Have you become a Bernier believer?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Oh so now sample size should be taken into consideration?

It never is when discussing his "team record" save % he out up last year.

13 times is still pathetic. Reimer really benefited from the team keeping opponents on the perimeter and clearing rebounds last year.

Why does he deserve a start? If we lost today I can understand it but not here. Might as well go with the same lines

when discussing things that increase(and cannot decrese) due to game played yes it's very revelant.

Unless you think Rynnas is the best goalie ever, after all he didn't play any games where he let in 3+ goals(or 1+ for that matter), that's better than Bernier.

Maybe you think Gunnerson is a better offensive defenseman than Karlsson too, since he scored 1 more point last season(20 more games played but that's not revelant at all like you said)

not saying Reimer is better or anything, just stating facts. Saying someone had 13 games with 3+ while someone had 3 games with 3+ is skewing the numbers when 1 goalie had 19 more chances to let in 3+ goals. When you look at the number of 3 goal games per game played, it shows Bernier is better in that catagory(21.4% v. 39.3%) but it certainly isn't almost a 5 to 1 ratio like the original poster made it seem, also different teams

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
During the pre-season I thought Berner's play was good, however I didn't get my expectations to high considering he wasn't playing in front of the full Leafs lineup. However from his first regular season game against the Flyers to his amazing save that kept the Leafs in the game against the Oilers when they were lossing 5-4, I trust Bernier when he's in net.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Oh so now sample size should be taken into consideration?

It never is when discussing his "team record" save % he out up last year.

13 times is still pathetic. Reimer really benefited from the team keeping opponents on the perimeter and clearing rebounds last year.

Why does he deserve a start? If we lost today I can understand it but not here. Might as well go with the same lines
13 Times is pathetic? He was 7th in save percentage and Lundqvist plays on one of the best defensive teams and had 14 games giving up 3+ goals.

BayStreetBullies*

I'm still impressed that Bernier's SV% is still a .946 despite letting in 5 goals tonight.

You know what his SV% would be if he let in another 5 goals on 31 shots again? .808 and his GAA would go from 1.74 to 2.33.

Sample size, just saying.

SteveV*

My point would still stand. But thanks for coming out. :laugh:

If Reimer lets in 5 goals on 31 shots next game he will have 4.8 goals against and .865 save percentage. Oh the laughter :)

And when you're done laughing recheck your Bernier calculation, because that it a riot! .926 not .808 :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
To be fair zeke, I heard Jim Hughson clearly said Bernier must be having an off-night, he almost seems "Reimer-like" the way he's playing tonight (in so many words).

the reimer comment was made by healey :)

Thank-dawg for radio I stopped listening to CBC calling the game last year, those 2 + the other moron simpson say more stupid things per hour then could Bono, Gagger and Madonna having a discussion on the nature of humility.:shakehead

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
If Reimer lets in 5 goals on 31 shots next game he will have 4.8 goals against and .865 save percentage. Oh the laughter :)

And when you're done laughing recheck your Bernier calculation, because that it a riot! .926 not .808 :laugh:

Bazinga.

The Wall

Mar 28, 2013
That glove save alone earns him the next start. Win and you're in, he won therefore he should be in.

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland
Thank-dawg for radio I stopped listening to CBC calling the game last year, those 2 + the other moron simpson say more stupid things per hour then could Bono, Gagger and Madonna having a discussion on the nature of humility.:shakehead

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ha ha,Bono during a U2 concert in Scotland started clapping his hands while the band and the audience were silent,after about a minute of only him clapping he said,'Every time I clap my hands a child dies in Africa'

A voice from near the front shouts back, 'Well stop doing it you sick b@stard' :)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Either could start.

Bernier saved their butt with that glove save, but he put them in that position with his bad play out the net trying to be Brodeur (2 goals he caused with his puck handling).

Leafs won because the Oilers have the worst goaltender in the league.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He had a poor game but he was hung out to dry much like Dubnyk throughout the game. It's interesting that Carlyle didn't pull him after the flubbed glove save on the fourth goal. It would seem they have a lot more confidence in Bernier than they do in Reimer when things go south.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He had a poor game but he was hung out to dry much like Dubnyk throughout the game. It's interesting that Carlyle didn't pull him after the flubbed glove save on the fourth goal. It would seem they have a lot more confidence in Bernier than they do in Reimer when things go south.

that's the unspoken story of the night.
they kept flashing to Reimer after the 4th (and 5th) goal. but nada.

this week is SO interesting.

We're playing the Wild, Canes and Hawks.
I dont know if I'd want to throw Reimer against the Hawks. I think Reimer needs to get in there and start playing but I don't know if I'd give him the wild EITHER..

so

Bernier/Reimer/Bernier?

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
that's the unspoken story of the night.
they kept flashing to Reimer after the 4th (and 5th) goal. but nada.

this week is SO interesting.

We're playing the Wild, Canes and Hawks.
I dont know if I'd want to throw Reimer against the Hawks. I think Reimer needs to get in there and start playing but I don't know if I'd give him the wild EITHER..

so

Bernier/Reimer/Bernier?

That would be my guess.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i wouldnt be shocked if Reimer starts

Bernier didnt have the best game
and if Reimer looks ready, not going to hurt to throw him back in!
OPTIMUS FOR LIFE

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
You know what his SV% would be if he let in another 5 goals on 31 shots again? .808 and his GAA would go from 1.74 to 2.33.

Sample size, just saying.

I don't think anyone cares that you have appointed yourself the Debbie Downer on Jonathan Bernier. People are allowed to be excited about the guy and the skills he's shown thus far. One not so great game and he still made the defining save that made last night's win possible.

In that scenario, his SV% would drop to .927 - your math is wrong...just saying.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
If Carlyle is running a tandem in a 1a 1b scenario like he says he is Reimer should get the next start based on the merit it wasn't a steady performance from Bernier even though he won. He lost vs Colorado yet was superb in that game and was rewarded for that vs Nashville so this win your in analogy holds no merit and it would be highly hypocritical of Carlyle to not go with Reims vs Minnesota. In fact it's a real good way of ruining a good thing in having 2 good goalies so early in the season when your not anointing a #1 at this time.

Reimer should get the next start and his play should dictate if another start should follow not necessarily getting the win. The focus should be recognizing the hot hand and play it until it cools off when your running a tandem. Bernier had the hot hand and he cooled off last night... go with Reims and see what the response is to Bernier getting 3 straight starts.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I would agree Id go back to Reimer but I understand if he sticks with Bernier. Either one give us a chance to win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad