OT: Has anyone here been to a Chuck's Roadhouse?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I mean you roll the dice when it comes to places with cheap food. Doesn’t mean it’s all bad, but it depends on your personal preference :laugh:

Never been to one but I can’t say I’d want to take the wife for a date night to one. At the same time if we’re talking a post beer league game with the boys, then that would do.
This post sums it up quite nicely I think.

Reactions: ACC1224

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Scratch that - I have been to one :laugh: .. didn’t eat food though just some beer. Went after our hockey finals last year when they were near closing. They let us sit down and just have some drinks for 45 mins. A+ customer service!

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
If you're in the Beach and like BBQ, Breakwall is the place. Just east of Woodbine on Queen. Excellent food, decent priced beer, tight seating around the bar. Tell 'em Uncle Mike sent you.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Aren't you from Burlington? How can you not mention the Firehall in Bronte?
Yep, those were pretty good, haven't been there in a long time. Pump was pretty good too.

I grew up eating Honeys(R.I.P) wings in Niagara Falls NY, so I prefer the dry sauced Buffalo style wing.
St Louis is the closest to Honey's wings I've found.
Medium dry with a side of Hot sauce :thumbu:

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Yep, those were pretty good, haven't been there in a long time. Pump was pretty good too.

I grew up eating Honeys(R.I.P) wings in Niagara Falls NY, so I prefer the dry sauced Buffalo style wing.
St Louis is the closest to Honey's wings I've found.
Medium dry with a side of Hot sauce :thumbu:

I still remember when wings were 5 cents each. I once bought 100 wings at the Old English Parlor in Waterloo for 5 backs. Now I'd have to take out a bank loan to do that.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
After seeing that commercial a number of times during Leafs games for Chuck's Roadhouse I decided to look at their menu online and compared to other chain restaurants like Kelsey's as an example, their prices are a lot cheaper. Anyway, I have never been to one before and I looked up the reviews of their closet location to me, which is in Richmond Hill, on Google it's got 4 stars out of 5. However, when I read the specific reviews about it, I'm seeing a number of 1 and 2 star reviews. There is also some 5 star reviews, so for anyone who has been their restaurant what did you think about it?

I'll never go, there is some jerk Maple Leaf fan walking around sampling food from strangers plates. Eating a piece of my steak from my plate, is a good way to end up in the Emergency Department.

Hey if you want a piece ... take my wife, leave my food alone.... ;)

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Swiss Chalet and Montana's, menu seems to change a couple of times a year. Those two restaurants are my go to, for cheap, "quality", quick service. I've never been disappointed at either place. Moxies is sometimes good sometimes not so good. Kelseys is OK I guess, not rememberable enough to go back. Boston Pizza is hot garbage. Eastside Mario's is pure garbage. If I want high quality, there are local boutique restaurants that are my go to, but its usually a $200 to $300 bill for dinner for two. Those are reserved for a few times a year for special occasions.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
If you're in the Beach and like BBQ, Breakwall is the place. Just east of Woodbine on Queen. Excellent food, decent priced beer, tight seating around the bar. Tell 'em Uncle Mike sent you.
The Beach and Tulip steakhouse were synonymous for me for years.

Still not over Tulip closing it's doors....... :(

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad