Post-Game Talk: hats vs nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
f*** me I picked a game to miss.

You just can't underestimate the relevance of momentum and superior goaltending in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The playoffs are littered with the corpses of "superior" teams. The line-up sheet means jack.

CapitalOne is going to be f***ing pandemonium Tuesday.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
That vaunted defense is giving up a loooooooot of 2 on 1's and really just not done enough to neutralize our scorers. I mean what happened to one of Hedman, Stralman, or McDonugh being on the ice for the entire game? Hasn't helped.

Other than the Caps forwards, specifically Ovechkin and Wilson, slamming the Bolts D I haven't noticed the Tampa's vaunted D at all. The haven't really activated, yet, the way the Caps D has.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'll be terrified that this all comes crashing down until I see Ovechkin with the Cup. And honestly if I didn't believe this team was so different my thoughts right now would be, "Ah, so this is how they choose to break our hearts this year... they look uh-may-zing before imploding in a spectacular fashion. You clever bastards"

Yeah, that song is playing real loud in the back of my head. I'm having a great time but I don't think I'll ever truly believe again until Ovie lifts that Cup. Or, god forbid, some future captain.

Reactions: calicapsfan

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Just lying here waiting for my alarm to go off telling me its all a dream. This can't be happening
This is why I love sports. Not to see spoiled Penguins or Patriots fans barely feel any excitement over their team winning yet another championship, but to see reactions like this. To see fans that truly deserve it. :heart:

And you have a better stadium then us. :laugh:
Love my PNC! My home away from home whenever I live up there (which hopefully I will again soon). Not a bad seat in the entire building. And the atmosphere is incredible when it's packed... I miss those days so much. Raleigh simply needs to do better and support this team by filling the seats. We're all frustrated over the playoff drought, obviously. But I promise you that if I lived up there I'd go to as many games as I could. I love them no matter what and I'm thrilled to have a pro hockey team in this state. It's an honor and one that should not be taken for granted. Not to mention, it's a huge embarrassment whenever we play the Penguins or Rangers and they take over our building. Our fans could minimize these takeovers simply by showing up. I wish they would... like they used to. The lack of playoff action is frustrating, but it's no excuse.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I dunno if I totally blame him. While Holtby is better (and still the greatest playoff goaltender playing) I think Vasi has really been hung out to dry by their team. That vaunted defense is giving up a loooooooot of 2 on 1's and really just not done enough to neutralize our scorers. I mean what happened to one of Hedman, Stralman, or McDonugh being on the ice for the entire game? Hasn't helped.
I'm not totally blaming Vasi but he isn't playing well. Neither is the dcore. Hedman has been average at best. McDonough hasn't played well and Stralman has been a bum. Was never sold in Stralman.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If we sweep them and Jets/Vegas goes the distance do we lose all momentum and get pancaked?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
what do they do with backstrom? he looked kinda close this morning. can they afford one more game?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If he’s healthy, play him. Just don’t break up the Eller or Kuzy lines.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
And i know Trotz always subscribes to the “we’re prepared for a long series”

f*** that. They are on the ropes. Come out flying Tuesday and bury these frauds.

Play for the sweep

EternalOptimist

Apr 26, 2018
**** me I picked a game to miss.

You just can't underestimate the relevance of momentum and superior goaltending in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The playoffs are littered with the corpses of "superior" teams. The line-up sheet means jack.

CapitalOne is going to be ****ing pandemonium Tuesday.

I'm gonna be there, I can't f***ing wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad