Has the time come to name a Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don't care. Dubi and Johnson have had A's for a long time now and are under contract for many more years. It's going to be hard to pull the A's off them. The next set of A's - Boll (LOL), Letestu (he gone?) and then Foligno and Jenner.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I know it hasn't worked well before, but I really think Bob should be the captain. He is one of the top two players we have and he has the best work ethic on the team. I like Foligno and Jenner as potential captains, but if I had to pick one I think I would name Bob.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I know it hasn't worked well before, but I really think Bob should be the captain. He is one of the top two players we have and he has the best work ethic on the team. I like Foligno and Jenner as potential captains, but if I had to pick one I think I would name Bob.

Goalies cannot be captains.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I hope Captain America gets to keep his letter

Steven_Rogers_(Earth-1610).png

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
If I had to pick a C right now, I'd go with Foligno, but I think Jenner might be our future leader. I love Dubinsky on the ice, but that is just too much raw emotion to put a C on.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The fact that Foligno was given a special introduction at the beginning because of his service award and the fact that he was assigned to give the fans the final farewell at the end of the game suggests to me that he is in the lead in the Captain race. Only drawback to naming him is if this season proves to be a bit of a fluke and he is back on earth with only 10-12 goals next year.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Boone is too young to be captain and I have not heard anything about him being a force in the locker room yet. True, he may have the potential to be a captain in the future. But to name him now and bypass guys like Dubie who have been in fact the locker room leaders of the current team would be a mistake in myh opinion.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I still don't see Foligno getting to be a captain when he hasn't even been wearing an A.

Maybe he did for a couple of games in the early season when everyone was hurt but when he doesn't even wear an A when everyone is healthy I just don't see it happening.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This convo is a bit ridiculous. We're trying to infer who should be captain based on bad information. Do the current "A's" tell you who the leadership core of the hockey team is? No. Do we know whether Boone Jenner is a voice in the room? No. We don't know anything.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The issue is we've got a number of guys who could be captain. Add Foligno to that list. That's probably why we have 4 A's and no C.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
I think I like the 'revolving' A's...the players know and respect who the leaders are on the team, it's served the team well lately...why 'rock the boat' and name someone over others who are all probably capable and/or vocal about what's going on on the ice and in the room...just my 2 cents

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
We don't know what happens behind closed doors. But I can see what happens on the ice. Nicky gets deferred to a lot. Then he makes the post-game speech. He's personable, he's respected. And for those who counter with him not wearing an A very often I would say that Boll does yet he was scratched for the final home game. Nick has my vote. A's to Dubi, Jack and Tube (if he stays).

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
This convo is a bit ridiculous. We're trying to infer who should be captain based on bad information. Do the current "A's" tell you who the leadership core of the hockey team is? No. Do we know whether Boone Jenner is a voice in the room? No. We don't know anything.

Whelp from this article which Portzline leads off with Boone Jenner, a likely future captain of the Blue Jackets, is a diplomat.

I find it interesting , this article is on Rychel ...

“When I got drafted, Boone was one of the first guys who texted me to say welcome to the organization,†Rychel said. “He has shown me around the city and really done a lot for me since my first development camp.â€
Once fierce rivals, Jenner and Rychel figure to be Blue Jackets fixtures for years to come. In a 2-1 win on Monday over the Panthers, Rychel earned his first NHL point by assisting on Jenner’s winning goal. And Jenner handed Rychel the keepsake puck after the game.
“That’s was pretty cool, coming from Boone,†Rychel said.

Also I would add the jackets were 11-0-2 when Boone and Dubinsky both played together this season . I'm not saying that folignio shouldn't be considered , but I definately think Dubinsky or Boone are more if the traditional captain type . I've had an affinity for Dubinsky since day 1 when he came here, we were in the midst of a bad losing streak , and he basically called out the plAyers and said each person needed to look in the mirror .

Hugg

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus
Hartnell's quote is what got him started

"I think you need that guy to look up to, to have a voice, a guy that brings it every night. Someone who has a real pulse of the dressing room and there are definitely a few candidates in our room. It’s obviously not our decision, but hopefully that gets done and won’t be in people’s heads and we’ll move forward."

Foligno also said it's time for a captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad