Has Torts lost his mind?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I thought the Duclair comments were insightful and fair. It's not like he said everything about hims sucks. He praises him for the skills he brings to the table and says he wants him to pull it together and contribute to the teams and fulfill his potential. It's also true that he's not the first coach to feel his way about him.

By some of the comments I'm reading it seems like some BJ fans think he's being unreasonable with Duclair. He gives you the insight as to why he gets scratched and then fans reply with "he's losing his mind". The way I read Torts, I doubt anything thing Torts said wasn't something Duclair hasn't heard all year and then some with other coaches.

I think Duclair probably appreciates the honesty. I've heard some coaches don't even tell you why you get scratched. I knew a guy who went up and down from NHL to AHL a bit, he said he played for a coach who said hi to him once, he got sent down 2 hours later. His comment was that he didn't care if a coach told him he was dog crap. He saw it as a positive. He knew where he stood and knew what he had to improve. I think most hockey players are a little tougher than some fans think. The coach isn't their family, he's their boss. No need for coddling, just tell he players what they have to do to get more ice time.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You mean acting like a professional?
I think you're mistaking professionalism for being a house trained PR robot. And sports journalists? You could do their job drunk. Some probably are. They watch a game and then ask some stupendously mundane standard questions. If they go off script, it's never something insightful or smart, it's only to provoke a juicy headline. Clickbait.

Torts has never respected those morons, because why should he? They never try to improve and they're exactly mediocre, in a malicious way. His Panarin answer was his way to give the finger. As for Duclair? He couldn't even make the lineup in Phoenix. Something is seriously flawed with his game. He should've kept his honesty towards Duclair though, that was disrespectful. Or, this was his way of trying to make Duclair listen/ hustle and this is his last chance.

Last edited:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Is it true that in Quebec province Torts goes by the name Jacques Wagon?

Because he is just that.

Freaking Jack Wagon. There's a classy respectful way to carry yourself like a gentleman. Torts is the exact opposite.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
#1 what is embarrassing about shitting yourself when you are insanely sick? As someone with colitis and IBS ive shit myself at least 5 times over the past 10 years once on an airplane... its sad and you fewl bad for the person but its not embarrassing.

#2 Torts just said it to get people to shut up about the trade rumors. He does that stuff to get the attention off his players and out of the locker room and all on him... thats the definition of a good coach...

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Torts is an interesting character, he gets you playing the right way and into the playoffs, but once you stop listening to him (not playing the way he wants you to play) he will throw you under the bus, the problem is that that player never seems to recover from it. The man has thrown guys under the bus on every team he's been on it's hilarious and it's his style I get that, but I feel like he can take another approach. Just a matter of teaching an old dog a few new tricks.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
His comments about Duclair were ridiculous enough, but then he goes on a Panarin tirade last night. Is publicly embarrassing players a new thing? No wonder Panarin wants out of the organization.

Everyone knows what happens when you get the flu, why is that embarassing? we're all human

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->