OT: Has anyone here been to a Chuck's Roadhouse?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Embarrassed that it is Canadian. Food is worth the cost, staff couldn't be less helpful if they tried. You leave thinking you escaped paying as little as possible for the worst service. Hard to hit the tip button.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
The Chucks commercial looks a little homemade/low budget. When I see something like that I always wonder - what else are they skimping on? Based on the comments in this thread, I'll probably avoid it it, even if there arent any here in BC.

Reactions: ACC1224

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Have some down here in Windsor Essex.

It’s a chain steak house, it’s decent for what it is.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Never tried them, will next time. We use to go all the time and then stopped over COVID but my buddy I took Saturday suggested it and took me.
I wasn't overly hungry so had the Blackened Shrimp Tacos, excellent.
Make sure you have someone to split them with because they are ridiculously sized

Reactions: ACC1224

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I'm sure everything said here is valid but the Belleville location isn't that bad?

I strictly go for the half priced appetizers after 9, you get like 2 lbs of decent wings for like 13 bucks. A few of their other apps are alright too.

It's whatever but if you know what to order and you're a 20something with no money, it's the place to get drunk.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Make sure you have someone to split them with because they are ridiculously sized
Definitely.
We split the dried ribs for an app, they were great as well.

I'm sure everything said here is valid but the Belleville location isn't that bad?

I strictly go for the half priced appetizers after 9, you get like 2 lbs of decent wings for like 13 bucks. A few of their other apps are alright too.

It's whatever but if you know what to order and you're a 20something with no money, it's the place to get drunk.
100% we’ve all done the same over the years.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I’m on the road all the time for work (at Kelsey’s right now actually lol). Chucks roadhouse is decent. The food is priced accordingly. You get lotsa food for cheap but the food is nothing special. It’s fine for a buncha buddy’s who want a cheap meal and a pile of beer.

Reactions: Ciao

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
1673395116191.jpeg

If only they weren’t boneless!!

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Speaking of overpriced food...

I was the Production Chef at Harbor Sixty .

AMA

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
After seeing that commercial a number of times during Leafs games for Chuck's Roadhouse I decided to look at their menu online and compared to other chain restaurants like Kelsey's as an example, their prices are a lot cheaper. Anyway, I have never been to one before and I looked up the reviews of their closet location to me, which is in Richmond Hill, on Google it's got 4 stars out of 5. However, when I read the specific reviews about it, I'm seeing a number of 1 and 2 star reviews. There is also some 5 star reviews, so for anyone who has been their restaurant what did you think about it?
Just my opinion, but Chuck's is literally my GO-TO if meeting up with hockey buds/parents and needing a great place with food, drinks, and reasonable prices.

Can't understand the low ratings some have given them here . . . maybe they're a different generation? Who knows. Either way, there's not a cheaper lobster and steak you will EVER get (literally half price of what you'd pay anywhere else).

Two thumbs up from me.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
A few times. It's not getting a michelin star that's for sure but it's not that bad compared to some of the "better" chain restaurants.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Just my opinion, but Chuck's is literally my GO-TO if meeting up with hockey buds/parents and needing a great place with food, drinks, and reasonable prices.

Can't understand the low ratings some have given them here . . . maybe they're a different generation? Who knows. Either way, there's not a cheaper lobster and steak you will EVER get (literally half price of what you'd pay anywhere else).

Two thumbs up from me.
There is no right or wrong just personal opinions.
IMO, the bolded is a good description of that, some appreciate that, some would never imagine ordering it.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Food is alright at best. I’ll only go after 9pm when the apps are half off paired with pretty cheap beer prices.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
@RayzorIsDull what do u even mean by that comment?? Seems pretty ignorant to even suggest that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111_085302_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_085302_Brave.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 6

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
went there this past weekend with my fiancé and her family. Overrated. Foods alright but it us $75 for 2 meals + 1 desert
Not sure what you ordered but Chuck's is the unchallenged best value roadhouse.

Where else can you get a cooked to order $8 burger and fries.
$4-18 oz beer, or $5-6oz glass of Yellow Tail during Leaf games

Half priced apps after 9pm. So a big order of nachos for $8
Tuesdays 30 oz beer $6
Wednesday full rack of ribs with a side and corn $15

Super popular in Burlington with the 20 something crowd.
My wife and I zipped there Saturday at 9 and watched the 3rd period and got a couple drinks and apps super cheap.
Food isnt 5 star but cost isnt either.

take advantage of their specials and you can't go wrong.

Menu - AAA Steak, BBQ, Wings, Burgers, and more! Chuck's Roadhouse Bar and Grill
Deals - AAA Steak, BBQ, Wings, Burgers, and more! Chuck's Roadhouse Bar and Grill

Embarrassed that it is Canadian. Food is worth the cost, staff couldn't be less helpful if they tried. You leave thinking you escaped paying as little as possible for the worst service. Hard to hit the tip button.
Obviously location dependant.

Reactions: slozo

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
me and my buddy love chucks up here in Bracebridge.

Obviously go in with low expectations, but an $8 burger and $4 pints, its hard to go wrong

Reactions: The Iceman

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Not sure what you ordered but Chuck's is the unchallenged best value roadhouse.

Where else can you get a cooked to order $8 burger and fries.
$4-18 oz beer, or $5-6oz glass of Yellow Tail during Leaf games

Half priced apps after 9pm. So a big order of nachos for $8
Tuesdays 30 oz beer $6
Wednesday full rack of ribs with a side and corn $15

Super popular in Burlington with the 20 something crowd.
My wife and I zipped there Saturday at 9 and watched the 3rd period and got a couple drinks and apps super cheap.
Food isnt 5 star but cost isnt either.

take advantage of their specials and you can't go wrong.

Menu - AAA Steak, BBQ, Wings, Burgers, and more! Chuck's Roadhouse Bar and Grill
Deals - AAA Steak, BBQ, Wings, Burgers, and more! Chuck's Roadhouse Bar and Grill

Obviously location dependant.
No one would ever argue it isn't cheap.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I mean you roll the dice when it comes to places with cheap food. Doesn’t mean it’s all bad, but it depends on your personal preference :laugh:

Never been to one but I can’t say I’d want to take the wife for a date night to one. At the same time if we’re talking a post beer league game with the boys, then that would do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad