Have you given up for 2015?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Playing near .900 hockey isn't a hot streak. It's the hottest streak of all time..

In 1976-77 the Montreal Canadiens went 60-8-12 for 132 points which was .825 hockey.

If the Leafs finished this year at that rate .825 they would record 49 points in the last 30 and finish with 97 points which would only be 3 less than Boston on pace for 100 currently and that last WC spot.

The highest rate any Leaf team throughout their history has ever payed at is 1950-51 Leafs who in 70 games went 41-16-13 for 95 points and a .679 winning %.. If the Leafs finished the season at the highest rate of any Leaf team ever .679 they would record 41 points in 30 games and finish with 89 points on the season.

So in conclusion if the Leafs play hockey at a rate at which no team throughout history have ever done a going roughly 25-3-2 to make the playoffs than the Stanley Cup is a guarantee as well as no team would come close to stopping them. :)

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Easily the worst Leaf team I've seen.
Glory days of having Sundin as the #1 C and our best player are a distant memory. Us Leaf fans took it for granted, and the words "we need a #1 C" were never uttered during the Sundin era.

Until we develop a great #1C (draft or young player via trade) we'll still be a train wreck.

If we don't win the lottery and McDavid, my hope is in Strome. Who seems to be very talented, and could be the #1 C that has eluded us since 2008.

Last edited:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Easily the worst Leaf team I've seen.
Glory days of having Sundin as the #1 C and our best player area distant memory. Us Leaf fans took it for granted, and the words "we need a #1 C" were never uttered during the Sundin era.

Until we develop a great #1C (draft or young player via trade) we'll still be a train wreck.

If we don't win the lottery and McDavid, my hope is in Strome. Who seems to be very talented, and could be the #1 C that has eluded us since 2008.

Sundin took a lot of hate. When things didn't fortify, he took the heat. But never heard complaints about a number 1 centre or that he was a poor leader. Never heard it. Cujo in nets... We had important peices and guess what? We were semi-successful. You don't build your team around your wingers. You build from the net out with a number 1 C. Our last number 1 C was Mats, that was a long time ago..

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Opposite in fact. It's giving me hope!

Many knew the team got worse this year. Playoffs were never happening. But I figured they'd teeter in the middle as usual.

There were a small handful of fans that were certain getting rid of Dave Bolland, Nik Kulemin, Mason Raymond and Jay McClemment and replacing them with the free agents they signed was a side-ways move at best, but for the most part those voices got lost and instead we got threads like "Do The Leafs Have The Best Bottom 6 In The League?" and stuff like that.

You're right, though, it was clear before the puck even dropped this team wasn't nearly good enough to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad