OT: Has anyone here been to a Chuck's Roadhouse?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
After seeing that commercial a number of times during Leafs games for Chuck's Roadhouse I decided to look at their menu online and compared to other chain restaurants like Kelsey's as an example, their prices are a lot cheaper. Anyway, I have never been to one before and I looked up the reviews of their closet location to me, which is in Richmond Hill, on Google it's got 4 stars out of 5. However, when I read the specific reviews about it, I'm seeing a number of 1 and 2 star reviews. There is also some 5 star reviews, so for anyone who has been their restaurant what did you think about it?

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
After seeing that commercial a number of times during Leafs games for Chuck's Roadhouse I decided to look at their menu online and compared to other chain restaurants like Kelsey's as an example, their prices are a lot cheaper. Anyway, I have never been to one before and I looked up the reviews of their closet location to me, which is in Richmond Hill, on Google it's got 4 stars out of 5. However, when I read the specific reviews about it, I'm seeing a number of 1 and 2 star reviews. There is also some 5 star reviews, so for anyone who has been their restaurant what did you think about it?
The one in Hamilton is always packed.

I think the food is bad.

But it's cheap.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The food is not great. However it is pretty cheap and passable.

If you go after 9 all apps(including wings) are half price and they have cheap beer for Leaf games and football

Reactions: Auston Escobar

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's garbage.
That may be the dumbest commercial on tv. Who wants to go to a restaurant where some guy from the bar walks around and steals food off of peoples plates?
The one in Hamilton is always packed.

I think the food is bad.

But it's cheap.
The food is not great. However it is pretty cheap and passable.

If you go after 9 all apps(including wings) are half price and they have cheap beer for Leaf games and football
Thank you for the replies. If the food isn't great, I won't waste my time and money going there.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
went there this past weekend with my fiancé and her family. Overrated. Foods alright but it us $75 for 2 meals + 1 desert

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
All good pre-game stops, same with Moxies and Kellys Landing.
Scaddabush is another one, right beside where I park. Cheapest pre-game parking around.

:laugh: Seems to be a theme.
Kelly’s landing is the go to spot, although on the game against Seattle, tried to book a week in an advance and they were all booked settled for Scaddabush, still a good option.

Chucks is pretty bad, it’s cheap and not very good, but the 4$ beer deal when the Leafs play is pretty good.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Went to Moxies pre-game Saturday, it was excellent.
Moxies nachos are the best hands down!

For those of us of a certain age, each visit to Chuck's has made me think what Ponderosa would be like right now if it had survived.

......... and there's a reason why it didn't survive.

Chuck's is very under-whelming for the prices they charge.
Ponderosa is alive in well in Florida! Very good comp.

It still isn't very good.

Auston Escobar

Plata o Plomo
Aug 14, 2019
The food is pretty mediocre, but it’s probably the lowest prices for eating out that isn’t fast food.

The selling point for when I meet up with the guys is the beer prices, you can actually get toasty without hurting your wallet too much.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Funny this came up, I just took my wife and 2 kids there the other day (whitby location).

Wife and I had steak... the steak itself wasn't bad, she had a baked potato she said was dry and flavorless. I had fries that were very limp and soggy I couldn't finish. Both meals came with "corn on the cob" which was a piece about 3 inches long, and tasted like it was months old, 1 nibble then never touched it. My oldest had a burger he said was "alright kinda boring" but the same lousy fries, and youngest had chicken fingers that were way overcooked with a dark hard crust, and same limp fries.

$100 for 4 of us which isn't crazy, but we won't go back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Moxies nachos are the best hands down!
Never tried them, will next time. We use to go all the time and then stopped over COVID but my buddy I took Saturday suggested it and took me.
I wasn't overly hungry so had the Blackened Shrimp Tacos, excellent.

Reactions: Jojalu

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
The food is subpar, albeit not completely inedible, but it's a place you go to once to say you've tried it, and only go again if you are have no choice when someone you are meeting up suggests it.

I imagine it'd be a decent place to watch a game and have a drink however, amongst all the similar places to it.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
went there with my fiancé and her family this past weekend (London). Overrated. Food was alright but cost us $75 for 2 meals + 1 desert. Definitely won't be going back there again!

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Chuck’s is awesome, drinks are hella cheap and the one near my house is always packed with Leafs fans on game days. I’m probably younger than most posters on this board though and it’s definitely a place for younger people lol

And I’d never eat the food there :laugh:

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Starting to get jealous of all you mainlanders and your grub stops. Keep leaving suggestions, when I get to Toronto for a Leafs game at some point it would be good to have a list.

Reactions: LeafSteel

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It used to be a lot better. Years ago the food was cheap and pretty decent. It’s been real bad lately, but still fairly cheap compared to most places

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00