Has the time come to name a Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If injuries are the reason people write off Ryan Murray then you might want to write off Jenner too. He's missed a lot of time in his first two seasons too.

I wouldn't think either of them would be in the discussion for 2015-2016 captain for exactly that reason.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
103 (Jenner) to 78 (Murray). Plus Murray eventually missed a playoff game last season whereas Jenner played all 6.

Not that it matters, but Boone Jenner had one injury, a stress fracture in his back. Thats hard to hold against him. Murray, I cant begin to try to remember, why he has missed which games. Knee, Knee, ankle. I'm not slamming Murray, I know he tried to gut it out in playoffs when he retweaked knee. Im just saying that for Murray, he doesnt need burden of captainship, I would like him to just focus on trying to stay healthy. Moot point anyway, cant imagine hes being considered.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Not that it matters, but Boone Jenner had one injury, a stress fracture in his back. Thats hard to hold against him. Murray, I cant begin to try to remember, why he has missed which games. Knee, Knee, ankle. I'm not slamming Murray, I know he tried to gut it out in playoffs when he retweaked knee. Im just saying that for Murray, he doesnt need burden of captainship, I would like him to just focus on trying to stay healthy. Moot point anyway, cant imagine hes being considered.

He also broke his hand in camp via a puck to the glove.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I don't think it's the injuries per se, but the fact that injuries have limited the number of games Boone and Murray have played in, that is at the core of these comments. I like Boone, he may be the right C choice, but that feels somehow a slight to Dubi, given that Boone has played 2 seasons, one of them being an injury-filled season. Timing of the choice, not the choice, may be the obstacle.
Murray - who knows? Not because he's got x injuries, but because he hasn't been to battle enough to have the stripes looked for by others.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Since the situation has changed, we're going to kill this thread and move the conversation over to 1857s poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad