Online Series: Hawkeye - Fall 2021 on Disney+

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Speaking of the end credit scene, even the director did not know it was going to be there.

“I was not aware,” Thomas told Collider when asked about the scene. “It wasn’t planned that that was going to be the way that the show was going to close. I was actually a little in the dark too. I was curious, like, ‘Is this slot going to be reserved for teeing something else up, in the tradition that Marvel’s known for?’ I was waiting for what that was going to be. Yeah, they made the decision to put the musical at the end there, which honestly, I was slightly conflicted about because like a fan, I’m like, ‘The people, they want to see something, they want to know what’s coming next. Is this going to disappoint?’”

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
This entire series sucked and than on top of that you have a potential off screen death to a huge character like wtf. Even if said character isn't dead what point does having that scene do for your fanbase or for the show itself to propel the characters forward?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This entire series sucked and than on top of that you have a potential off screen death to a huge character like wtf. Even if said character isn't dead what point does having that scene do for your fanbase or for the show itself to propel the characters forward?
Wow you are in the tiny minority. And as mentioned a number of times, the story follows a couple of series in the comics including one where Echo shoots the Kingpin.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Wow you are in the tiny minority. And as mentioned a number of times, the story follows a couple of series in the comics including one where Echo shoots the Kingpin.
I don't think I am. You have Hawkeye who during the very first scene of the series is going 1 vs 20 aliens and having no problem to him having issues beating grunts or having trouble with Echo 1 on 1. If they were going to make this series about his past as Ronin how about you show more scenes of him as Ronin or you know just make it into a christmas show.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Meh. B-. Overstuffed. Too many characters and storylines all detracting from each other so nothing really truly hits. Would have preferred more time with fewer characters and less mystery that wasn't really mystery at all. We knew Eleanor was bad. We knew Echo is good. We knew Yelena wasn't killing Clint. We knew the Kingpin would appear. I certainly don't give a damn about the watch and the retconning of Mrs. Hawkeye as Mockingbird.

I enjoyed a lot of the character interaction but the story itself was too focused on doing more rather than being good.

Feels more like a missed opportunity than a success for me.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't think I am. You have Hawkeye who during the very first scene of the series is going 1 vs 20 aliens and having no problem to him having issues beating grunts or having trouble with Echo 1 on 1. If they were going to make this series about his past as Ronin how about you show more scenes of him as Ronin or you know just make it into a christmas show.
Not sure where he was him vs 20 aliens, he was picking off aliens from the top of a building but ok. And that was him 15+ years before. He is older, slowed down by injury, he is losing his hearing and is still trying to get over the loss of his best friend. Yet he still took out all the tracksuit guys in the car lot and then with Kate at the Rockefeller center they take out hat 40-50 tracksuits?

As for Echo, maybe they didn't show it really in the series, though they did show her training she is a trained assassin thanks to the Kingpin.

The series was not about his past as Ronin but about his future and getting a new partner and rediscovering life really.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Superhero stuff might not be for you.

Reactions: Jussi and HanSolo

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
You are definitely in the minority

Reactions: Jussi

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So why is it a 7.9 on IMDB rather than a 8.5 plus you're trying t make it out to be. It was a bore filled with ways to nerf a characters abilities just to make the story compelling rehash.
I guess you don't get what being the the minority means. Even if you use your 7.9/10 that means far more people liked it than didn't

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I guess you don't get what being the the minority means. Even if you use your 7.9/10 that means far more people liked it than didn't
I didn't say everyone disliked it as much as I did. Actually I never brought the minority argument to this thread but 7.9 is an average score for a tv series it definitely doesn't equate to the praise said poster who initially quoted me would have one believe. On top of that said poster said I was in the tiny minority (what does that even mean) but clearly there are more than a tiny minority of people who thought it was average at best. He pulled up rotten tomato scores giving the show what a 9.2 average from like 3000 votes so I provided a much larger pool of people 69000+ to be exact. If 49 percent of people polled hated this show someone could still pull out the minority argument and it'd hold very little weight.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well let me see I said you are in a small minority that didn't like it and you replied below, saying you don't think you are .... in the minority.

In geenral Rotten Tomatoes is seen as a better place for reviews. It got a 92% from 88 critics and 90% from just under 4000 user reviews.

Now for IMDB, if you look a little deeper in to the ratings you see it was brought own by 2% of the scores being 1/10 and if you read some of them you see they are from people who likely never watched it because they hate comic books related movies or shows or are DC over Marvel. There is literally a 0/10 that says "Arrow is still superior" and nothing else. There are a couple of other 0 to 3 scores that made me wonder if they watched it as one wrote something about it being a kids show because he/she has never seen Hailey Steinfeld in anything but kids stuff....guess they didn't performance in True Grit, not exactly a kids movie.

Anyways, in the end not everyone likes the same stuff. I loved the show and many did, others were so-so on it and others legitimately hated it. There are a lot more people in tie first group that the others.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Who freaking cares, really? Geeks are so sensitive, you can't have an opinion in any Star Wars thread or other geek show without them needing to tell you you're wrong, or in the minority, or you just don't respect the material, or whatever, and never realizing nobody cares 'cause it's all kiddish entertainment anyway.

I liked Hawkeye, I had fun watching it, but it's not close to being interesting on any significant level, so a guy coming in here saying it sucks is probably a lot closer to the truth than I am.

Reactions: Tawnos

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just finished watching this show. Very good. Would give it a solid 8 out of 10. First of the marvel shows I watched, and looking forward to watching the others.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Who freaking cares, really? Geeks are so sensitive, you can't have an opinion in any Star Wars thread or other geek show without them needing to tell you you're wrong, or in the minority, or you just don't respect the material, or whatever, and never realizing nobody cares 'cause it's all kiddish entertainment anyway.

I liked Hawkeye, I had fun watching it, but it's not close to being interesting on any significant level, so a guy coming in here saying it sucks is probably a lot closer to the truth than I am.

Pretty similar to my take, which is that it was pointless, but worth the watch for the chemistry of the two lead actors.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don’t see how the show was “pointless” like some are saying. Marvel has said from the beginning that all of these shows are going to contribute to the overall storyline and future movies. They introduced new characters to the MCU and introduced another potential young Avenger. I’m sure we will be seeing more of Kate Bishop down the line in other projects.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm only really disappointed in the post-credit scene. The musical on itself is fine in a cringey way but I wanted a teaser. Both this and NWH don't deliver on that front and it has been a quality addition for years to go another way on.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad