Have you given up for 2015?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
qdJSgjg.gif

(but not really).

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I gave up a few weeks ago. I have been actively cheering for losses and haven't really made any effort to ensure I'm watching the games either.

I check the overall standings every single day to see if we are getting closer to that #3 pick - realistically it's the best we can achieve. Edmonton and Buffalo are just way to bad.

That being said, I also expect a lack luster trade deadline and somehow they will screw me again before the year is over.

But that being said, there is NO WAY we make the playoffs.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Opposite in fact. It's giving me hope!

Many knew the team got worse this year. Playoffs were never happening. But I figured they'd teeter in the middle as usual.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, given up.

And, unlike in previous years, not even tuning in to watch the train wreck.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
LOL a little late for this thread. Considering 95% of the threads on our board are about rebuilding or tanking, I think its safe to say yes.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Yes and so should management. They should be looking at securing a top end pick and losing as many games between now and the end of the season to do so.

Get rid of , Winnik, Santo, Franson, if there is a Kessel deal where a team is willing to pay now and not at the draft make that deal. Same as Dion, if there is a deal there and it makes sense then do it. Trade Reimer etc... Hell I would even look at a Kadri deal if it made sense, just don't like his inconsistent game and never relay have.

Management needs to start doing things right. Give your scouts the reigns and let them do what their paid for. Give them some picks to work with both high end and late 1st 2nd's 3rds etc. Don't spend big on average players, if your going to invest in a player make sure it's someone who's going to help your team not another David Clarkson type player/contract.

My feeling is, once things are tore down and fans have a proper direction that they are finally going to have a team who's willing to do things right then everything will be fine. So long as the management is as focused on the rebuild and doing it the right way as some if not most fans around here are then it will be fine.

But if they go out and spend up big on average players over the summer. Don't deal Dion or Phil then we will all know it's just more of the same wish wash garbage we have seen for the last 10 years or so.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I beleaf the Leafs have a chance to put together a damn good hockey team, but the rest of this year is gonna be a rideout

A less lopsided poll would ask: Do you still believe in Santa?

I believe we can flip him for a pair of 2nd rounders

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Yes. Hopefully management does too and begins to ship out our UFA's and dismantles our rotten core.

That Richard Sherman GIF sums up the past 4 leafs seasons. To paraphrase a poster on this website (can't remember who) - every good thing this team has done is just a mirage.

I don't think I've ever been this low as a Leafs fan and this is the first time I've ever had the tank nation mentality. **** this team.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
If game 7 against boston showed us anything, it's not over until that final whistle blows. I still beleaf.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yes. Hopefully management does too and begins to ship out UFA's and dismantles our rotten core.

That Richard Sherman GIF sums up the past 4 leafs seasons. To paraphrase a poster on this website (can't remember who) - every good thing this team has done is just a mirage.

I don't think I've ever been this low as a Leafs fan and this the first time I've ever had the tank nation mentality. **** this team.

Same for me. This team is just brutal.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
unlike everyone here i watch all leaf games
09-10 was prob the biggest sucker punch

if they tank then whatever, sum crappy ass late round prospect
if they make it, then time to party

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad