Online Series: Hawkeye - Fall 2021 on Disney+

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Great final episode.

Loved the banter between Kate and Yelena while they were fighting.

MCU Mockingbird is not AoS Mockingbird which is disappointing cause I liked Palicki in that role.

I need one of those Kingpin Hawaii shirts!

I Can Do This All Day is stuck in my head!

Hawkeye and Spider-Man No Way Home were very enjoyable to watch because Disney/Marvel have decided to stop lecturing me and start entertaining me!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Great last episode but it does leave a ton open to be followed up in a second season and/or in other shows and movies like Echo etc. I am glad they ended this part of their relationship the way the comics did, Echo and Kingpin.

kingpin-shoot-1640186565.jpeg

I see a young Avengers movie for sure with Kate and Yelena as the starting point. Scott's daughter can be added also if she becomes what she is in the comics.

Laura Barton as the original now retired Agent 19...unless she is still active and we just don't know that yet. And Bobbi Morse is likely a code name.

D'Onofrio bring almost the same but slightly different vibe to this version of Kingpin. He shows his full on strength even more than the netflix series.

The owl in the Christmas tree is a nod to the owl in the real tree in 2020?

Reactions: BertCorbeau

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Is it summer? Any ideas what comes next?
Right now the only shows with confirmed, well sort of, dates are Ms Marvel for Summer 2022 and She-Hulk which is still just listed as 2022. None of the other shows have anything close to a date announced yet.

So...
Moonknight
Secret Invasion
Ironheart
Armor Wars
Loki season 2 (very late 2022 or early 2023?)
Echo
Agatha: House of Darkness
I am Groot (animated)
What if...? season 2
Marvel Zombies (animated)
Okoye series
Ryan Cooglar's Wakanda series
Spider-Man Freshman year (animated and if I understand it is a prequel to Tom Holland's Spider-Man showing up in the MCU)

Then there is a Destin Daniel Cretton comedy series and the ScarJo series

So ya lots to come on Disney+

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Great finale. Excited to see where they take these characters in the future.

Definitely my favorite of the Disney+ shows with probably Wandavision coming in 2nd for me.

Reactions: dr robbie

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I see a young Avengers movie for sure with Kate and Yelena as the starting point. Scott's daughter can be added also if she becomes what she is in the comics.

I wouldn't mind seeing Spider Man take a leadership role with some of these strong women because he'd be so hilariously awkward about it.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Was I the only one a little annoyed at how they used king pin? He came off as just a one and done villain for this show...not the major marvel villain he is. I dont think hes dead...but for people that didnt watch daredevil and dont know his comic history...i dont think this introduction made him nearly as menacing as we know him from daredevil.

Even him going after Kates mom personally seemed very out of character. And yeah he looked strong fighting kate,but not brutal...especially when the king pin thing to do wouldve been to kill kate to get back at her mom. I know they had to tone him down for disney plus...but still couldve done more. Dnofrio is exceptional in this role, dont like seeing it go to waste.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I still don't understand the watch. What was the symbol on the back?

It was the SHIELD logo .. the number 19 on the back indicates Laura was agent 19 who was the Mockingbird in the comics so it's possible she was that before retiring. It's clear she's retired per Clint's comments at the start of the season, so it's a nice throwback and way to tie up that backstory.

A better question is why does Kingpin want the watch, and why did he put the hit out on Hawkeye to begin with.

Reactions: Nolan Bombgardener

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Was I the only one a little annoyed at how they used king pin? He came off as just a one and done villain for this show...not the major marvel villain he is. I dont think hes dead...but for people that didnt watch daredevil and dont know his comic history...i dont think this introduction made him nearly as menacing as we know him from daredevil.

Even him going after Kates mom personally seemed very out of character. And yeah he looked strong fighting kate,but not brutal...especially when the king pin thing to do wouldve been to kill kate to get back at her mom. I know they had to tone him down for disney plus...but still couldve done more. Dnofrio is exceptional in this role, dont like seeing it go to waste.

Agree 100%. That King Pin was kind of lame, very comicky with his belly superstrenght, and far from the threat he embodied in the Netflix series.

The show as a whole was real fun though. Doesn't have the highs that (especially) WandaVision and (also) Loki had, but it was overall more consistent.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thought that was a fun season finale that wrapped up a lot of loose ends. I like Yelena and Kate's dynamic, which should be fun going forward.

Overall they did well for a 6 episode season to get that much into it. More episodes could have helped the depth of the characters but I won't complain. The second season should be interesting since they didn't leave off a lot of cliffhangers.

They definitely put Kingpin on this pedestal that I hope they can build off of in the future. I love the character.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I thought the series was very solid. I didn't think they would be able to write up most of the plots in the last episode, but I found it well done.

Glad they finally added in a post credit scene, too. ;)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The musical thing after the credits was lame as f***.

Wish they had done something else besides that shit.

Otherwise, pretty good finale.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It was the SHIELD logo .. the number 19 on the back indicates Laura was agent 19 who was the Mockingbird in the comics so it's possible she was that before retiring. It's clear she's retired per Clint's comments at the start of the season, so it's a nice throwback and way to tie up that backstory.

A better question is why does Kingpin want the watch, and why did he put the hit out on Hawkeye to begin with.

The hit was on Ronin.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The series was good, the ending too cute

I was so sure the series would end with a dead Clint. This iteration of Kate Bishop more than holding her own with Kingpin? Happy ending? Why?! Doing the right thing woth Kate's mom was so expected

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Hailee Steinfield was terrific. Having the bad guys (to start) being pretty comically inept helped keep it light (again atleast the start). Only concern is with Echo, the character didnt seem to be one we would want to see more of. But if Marvel can take the most boring character (The Falcon) and make a decent show out of it I assume they can do the same with Echo.

Disappointed Julia Louis-Dreyfus didnt show up in a post credit scene. I kind of want here to be in every post credit scene

Reactions: mattihp

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

I was so sure the series would end with a dead Clint. This iteration of Kate Bishop more than holding her own with Kingpin? Happy ending? Why?! Doing the right thing woth Kate's mom was so expected

Like someone said on the twitter machine, at its heart it’s a Christmas show. No way it would have ended like this.

Reactions: mattihp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Easy to answer, it follows the comic series pretty faithfully so there was no way he would die. Also don't know if I'd say she was holding her own and she was getting slapped around pretty hard and got lucky in the end.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I wouldn't mind seeing Spider Man take a leadership role with some of these strong women because he'd be so hilariously awkward about it.
And another member of the Young Avenger appears in the Dr. Strange trailer.

88ecdc94e9469f5832255fe2dca49618.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-23_11-53-49.gif
    upload_2021-12-23_11-53-49.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 8

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Like someone said on the twitter machine, at its heart it’s a Christmas show. No way it would have ended like this.

There's also no reason to kill off Hawkeye. This show didn't need to emotional weight of a major death, and, it's easy to keep Hawkeye as a quasi retired guy, who they can bring into any story if they want, but, can also just leave chilling on the farm, and don't need to invent reasons why he wouldn't get called into big battles elsewhere.

What's really funny is that after a year of 4 Marvel shows, my ranking of them is pretty much the inverse of my expectations going in. I had no reason to expect a Hawkeye series to be this good. Likewise, I had much higher hopes for Falcon.

I really hope this is more the template for Marvel shows going forward.

Reactions: Voight and mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad