Has Torts lost his mind?

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
His comments about Duclair were ridiculous enough, but then he goes on a Panarin tirade last night. Is publicly embarrassing players a new thing? No wonder Panarin wants out of the organization.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Although it was pretty direct, I believe he is not wrong about Duclair. He is FAIR, in my opinion.
Duclair was rushed to the NHL. From Torts's opinion, he doesn't understand the game (Low hockey IQ).
Super skilled, but if he doesn't know what to do and where to go on the ice when he doesn't have the puck, there is an issue there. -- When they asked Tortorella about Dubois, he was fair too. He loves him.. but his stubbornness can be great (to move forward in what you want to achieve), but it can be something preventing an athlete to "listen" and to do what is needed to do at times. ( He actually praised Dubois). Well... and Panarin had to change his underwear, but that's none of our business. lol

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Yeah - telling the world that Panarin **** his pants is publicly ridiculing the guy. Wonder if he'd have said that about him had he re-signed with the club. Probably not.
Not a good look for Torts, stabbing the guy on the way out...but not unexpected considering the nature of the industry, in a cut-throat situation like pro-sports. It's embarassing for Tortarella...but more so for Panarin. Stay classy, coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dood

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
It was over the top.

Would this talk motivate Duclair ? i don't know

Sort of seems like a final effort to get him going. Torts wasn’t wrong, it’s his 4th team, 4th coach sick of his attitude

Might as well try something and then get rid of him if it doesn’t work

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I generally like Torts, don't get me wrong. I think he's entertaining. But the Panarin tirade was legit weird.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Am I the only person that thinks Panarin heard it and probably laughed?

He's probably well aware that Torts is just saying F you to the media trying to get a piece of some juicy trade news like vultures on a dead rat the only way he knows how...

If he is embarrassed, I'm sure he'll forget all about it when he's cruising around Miami cashing some big checks from the Panthers in a few months...

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
McDavids had multiple bouts of chronic diarrhea over the last 2 seasons and he never missed games. Panarin deserves to be embarrassed by Torts.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad