Has Torts lost his mind?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Duclaire comments came off harsh in print, but when you actually watch the video, the tone is pretty soft and even caring.

The Panarin comments were just hilarious. I can't imagine Panarin has a problem with them, he was probably laughing his ass off (one somebody translated it for him).

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The Duclaire comments came off harsh in print, but when you actually watch the video, the tone is pretty soft and even caring.

The Panarin comments were just hilarious. I can't imagine Panarin has a problem with them, he was probably laughing his ass off (one somebody translated it for him).
lol ya that’s what I got out of the Panarin ones. He knows what they’re up to. He knows he’s probably full of shit. So why drag it on.

I liked the time stamp comment too. Thought that was pretty witty in the moment. Like seriously, who gives a f*** anyways.

You’re right about the tone. Sounds a lot like he wants Duclair to figure it out. Why wouldn’t he? Just sounds like he’s out of ideas with the kid.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I love the Torts show. :popcorn:

Just don't bring it to DC. We already have a circus in the Redskins.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I most have missed something. Old school tough love. Personally I think Tortorella got the most integrity of all coaches. I would have loved to play for him.

Same here. Too many kids these days have grown up coddled and sheltered from criticism and disappointment. Then people wonder why half the country loses their damn minds when something doesn’t go their way. I seriously wonder how the people who think a bit of mild criticism equates to horrific abuse manage to function in the real world.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
McDavid can never tell if he's leakin or if he's just seeing his teammates out on the ice, amirite?

Torts gonna tort, if I were Panarin I'd be pissed but maybe he finds it funny, who knows. If I'm sick and actually did shit myself, though.. ya, my boss and I would have a problem with him announcing it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It was a tirade regarding Panarin??? It was hilarious, basically telling that media guy to piss off asking a coach if a trade is impending because Panarin is sitting! He shouldn't have made the Duclair comments, but the Panarin one was great, and I can't stand Torts for the most part.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
He’s a clown. Won’t blame anybody for not wanting to play for him.

Well apparently NHL teams over the last 20 years keep wanting to hire clowns to be their head coach. Pretty good record for a clown too. Maybe you should call the GM and share your insight since you know what your talking about.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
He inherits good teams and turns them into bad teams overnight. Tampa won the Cup in 2004 in spite of him, not because of him.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
csVzM9X.gif
hansentorts.gif

Torts being torts vs players, the sun is hot, etc.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Nine times out of ten, when Tortorella goes to the media Q&A after the game, nothing interesting happens. But that one time out of ten he lets loose and we get memorable and remarkable soundbites to be endlessly broadcast in Sportscenter highlight reels.

I'm getting a little tired of the 10% rule.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
He inherits good teams and turns them into bad teams overnight. Tampa won the Cup in 2004 in spite of him, not because of him.

Exactly the opposite of reality. You fit right in here.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So if you **** in your pants and then someone speaks publicly about it, they have your approval? I don't understand. It must be some cultural thing.

Do you think Panarin literally shit his pants?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad