Post-Game Talk: Hawks absolutely destroy the Flyers, 7-2

KingKopitar11*

So are you guys buying your tickets yet for the wcf between Kings and Hawks. It's pretty obvious it's gonna happen by now. :)

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
A little too light at times, he falls and gets knocked down a lot. Hawks would pretty much be winning with anyone the past two games but he's done well.

Agreed.

Seems like he can handle the first shot but then gets quickly knocked down and needs to scramble to recover. I was saying in the GDT how he seems like he's having trouble with second and third chances in the NHL. I'm no expert on the Finnish league, but I could imagine that on their slightly wider hockey rinks, those kinds of things are less of an issue.

But it's only a matter of time before those kinds of things start to bite him in the NHL. I'll be interested to see if/how he adjusts.

Nothingman*

So are you guys buying your tickets yet for the wcf between Kings and Hawks. It's pretty obvious it's gonna happen by now. :)

That.....would.......be.......AWESOME! Kings have been playing very well lately. Watched the game with the Leafs between periods and it was really entertaining.

KingKopitar11*

That.....would.......be.......AWESOME! Kings have been playing very well lately. Watched the game with the Leafs between periods and it was really entertaining.

It's weird when they play, they play a different style against each other, both teams. It's like a hybrid of both systems. Haha.

As another poster said it's early, butttttt iit's gonna happen.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Agreed.

Seems like he can handle the first shot but then gets quickly knocked down and needs to scramble to recover. I was saying in the GDT how he seems like he's having trouble with second and third chances in the NHL. I'm no expert on the Finnish league, but I could imagine that on their slightly wider hockey rinks, those kinds of things are less of an issue.

But it's only a matter of time before those kinds of things start to bite him in the NHL. I'll be interested to see if/how he adjusts.

I disagree about the outcome, he plays with a good enough system and team defense in front of him that he can get away with over committing to the first shot. Much like Thomas did back in Boston.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
I'm no expert on the Finnish league, but I could imagine that on their slightly wider hockey rinks, those kinds of things are less of an issue.

Thats true. We have wider rinks here and second and more importantly third rebounds aint that big issue in SEL. He still seems a bit out of touch there over the seas. When he played in SEL he didnt over react like he does now imo. Then again A. Niemi had to took few games to adjust too. Give him 10+ games and he will figure it out :nod: This kid is gonna be next big finnish goalie :nod:

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Goals for everyone. Literally. Everyone. Just go ahead and score. It's like a party out there on the ice. Best offense in the league bar none. ****ing awesome.

Also, I guess I was wrong about Toews being injured.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 16m
Toews' left pinky and ring finger are taped/splinted together. Not a long-term thing, but said he's "taking precaution" by limiting draws.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Funny how some nights you get 7 goals on just 23 shots and other nights you fire 50 shots and get only a goal or two.. Anyway our blitzkrieg was very efficient tonight. But as to the #1 issue...Toews' slump and lousy play..well he got a goal..but not off his stick but at least he went to the net for the body deflection in..other good frpm him...he had 3 shots which is better than none and one that he was efforting recently..so an improvement even though no shot goals..Also good...I thoght he gave us 3 good shifts...but out of 20...that still is hardly impressing the coach...or the fans...still not creating much out there..still not giving enough for long enough in games..evidence he still is way off his game: 2 give-aways and ZERO take-aways...and oh yes...only 44% in the dot tonight for hom...so even though he got a goal....not really worth his paycheck...AGAIN...a bit lrss slack-off..but not by muvh..still must elevate way more to get back to "normal".

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
Watched only 3rd period and Raanta had two huge saves when flyers were shorthanded, looked very good.
Like the whole team did, Chicago don't have a much to worry at the moment.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Goals for everyone. Literally. Everyone. Just go ahead and score. It's like a party out there on the ice. Best offense in the league bar none. ****ing awesome.

Also, I guess I was wrong about Toews being injured.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 16m
Toews' left pinky and ring finger are taped/splinted together. Not a long-term thing, but said he's "taking precaution" by limiting draws.

Noticed Sharp on faceoffs in the 3rd period and wondered if something was up.

Get better soon, Cap'n!

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
His breakaway stops were something Craw has not done this year.

I don't know about that, but those definitely made me feel better about future possible shootouts if the Hawks for some inexplicable reason decide to stop scoring 6 goals every game.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
They won with my ****ty Finn topic yesterday. I hate to say it, but this team might actually be halfway decent.

No that's not it. It's the GDTs.

We talked about upping the effort in the Blackhawks forum GDTs and look what happens.

eta: Your Finn topic may have been a modified Pre-Game Talk thread but it was creative enough to not be totally lazy so it worked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad