Has Torts lost his mind?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
So if you **** in your pants and then someone speaks publicly about it, they have your approval? I don't understand. It must be some cultural thing.

Consider for a moment that he didnt literally shit his pants and torts was being dramatic in saying it to get the reporters to back the f*** off cause he was sick of being asked about a trade.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't know. Torts sounded like Panarin was really sick, so i won't rule out it. Doesn't talking about how Panarin shat his pants to get away from annoying questions sound strange to you?

Without any context, maybe a little bit. With the full picture, no.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
[mod] Apparently sarcasm is no longer a thing. Torts wasn’t embarrassing Panarin. He told the reporters REPEATEDLY, he’s just sick. No. He was puking and has a bug.

But since reporters don’t listen and kept pestering, even though he gave them a thorough and legitimate answer, he decided to be sarcastic and get into hyperbole, uncomfortable details and stated, “He crapped himself.”

What’s wrong with that?
“That’s embarrassing!” Really? It’s obviously untrue. You think a guy like Panarin cares what other people think of him? Guy is a stud NHLer who has had countless people cheer and boo his name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Calad and Monk

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
One coach has a .544 career playoff win percentage while the other is at .460

Hard to affect your playoff winning percentage if you cant actually make them.

Also, you were asking why one of them got fired and one didnt, and I answered your question.

I get that your point is to degrade Torts, but you should probably make a better point to do that.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Torts obviously wanted to avoid the "he is scratched because he is getting traded" dog and pony show. So he made it VERY clear that Panarin was out due to illness.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Am I the only person that thinks Panarin heard it and probably laughed?

I agree. Torts's comments about Panarin's illness were funny. There's nothing embarrassing about getting sick--it happens to everyone--so nothing to be embarrassed about.

McDavids had multiple bouts of chronic diarrhea over the last 2 seasons and he never missed games. Panarin deserves to be embarrassed by Torts.

McDavid and his non-generational immune system should sit out a game if he has that going on. He's stupid for doing that, not tough.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Only way CBJ is the last place torts coaches is if torts made the choice to retire.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Hard to affect your playoff winning percentage if you cant actually make them.

Also, you were asking why one of them got fired and one didnt, and I answered your question.

I get that your point is to degrade Torts, but you should probably make a better point to do that.

No no no no. My point is that the fact (your fact) that he won a Stanley Cup doesn't make him a great coach to play for.

All I simply asked was "Why would anyone want to play for him?" because he's flapping his gums about players.

You decided that the fact that Torts won 1 cup was reason enough but you don't seem to want to pass that same courtesy on to anyone Carlyle.

Edit: Wait! You aren't even the original dude so forget the whole thing.

Well since we are already here.......and you don't think the playoff data is valid, Carlyle has a regular season win% of .576 to Torts's .550.

I look forward to your spin on that.

member 298589

I have no problem as he knows all about diarrhea. Torts just happens to suffer from it at the other end.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Hasn't lost his mind at all.

He is actually very aggressive in his approach. He's challenging the interviewers with each question. He's not going for humor, he's going for intimidation. You could call him a bully, but likely his bullying behavior has served him well in his career as a hockey coach. OR simply: Torts gon tort

I'm sure Mr. Rogers or Bill Gates would give a more "professional" interview, but I don't see that type of disposition helping someone as a bench boss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad