Post-Game Talk: hats vs nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Not even close.

I dunno if I totally blame him. While Holtby is better (and still the greatest playoff goaltender playing) I think Vasi has really been hung out to dry by their team. That vaunted defense is giving up a loooooooot of 2 on 1's and really just not done enough to neutralize our scorers. I mean what happened to one of Hedman, Stralman, or McDonugh being on the ice for the entire game? Hasn't helped.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How I've felt this postseason. Please keep it going boys!

IUO3lcO.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I know you all hate us, I know there's supposed to be a rivalry... but I'm not a part of it. I just wanted to let you all know that I am genuinely rooting for you and I would love nothing more than to see Ovi lift the Cup at long last. I absolutely love him and completely don't understand the hate that he gets. Also, my good friend is a longtime Caps fan and I want this so badly for him. So, just know that this Caniac is 100% on your side.

Maybe it's condescending but I've never really felt a rivalry with Carolina, they're more "little brother" in my eyes and I've got a good friend who loves them so I've gotten to see a lot of them.

And you have a better stadium then us. :laugh:

Reactions: gocanes88

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Dont the caps as a franchise have the most blown 2 game series leads?? This team feels different! But I’m still a little haunted by the past failures.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
By "us" do you mean Hurricanes fans? If so I assure you, we don't hate you. We're a little jealous of your Cup, but the two teams never had much of a rivalry IMO.
Well I've always noticed unfriendly feelings between the two fanbases haha. I've never had any ill will towards the Caps though. Besides, we can unite in our mutual hatred of Pittsburgh. :madfire:

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
hope im not getting too ahead of myself...

the caps have that specific lust for the cup aura about them. that sudden shockwave of motivation that makes them look invincible and they just steam roll opponents. i saw this same thing with the 2016 sharks team.

winning that pens series may have been what they needed as a group.

unreal

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Dont the caps as a franchise have the most blown 2 game series leads?? This team feels different! But I’m still a little haunted by the past failures.

I'll be terrified that this all comes crashing down until I see Ovechkin with the Cup. And honestly if I didn't believe this team was so different my thoughts right now would be, "Ah, so this is how they choose to break our hearts this year... they look uh-may-zing before imploding in a spectacular fashion. You clever bastards."

But, honestly, f*** that noise. These guys are something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille