Has Bobby Ryan redeemed himself?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
For sure. The one nice thing is that neither Stalberg or Wingels probably want more than 1 year to prove they're worth more than they are right now. Wingels had back to back sub 20 pt seasons, and as did Stalberg. Could sign and flip if the team doesn't work out next year for some mid-round picks, and the one year doesn't tie us down. Kind of scary to think we have to resign Karlsson, Turris, Stone, and Ceci in the enxt two years. Each is going to garner more than 5mil per.

How much more are they going to get? Short of a PPG season, Stone isn't going to break 5.5-6M since he's still an RFA. Ceci might get 4M, but unless his point totals jump it won't be more. Only one I'm worried about is Turris since he's a UFA.

My ideal scenario is that the Sens lock up Turris this off-season rather than risk a contract-year PPG season that prices him out of Ottawa. 6 years, 36M should get it done. I think he'll appreciate the commitment from Ottawa given his lackluster year points-wise and the contract security 6 years provides.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How much more are they going to get? Short of a PPG season, Stone isn't going to break 5.5-6M since he's still an RFA. Ceci might get 4M, but unless his point totals jump it won't be more. Only one I'm worried about is Turris since he's a UFA.

My ideal scenario is that the Sens lock up Turris this off-season rather than risk a contract-year PPG season that prices him out of Ottawa. 6 years, 36M should get it done. I think he'll appreciate the commitment from Ottawa given his lackluster year points-wise and the contract security 6 years provides.

Yeah I imagine Stone gets something similar to Hoffman (5.2 mil for 4 years). Burrows' money basically will go to EK. I wouldn't mind even giving Turris 8 years to reduce the cost/year to 5.5 mil if it was on the table. Durable and consistent. Stone has shown to be a little more injury prone so I wouldn't do more than 3-4 years at a time. Pageau's another guy I'd give an 8 year contract to bring down the price to sub 2 million. He also seems like the type of guy that would give up dollars for security, and stay in his hometown where he's kind of a legend.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Yeah I imagine Stone gets something similar to Hoffman (5.2 mil for 4 years). Burrows' money basically will go to EK. I wouldn't mind even giving Turris 8 years to reduce the cost/year to 5.5 mil if it was on the table. Durable and consistent. Stone has shown to be a little more injury prone so I wouldn't do more than 3-4 years at a time. Pageau's another guy I'd give an 8 year contract to bring down the price to sub 2 million. He also seems like the type of guy that would give up dollars for security, and stay in his hometown where he's kind of a legend.

I'd love to do a Jankrok contract with Pageau. There's a thread on the Sens board where I did a salary comparison chart of players in similar situations to Pageau, Jankrok was on it.

Fortunately/unfortunately, his playoff performance has thrown a monkey wrench into things. I was hoping to get him on a contract similar to Smith's old contract (1.9MX4) and adjust it for the higher cap, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. It will be somewhere between 2M and 3.25 hopefully.

Edit: I wouldn't do 8 for Turris. 7, maybe. He'll be 28 before he even suits up next season, and 29 before he even plays a game of his new contract. I won't want to be paying a 37 yr old 5.5M. That's a lot of risk for a minimal gain.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He has, but not completely in my mind. He's having a strong playoffs, but that doesn't change his awful regular season. He put up 25 points while making 7 million dollars. His contract will be tough to move, so I hope he gets back to at the very least a 20 goal scorer. Missing MacArthur hurt him I think. MacArthur, Brassard and Ryan should have been Ottawa's second line this year, but MacArthur missed most of the season and Brassard went from having 58 points last year to 39 this year. If MacArthur can stay healthy next year, Ryan should be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad