OT: Has anyone here been to a Chuck's Roadhouse?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The two times I ate at Eastside Marios, I got the raging trots. The first time i thought it was something else, second time.. never again.
That's the "badda boom badda bing" effect!

They call it Eastside because of the lean direction while seated and trying to empty the tank

Years ago we went to a top restaurant in London, Ontario and my wife order duck a'lorange.
We were there with another couple and mostly the evening was about socializing.
My wife couldn't cut the duck, so without really thinking about it I tried cutting it.
Wasn't easy!
Anyway, we ordered desserts and waiter asked how things were and we said the duck was a little tough, and he was offended and almost argued with us about it.
Minutes later we hear the waiter tell another table, "the chef isn't happy with the duck tonight."

You can get bad food in good restaurants, they just don't want to admit it.

A couple of my kids worked in chain restaurants while in high school, and I'm not sure there is a wide difference between good and bad food in the chains.
I find biggest difference is you want the hot food to be hot, and the cold to be cold.
You sure that wasn't great blue heron a la orange

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
If you're in town and don't mind driving a bit out of the city core, there is a place called Tina's Grill in Aurora about 40 minutes north - owner is a huge Flyers fan, his wings are huge and unbelievable, food overall is unreal, amazing place to catch a game .

Reactions: Roadhog

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
All of them are pretty much the same, no matter the signage. The menus have stylistic differences but the food, and calling it that is a stretch, is as low quality as they can sell and still keep the doors open.

Edit. This is all thanks to the US style of capitalism, is anybody old enough to remember how good Tim Hortons was before Wendy's got a hold of them?

First move was to award about 50% more franchises then were viable. Then came the drive through, when franchisees complained they weren't making enough money, they went from 18% cream to 10, then the doughnuts got smaller and the prices increased while the coffees quality was downgraded and less grounds were used per pot. Then by the time they had run out of new money making ploys they sold it to the Brazilians

I wonder when the NHL is going to award a bunch of new franchises:naughty::nod:
I started going to Tim's in Waterloo in the early 70s, while at university. Back then the coffee was good and the donuts weren't 50% sugar, and weren't soggy crap like Krispy Kreme.

Haven't had a donut in years, and get maybe three or four coffees a year, if I'm on the road late at night. Much as I hate to admit it, McDonald's coffee is actually better, although still not good.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I started going to Tim's in Waterloo in the early 70s, while at university. Back then the coffee was good and the donuts weren't 50% sugar, and weren't soggy crap like Krispy Kreme.

Haven't had a donut in years, and get maybe three or four coffees a year, if I'm on the road late at night. Much as I hate to admit it, McDonald's coffee is actually better, although still not good.
McDonalds buy their coffee from Starbucks I believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad