. Apparently that's enough to completely pass judgment on a player. :shakehead

Yes. In this case, it absolutely is enough. Terrible by every criteria you could think of evaluate a goaltender.

I can't imagine anybody trying to seriously make the case that he belongs in net for this team... unless you're a close relative, or his ex-KGB friends have taken your family.

Also, what's with your hate-on for Bickell? It's 4 million a year for a guy that can move seamlessly from a third-line grinder to a top-line heavy to create space for Kane and Toews come playoff time. 4 million for a player with that versatility is a steal, especially considering the cap is going up. I mean come on, it's not like the guy is invisible, Stalberg-style.

Whatever, sort of a moot point, Stan isn't trading the guy any time soon. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Swagger!...it's back on the Hawks. As good as we were last year, the team is playing with way more attitude and enthusiasm out there. Kane, Sharp, Saad, Shaw and Keith are all just exuding confidence that we haven't seen on this team since 09, 10 seasons. Adding Versteeg has also helped the room and brought back more of the dirty flow that we had before.

Very good.

A dominating performance up and down the lineup, yes Krguer and Zus too:laugh:

Very impressive game.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's hilarious the highs and lows on this board. Every time the Hawks win, we are sweeping our way to the cup, the backup goalie is winning the Vezina, and Toews and Kane are going over 100 pts for the rest of their careers...

When they lose, the sky is falling. Some of you are hilarious...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Is it safe to say he has adjusted to "North American Ice" yet or are we still waiting for that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad