Injury Report: Havlat (12/27)

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Worked on his skating today

Wut? He is just now learning to skate? lol

I did not buy any tickets for the Oilers game last week because of Havlat. We'll see how long I can hold out until DW trades Havlat.

Havlat would get injuried playing with the 10U Lady Sharks. Havlat, man up and let DW trade you as we don't want you here.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Wut? He is just now learning to skate? lol

I did not buy any tickets for the Oilers game last week because of Havlat. We'll see how long I can hold out until DW trades Havlat.

Havlat would get injuried playing with the 10U Lady Sharks. Havlat, man up and let DW trade you as we don't want you here.

He's absolutely untradeable man, don't get your hopes up. No one is going to want him. We'll be lucky to buy him out at the end of the season.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 8m

One note regarding Havlat - I saw him on Friday, doing what looked to me like strengthening drills with a skating coach after team practiced

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu............

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hopefully, Havlat is in on Saturday.

Pavelski-Thornton-Burns
Nieto-Marleau-Wingels
Havlat-Kearns-Kennedy
Sheppard-Desjardins-Hayes

Would be a solid lineup.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Hopefully, Havlat is in on Saturday.

Pavelski-Thornton-Burns
Nieto-Marleau-Wingels
Havlat-Kearns-Kennedy
Sheppard-Desjardins-Hayes

Would be a solid lineup.

Don't think it'll be that soon. According to Pollak yesterday:

I did talk briefly with Havlat. Yes, he’s feeling pretty good as he continues to practice and rehab an unspecified lower body injury. Yes, he thinks he should be able to play before the Olympic break.

McLellan seemed less certain.

“He’s in a situation where he’s getting healthier,” the coach said. “When he does get completely healthy and in game shape again, then we’ll consider using him.”

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Don't think it'll be that soon. According to Pollak yesterday:

That's why I threw hopefully in there. You never know with this team when injured guys get back in but I heard he traveled with them which is normally a sign of being close.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
That's why I threw hopefully in there. You never know with this team when injured guys get back in but I heard he traveled with them which is normally a sign of being close.

"Hopefully" doesn't change anything since I said "I don't think", not "He won't". :p:
Burish and Torres are also with the team this road trip, so I wouldn't look too much into the traveling part.
Who knows, but McLellan's comments makes it sound like he's not ready yet, and when he is ready, he'll have to go through a couple of full practices before he plays in a game.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Is there a limit to the number of people on IR? Why did they take him off if he's not healthy.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Is there a limit to the number of people on IR? Why did they take him off if he's not healthy.

Not really. (Conceivably, you could have your entire AHL staff recalled and more than 20 on the IR. But the team would really be hurting. Including financially.)

He's "skating healthy". But not "game healthy", yet.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Sounds to me TMac simply doesn't want to play Havlat. Understandable. Not dependable and even when he was in, wasn't producing.

Just get this guy healthy (enough) so DW has the *option* to buy him out.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sounds to me TMac simply doesn't want to play Havlat. Understandable. Not dependable and even when he was in, wasn't producing.

Just get this guy healthy (enough) so DW has the *option* to buy him out.

Whether he's not dependable doesn't matter when you have Eriah Hayes, John McCarthy, and Bracken Kearns in the lineup. As dependable as he is or isn't, he's still a better option than those guys and should be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad